Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Enjoying this so far. It's funny and corny in all the right ways.

I realize Ashley Burch is having a moment what with Aloy in Horizon Forbidden West and Tiny Tina in this coming out back-to-back

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Ashly Burch looks like she's someone's grandma and she's 31, wtf bad genes.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Except this new game is being based off a DLC for that 10 year old game so comparing it to a game this one has very little to do with, 3, makes far less sense than comparing it to the one it is being based off of. It's not that I don't get why they would compare it to 3 but it does come across to me as shill-speak, it might be better than 3 but it sure as fuck doesn't compare to 2 or even the DLC it is based off of or else that would be the comparison they would be making to reel in older fans and get the hype building. It's just my opinion but I seriously doubt that the majority of people interested in playing this did not also play Borderlands 2 and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, this is an attempt to reinvigorate an ailing franchise by utilizing one of it's stand out moments so the lack of comparison to that stand-out moment is a little telling. Then again, that's just my opinion.
Doesn't really matter if it's a follow up to BL2's DLC if a lot of the people who made BL2 are long gone. The crew that made BL3 also made this, and after what an absolute shitshow that game's writing was I'm still skeptical about it even being worth a rental.

Plus, on top of being EGS exclusive and made by a company run by Randy Pitchford, it's also 99.999% likely to be infected with Denuvo like every other 2K release.

Last edited:

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This is much better than BL3 so far. The combat and action is the same (never was a problem) but the storyline / voice acting / general mayhem is much more in tune with what one expects.

I think maybe the legacy of Borderlands as an IP got in the way of them doing the necessary weirdness.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Stop saying this is good because I don't want to want to play this and I already want to play this at it is.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Rofl this Smurf quest. Such a silly fun game so far. Great to play something corny after ER

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Rofl this Smurf quest. Such a silly fun game so far. Great to play something corny after ER
Yup I am enjoying it so far, little basic but that will change once I get more levels.

Here is my made character so far:
1648248350996.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Decided to end the session after 30-60 minutes because of random periods of screen freeze for no apparent reason.

Don't know what the issue might be, tried googling and i do see reports of screen freezes/lag spikes/etc but those results are all for PC.
i'm playing on the PS5, in split screen co-op but i dont see why that would be an issue.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Ah fuck, I didn't want this to be good either.

I don't want to install Epic Launcher. :(

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well cut my evening short because me and my friend can’t connect to servers to play together. Games seems pretty good otherwise so far.

Decided to end the session after 30-60 minutes because of random periods of screen freeze for no apparent reason.

Don't know what the issue might be, tried googling and i do see reports of screen freezes/lag spikes/etc but those results are all for PC.
i'm playing on the PS5, in split screen co-op but i dont see why that would be an issue.

This is apparently related to the network being down, cause screen freeze for some unknown reason while it’s trying to randomly recomnect.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Also, definitely switch the game to dx11. It defaults to dx12 and performances are ass with it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've had no issues with DX12, though I feel the game gets lower fps (1440p / ultra) than I hoped on a 3060ti, but gameplay has been smooth.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I was wondering why Paladin Mike sounds exactly like Lorelei until Tina's explanation that Mike wasn't her character, it was the character of some barista she met on the EchoNet.

We know from BL3 that Lorelei would indeed have still been a barista at the time the framing sequence of the game is set as it's still many years before Rhys takes over Atlas and hires her out of that coffee shop.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
4 hours in and gameplay is starting to pick up. Definitely do not buy this game if you don’t love table top DnD and the like. All the jokes are going to fall flat and just be lame or worse. Personally the charm is working on me and had some genuine laughs so far.
The dialogue loops are already getting stale, like when you find a D20 to increase overall luck she says one of three things and when you are searching for 10-30 of them per area you hear them a lot.
They did nail the exploration though, finding those things really does make you want to look around as much as shoot stuff. Haven’t unlocked all slots or multi class yet but looking forward to it.
If you like table top RPGs, Tiny Tina and competent looter shooter pick this up, if anyone of those things does not appeal stay away.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
I've had no issues with DX12, though I feel the game gets lower fps (1440p / ultra) than I hoped on a 3060ti, but gameplay has been smooth.

At 3440*1440 Ultra on a 2080 I went from like 30fps to 55+ when I switched from dx12 to dx11.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
At 3440*1440 Ultra on a 2080 I went from like 30fps to 55+ when I switched from dx12 to dx11.
Hrmm no performance issues aside from the texture pop in on first load, I limited my FPS to monitor refresh rate and lowered things you never notice like fog.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
There are a ton of D&D and general gamer references. Skeletons who yell that you are a 'filthy casual', for example. But they also tell things like trying to liberate the skeleton trapped inside your flesh, so there are some gags non-gamers can appreciate.

I dig the small touches, like zombies having red health 'armor' that you damage before hitting the grey/white bone necessary to kill skeleton types.

The quest design is top notch. The 'Goblins Tired of Forced Oppression (GTFO)' seemed like a small little side quest but the area it's in is massive and has a bunch of other quests as well. Listening to the whole speech at the end of Non-violent Offender had me chuckling at all the points where you think he's a out to finally stop talking...and then keeps going.

Claptrap saying "Fuze the ores apprentice, Fuze the ores" was clearly the entire point of a given quest, and I respect that.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf