Tips on being a cheap piece of shit

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i saved the most money ever by living by 2 simple principles:

1. i didn't go to college to have fun. i went to some comunity college then translated over to real college. didn't live on campus. didn't participate in campus life. worked the whole time. payed each bill the week i got it. no dept from college.

2. Drove shitty small old vehicles. they cost me 900 dollars, 1500 dollars and 3000 dollars. that's what i've driven my whole life. i'm still driving the 3k S10 and i will continue to do so till it becomes dangerous(er) to drive.

based on these principles i hear none of my wife's bullshit when she bitches about me buying a game or leaving a light on.
Great tip.

Here's another one: You can save money on housing by living in a 1 room shack.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
Great tip.

Here's another one: You can save money on housing by living in a 1 room shack.
oh you can live like a king any other way you want. its just that cars are the most overpriced thing one can buy for utility sake. My wife has a newish truck with extended cab for hauling the kid around in. I'm not gonna have my kid ride around in my cheap truck. at some point I'll need to get her a larger vehicle for grocery getting and whatnot and that truck will be "mine to drive"but i'm still gonna grind this one to death.

tho to your point, i think many people actually COULD buy property and build a small home with the bare minimum they need. bedroom, bathroom, store room, enormous entertainment/living room. and clock in cheaper than buying a lot of fancy homes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Port your number to google voice and just use the apps on iPads or your PC. Why have a mobile phone bill when you never leave the house!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have a rich pharmacist friend who saves his light bulb receipts and returns them when they die. He uses the date and the lifetime rating of the bulb to justify the return and it works, they won’t argue with him over a $4 return. His dad does this as well and they never have to buy lightbulbs beyond the first time.

He lives in a 7600 sq ft house that has two movie theaters in the basement. I should ask him for some more of the cheap shit he does for this thread.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 5 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am considering not leasing my next car but just buying something cheaper out right. Been leasing for almost 2 decades, feels like wasted $$$ going forward.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Lol you spendy fucks. I save over 50% of my income and fuck anyone who wants a piece.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Salty

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I save over 70% of my income. It used to be over 90% when I was working more overtime.

Oldbased

> Than U
I feel like this thread is getting off on the wrong foot. The purpose here is tips that can save money without having to sacrifice your quality of living. Tips like "don't buy expensive phones" and "buy cheap Chinese junk off of Amazon" aren't very helpful.

Just want to put that out there before you fucks start suggesting shopping for clothes at flea markets and dumpster diving for food behind restaurants.
Look you will take my China ads and like it.
Go buy YSDEZZQWQYY brand now. It's worth it!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Yeah I save over 70% of my income. It used to be over 90% when I was working more overtime.
What motivates you to work that hard if you don't like actually spending money or have a family to provide for?

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What motivates you to work that hard if you don't like actually spending money or have a family to provide for?
Born poor and never want to be poor again. It doesn't matter if I have to live within heavily restricted means. I always want a huge reserve pile of cash in case something breaks or something extreme happens. Living through Hurricane Sandy and that huge flood in 2010 and having to fight the insurance company for 18 months each time for compensation probably has a lot to do with that. Living in a house with no heat, no running water and intermittent electricity for 8 months, with a sick dog and sick parent to take care of, will really re-adjust your idea of what the "floor" for standard of living really is.

It was never the lifestyle of being poor that bothered me, it was feeling trapped and having a lack of options.

Last edited:
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Imagine being such a faggot you think working your life away and dying on top of a pile of gold like Smaug is a worthwhile existence.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users