Tips on being a cheap piece of shit

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Imagine being such a faggot you think working your life away and dying on top of a pile of gold like Smaug is a worthwhile existence.
giphy.gif

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Imagine being such a faggot you think working your life away and dying on top of a pile of gold like Smaug is a worthwhile existence.
Why do you give a shit? It's literally harmful to no one.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
You can easily get products on amazon at 30 to 50% off if you wait and kinda go about it in a roundabout way.

they'll normally sell things for 30% off if the box is damaged, like a hole in it, but it's not opened, well who cares about the box,

they'll also sell returned items... you could buy this returned item for 30% off, say it doesn't work and they send you the "same condition" used, but usually there won't be one around so they'll just send you a new one, and you send the old one back.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Dislike

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I don't have much advice on how to be cheap, however as for being a piece of shit...

You have come to the right website.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Great tip.

Here's another one: You can save money on housing by living in a 1 room shack.
You actually save more money overall if you're able to put any extra $$$ (that you can afford) into your mortgage payment every month. Back when I was in PA, my payment was $1650. I would put a flat $2k in every month, and in 9 years living there, I took an additional 5-6 years off the top. That means I would be paying WAY LESS in taxes overall. Even with a low APR, you're paying out the ass on a home. We had purchased our house for $205k. For a 30 year mortgage at $1650/month which was also at around 3.5% APR at the time... After 30 years, I would have paid $594k for my place.

But 9 years of paying an additional $350/month was a total of $37,800 (that's assuming I always paid the 2k. There were quite a few months that I was tight, so I couldn't afford it).
However, 5 years of payments at $1650 is actually $99,000. So an extra $38k total, saved me $61k.

So that's a great way to be cheap at the expense of spending a little more up front.

Another way to save, is to find local deals with various restaurants. There was a Hoagie shop around where I used to work. For $4.50/day, they would have a STUFFED 6" hoagie, a bag of chips and a can of soda. Every day the "special" hoagie would change, so every day I would get something different.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
You actually save more money overall if you're able to put any extra $$$ (that you can afford) into your mortgage payment every month. Back when I was in PA, my payment was $1650. I would put a flat $2k in every month, and in 9 years living there, I took an additional 5-6 years off the top. That means I would be paying WAY LESS in taxes overall. Even with a low APR, you're paying out the ass on a home. We had purchased our house for $205k. For a 30 year mortgage at $1650/month which was also at around 3.5% APR at the time... After 30 years, I would have paid $594k for my place.
If you can get a higher return by investing the cash than your the interest rate of your mortgage, you're typically better off doing that.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't know how to do that, so....

Oh yeah, another "save". If you happen to run up credit card debt and you can't pay it off, the interest rate on that will kill you also. So find a new card that offers 0% APR for the first x years, then transfer the debt to that new card. Yes, you'll pay a fee for transferring, but it's still WAY LESS than the interest payments you have on your other card. The biggest thing is you MUST pay off the card completely BEFORE the 0% APR period ends, or else they'll go and add the entire interest history that card "would" have earned on its normal APR. The banks make money on you fucking up and not paying that card off in time.

So let's see you have $5k in debt, and you have a 2 year 0% APR card. Realistically, that's 24 months of interest free, but pay it off in 23 months. So that means you MUST pay off the balance + transfer fee in 23 months. So.... $5k would become around $5250 or $5500. That means you need to pay $229 or $240/month. Do that and you'll pay off your $5k debt without tons of compounded interest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Never pay full price for anything if you can avoid it and are not in an emergency situation. Check slickdeals.net for everything!