Titan has been cancelled.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
I thought I'd be more depressed about this, but maybe it's just the fact we never really saw anything about the game that makes it feel so irrelevant. Probably that and the fact that I could never be competitive like I once was in WoW's early days due to time constraints.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am a long time Dota player, and got to play HOTS for the first time last weekend. It doesn't suck. The depth might not be there, but the fun factor is.

Titan was nothing more than rumors and farts in the wind. Can't say this cancellation does any more for me than the unveiling announcement did. Whole bunch of 'meh'.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Atleast we get an Utnayan Avatar change out of this.

Here's my idea of what column should change it to:

rrr_img_76700.jpg

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just wonder what the other MMO's had to do with this decision? As a corporation that likes to make money, they clearly want to remain the biggest players in the MMO game.

Did they feel Titan was inferior to them and would have been a bust? Or did they feel WoW is still superior to all of them and will be for the foreseeable future? Depending on how you view this, it either speaks very highly or very lowly of products like EQ:Next and Destiny.

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I get the feeling that whatever Titan was it somehow ended up being a console game called Destiny.
This is correct and this is the reason why the announcement came now despite Titan being killed 18 months ago. Now that Activision has proven that Destiny is another billion $ franchise there is no point pouring more money into a third rate Destiny clone hence the announcement.

If you pay attention and read between the lines it's not Titan that got killed (bc that was killed last year), but the scifi shooter quasi MOBA 1sdt+3rd person view type of game that they were still considering.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I thought this happened like a year ago? What am I thinking of?
They said a year ago they were pretty much scrapping what they had and were going back to the drawing board. I guess they couldn't work everything out in that time so they just canned the entire project now.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
With this news I declare the MMO genre DEAD. 7 years and Blizzard couldn't churn out another MMO? RIP MMO's.