Titan has been cancelled.

Vitality

HUSTLE
With this news I declare the MMO genre DEAD. 7 years and Blizzard couldn't churn out another MMO? RIP MMO's.
What do you mean? We still have EQ:N on the horizon.
rolleyes.png

gogojira_sl

shitlord
A third rate Destiny? Destiny is a third rate Destiny. It wouldn't take much to best it.

P.S. Microsoft bought a brand with Minecraft, sorry if you can't see it for what it is. They'll make bank on product, which stretches far beyond a videogame.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The only rumour I ever remember having heard about Titan was that it was supposed to be a sort of merging of WoW and Starcraft, but with new IP. Mucking about in space and shit. That must have been about a year after Titan was first announced. Haven't heard shit since.

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
P.S. Microsoft bought a brand with Minecraft, sorry if you can't see it for what it is. They'll make bank on product, which stretches far beyond a videogame.
I agree to some extent but Microsoft is a $380bn company and to remain such they need to dominate mobile as well as desktop. Minecraft is just a way to do it, like Microsoft Office was in the 90s.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Not arguing that, they'll stretch it on all directions and it'll never be limited to an Xbox product. They bought an absolutely absurd install base that hands over money like it's going out of style.

Last year I was at Disney World for Halloween and I swear every other kid was rocking a Minecraft costume.

Minecraft the movie will be coming soon.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was at dinner and the kid at the table next to mine just had his Minecraft PS3 jewel case out for whatever reason

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
For me this pretty much just confirms my feeling that Blizzard is done as a manufacturer who makes games for hardcore gamers. Diablo 3 was a farce. Hearthstone is MTG for retarded people. SC2 was never supported properly and was a shell of what it should have been. Now the one company who could 100% make a AAA MMO that people would actually give a chance is bailing on the genre.

Good luck to them and their casual friendly bullshit. Shit can be fun time wasting but it isn't the sort of thing we used to be able to count on from Blizzard.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
For me this pretty much just confirms my feeling that Blizzard is done as a manufacturer who makes games for hardcore gamers. Diablo 3 was a farce. Hearthstone is MTG for retarded people. SC2 was never supported properly and was a shell of what it should have been. Now the one company who could 100% make a AAA MMO that people would actually give a chance is bailing on the genre.

Good luck to them and their casual friendly bullshit. Shit can be fun time wasting but it isn't the sort of thing we used to be able to count on from Blizzard.
Wait, you think D3 is a bad game?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Really impressed they had a 7 year development cycle and still the public knows nothing about the game. I would've imagined there's at least one dev who put his heart and soul in the game hoping to be the new designer of scarlet monastery and got his work thrown in the trash because of money, management, drama, whatever.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
What are they doing instead? WoW will die eventually, there's no way around it. And I don't believe for a second they're making as much money with that shitty cardgame as they're making with WoW, even in its declining state.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is Hearthstone:Blizzard::Steam:Valve? In that they neglect their core games in favor of something with a higher profit margin?