TLP Questions & FAQ - Ask away

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So for Ogre SK its 5 points in AGI , 15 into Int , what about troll? All of it into Int?

Edit: Oops, looking up P99 stuff.

Vaclav

Frenzic farming Paineel was the reason bone chips got nerfed and the reason he raided in cloth.

Remember he posted 10 mil in pp during classic from them

Nod. Maybe I'm thinking of him on Ragefire. Or maybe even further back - I know he did Swamp for a bit before moving off into his further planning.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
So if my buddy and I are starting in the same starting area, is it bad to group right from level 1? SK/Shm

With how the experience rules look to be set up, the more the merrier in terms of reaping experience bonus benefits.

Frenzic farming Paineel was the reason bone chips got nerfed and the reason he raided in cloth.

Remember he posted 10 mil in pp during classic from them

lol wat? what was that about?

Sterling

El Presidente
With how the experience rules look to be set up, the more the merrier in terms of reaping experience bonus benefits.

lol wat? what was that about?
In Kunark on Ragefire he was in Kaladim turning in many, many bags of bonechips and was like the first to 55 or whatever and then a GM despawned the npc. The quest xp thing didn't get nerfed till later though when on Phinny there was some crazy nonsense with Fire beetle eyes and Red wine everywhere.

kudos

<Banned>
GM's are such faggots. That's not breaking the game. How long do you think that quest had been in the game? Decade+? Fucking stupid.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Can someone break down the DPS rankings for me? Preferably explain differences between group and raid. Even better, by expansion... Much thanks.

Sterling

El Presidente
Can someone break down the DPS rankings for me? Preferably explain differences between group and raid. Even better, by expansion... Much thanks.
It's not really that simple, even by raid fights it varies by specific raid mobs. But in general on raids in Classic it's mostly Wizards and Necromancers doing most of the work. Once Kunark hits, a lot of the fights are lure fights so it's Monks on those fights and Necros and Wizards on the other fights, with SKs right there if they can disc. In Velious it's largely the same although SKs fall behind a little bit on longer fights. In Luclin you get to mix in Ranger Trueshot discs where they're up there on fights they can disc on and Mages can start making some parses now and necros fall behind due largely to their AAs being generally less powerful offensively. . In PoP/LDoN Rangers just become retardedly OP and top almost every fight even without discs. Note that Rogue is not mentioned anywhere because they are trash on TLP.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
GM's are such faggots. That's not breaking the game. How long do you think that quest had been in the game? Decade+? Fucking stupid.

He was literally 55 like right after Kunark in our guild tool so it got a lot of attention. Frenzic was fun to raid with he always bro dealed all his hustles too which was a huge time save for us leveling mags armies.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
In PoP/LDoN Rangers just become retardedly OP and top almost every fight even without discs. Note that Rogue is not mentioned anywhere because they are trash on TLP.

Zaide said the same thing about Rangers. I have a buddy who played pretty aggresively on the first TLP and he vehemently denies Ranger DPS and insists they're trash. Has anything changed or did people just not know how to play Rangers? We're both confused, obviously.

How are Rangers such awesome DPS in PoP/Ldon?

Sterling

El Presidente
Zaide said the same thing about Rangers. I have a buddy who played pretty aggresively on the first TLP and he vehemently denies Ranger DPS and insists they're trash. Has anything changed or did people just not know how to play Rangers? We're both confused, obviously.

How are Rangers such awesome DPS in PoP/Ldon?
AAs. Time bow, Crafted Arrows and a Fleeting Quiver. If it's a fight they can disc on they can be as much as 30-40 percent ahead of Monks/Wizards etc and even if they don't they're usually ahead. Monks and casters get to catch back up a little in LDoN due to augs and stuff, but it's not the full gap.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
AAs. Time bow, Crafted Arrows and a Fleeting Quiver. If it's a fight they can disc on they can be as much as 30-40 percent ahead of Monks/Wizards etc and even if they don't they're usually ahead. Monks and casters get to catch back up a little in LDoN due to augs and stuff, but it's not the full gap.

Interesting. Thanks.

How are Rangers in vanilla/kunark/vel?

Sterling

El Presidente
Interesting. Thanks.

Not amazing or easy dps on average since they don't have their archery stuff yet. They aren't terrible dps though since they still get to melee and cast some dps spells so it's not awful, but they're not super exciting either. They make fine group content tanks for the most part unless you're doing something extremely challenging, which there's very little of especially assuming the ranger is raid geared.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Interesting. Thanks.

o8dlaf.jpg

PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Lol. Wanted to roll SK, but never done a Ranger, and love Druids. Ugh...

Edit: Best Ranger duo? Ranger + cleric? I don't even know what would pair well with it.

Vaclav

Lol. Wanted to roll SK, but never done a Ranger, and love Druids. Ugh...

Edit: Best Ranger duo? Ranger + cleric? I don't even know what would pair well with it.

Ranger/Cleric is solid but probably not the most ideal. (Although if you're doing it two-boxing yourself, it's likely the most manageable) That was the core of the four-box the wife and I did.

Ranger/Sham I'd think is the sweet spot for ranger duoing personally though. (It's my top vote for what el woman and I will do if we come late)

Crone

Ranger/Cleric is solid but probably not the most ideal. (Although if you're doing it two-boxing yourself, it's likely the most manageable) That was the core of the four-box the wife and I did.

Ranger/Sham I'd think is the sweet spot for ranger duoing personally though. (It's my top vote for what el woman and I will do if we come late)
Yea, that's what I figured. The shaman is the best duo for so many classes. I'll probably stick SK... I think... I'm so set on things, until the last minute, and then launch day I'll make a split decision. Fuck!

Vaclav

Yea, that's what I figured. The shaman is the best duo for so many classes. I'll probably stick SK... I think... I'm so set on things, until the last minute, and then launch day I'll make a split decision. Fuck!

Honestly I'd chalk it up to how much you like tanking for groups. "Able to nearly all the time (*I think honestly forever on Agnarr) but not expected to unless needed" or "Expected to all the time"

Also if you're only running one snare class in the group, ranger will have an easier time (cheaper manawise and less resistable with longer duration)

I love both classes - but I switched to ranger for recent TLPs since for the more recent generations of TLP SKs have started becoming overly popular - I did LOVE playing an SK when they weren't so common though - but they've become one of the more played classes now. I don't think that's an issue for most people though. But I like to stand out in a crowd.

(Also, if epics matter to you - SK one is insane with the competition level these days since many LLOOOOONNNGGGG parts don't get helped too much by instancing)