TLP Questions & FAQ - Ask away

lost

<Bronze Donator>
i think on ragefire they had a queue but they fixed it by phinigel, but the starting areas are gonna be jam packed so sooner you get ahead of the curve the faster youll level

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
I'm pretty sure I'll be three boxing but classes are still up in the air atm so I'm trying to get a better sense of the pet situation.

I know how pets work with regards to raidboss aggro and such, what about for leveling though? If there are pets and melee classes attacking a mob, will the pets ever hold aggro? What about charmed pets, can they tank if there is a melee player in the group?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm pretty sure I'll be three boxing but classes are still up in the air atm so I'm trying to get a better sense of the pet situation.

I know how pets work with regards to raidboss aggro and such, what about for leveling though? If there are pets and melee classes attacking a mob, will the pets ever hold aggro? What about charmed pets, can they tank if there is a melee player in the group?

Pets are incredible in groups, most of the time when you get a new pet it's yellow to you, and will out dps almost any other class on its own. It can hold/steal aggro now, so a pet can tank and this applies to charm pets too.

Note that with split raids we'll probably make a concerted effort to keep the fewest mages possible in each raid split thus minimizing the impact of the nerf on them since the nerf works according to thresholds based on the number of pets on a mob.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I have 0 experience with instanced old content. If you make a instance of Old Seb, do you spawn at the start of the zone? Do mobs respawn? Can a group pop an instance to xp farm loot in?

Sterling

El Presidente
Most instances don't have respawns. So not very useful for xp. I know Velk's lab had respawns for some reason so people did use those to xp in for up to 6 hours.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have 0 experience with instanced old content. If you make a instance of Old Seb, do you spawn at the start of the zone? Do mobs respawn? Can a group pop an instance to xp farm loot in?

When you make an instance for raiding you spawn at random points depending on the raid but a lot are at the zone in's. For example in classic for Vox you'll be in King Room at the Diplo door. For Naggy youll be at fire giants.

Crone Crone ill get the map link for sure and post it

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
When you make an instance for raiding you spawn at random points depending on the raid but a lot are at the zone in's. For example in classic for Vox you'll be in King Room at the Diplo door. For Naggy youll be at fire giants.

Crone Crone ill get the map link for sure and post it

cmon slacker wheres them maps

Just planning out my starting stats...

Ogre/SK automatically puts all points into Stamina
Troll/Shaman 5 Stamina, 25 Wisdom

Are these defaults OK? I'm used to P99 mechanics...

Sterling

El Presidente
Might want to put some points into AGI on the ogre SK since you get a pretty big AC penalty if your AGI is below 75, although you'll get stat buffs at some point with the shaman.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
not people that roll ogres

2yyqx6x.jpg

Octave

Trakanon Raider
Because raids are instanced and have lockout timers (weekly?), I imagine raids with the fewest possible people makes the most sense.

How does that work out? Very few wanted classes on raids?

Also - with the raid target mob buffs, does it just feel like luclin era - drawn out fights with tons of hit points?