TLP Questions & FAQ - Ask away

Sterling

El Presidente
Because raids are instanced and have lockout timers (weekly?), I imagine raids with the fewest possible people makes the most sense.

How does that work out? Very few wanted classes on raids?

Also - with the raid target mob buffs, does it just feel like luclin era - drawn out fights with tons of hit points?
Splits are generally dictated by tanks/healers, but yes, at least on phinny we usually split just about everything. For example we do 3 instances of time, and 5 split quarm every 6 days.
As for MotM, fights are mostly not all that drawn out with a couple of exceptions. Player character power is massively higher than it was on live pre TSS. Skill caps are higher, focus effects on pre luclin gear, the AC revamp, and everyone will be much more geared than normal guilds were on live.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Vox, Naggy, and Yael will all be super fast and probably less than 10-15m
Inny because people will need armor early on and you need to clear some T2 will be 20-30m
Cazic Thule same with people needing Fear armor and Necro's need slime bloods so you clear a lot = 45m -1 hour

PoSky will be the longest raid and really its only because the Keeper of Souls spawn mechanic which artificially inflates the clear time since we let people AFK until he pops. This is even with pulling the horses down some islands to speed up the timer. The bees are weak and we'll one shot them with some special magic.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Vox, Naggy, and Yael will all be super fast and probably less than 10-15m
Inny because people will need armor early on and you need to clear some T2 will be 20-30m
Cazic Thule same with people needing Fear armor and Necro's need slime bloods so you clear a lot = 45m -1 hour

PoSky will be the longest raid and really its only because the Keeper of Souls spawn mechanic which artificially inflates the clear time since we let people AFK until he pops. This is even with pulling the horses down some islands to speed up the timer. The bees are weak and we'll one shot them with some special magic.
I think he just means the actual fights themselves not the clears. Nothing is too long until NToV with Nev/Vulak really.

Might want to put some points into AGI on the ogre SK since you get a pretty big AC penalty if your AGI is below 75, although you'll get stat buffs at some point with the shaman.

Does no one else like Int on SKs?

not people that roll ogres

Most people that roll ogre SKs usually do 25 int 5 agi to avoid the afforementioned ac penalty. Once you get to velious + it's trivial to cap STA.

Thank you all! The +AGI was on the p99 wiki, but I figured the mechanics would be way different.

I was thinking Ogre just for tankiness (+ regen would be nice, but I'll probably have regen on me at most times with my Shaman). Hopefully I won't regret it :)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Can someone link me to the leveling routes? I know they were on here somewhere earlier.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Tutorial or not Tutorial? I don't think I have ever tried it but i've heard the armor is a decent pick up. Just curious.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Tutorial has really good noob gear but isn't available until PoP.

Gotcha. I wasn't sure if they made that available or not. I enjoyed the noob armor questions they implemented in the noobie zones at some point (can't remember when) but I heard most of it is broken or something to that extent.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bros you need to prepare your minds that you will most likely be in cloth the first weekend and that's ok.

Frenzic was wearing cloth 3 weeks into classic....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Gotcha. I wasn't sure if they made that available or not. I enjoyed the noob armor questions they implemented in the noobie zones at some point (can't remember when) but I heard most of it is broken or something to that extent.

Not broken, the quests just aren't in until PoP, making them irrelevant by that point. Like Korrupt said, you're going to be in mostly cloth armor until 50. If you get lucky you'll pick up a piece or 2 with some stats, but I wouldn't count on it! Any group that does get gear would be best to funnel it to your group tank as well.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't researched the pick thing heavily, but is there a limit to the number of picks per zone? Like could we forseeably all just pile into lavastorm? And what number do the picks cap out at?

Given that we have 19 statics lined up right now, I'm try to decide whether it makes sense to consider alternate leveling routes where zones are lower ZEM but will be pretty wide-open. Given the power creep that changes have brought to EQ, you'd assume that single groups can churn through way more mobs than they could in the past, so abandoned density at 90 ZEM will probably yield better results than 2-3 groups clearing in a 150 ZEM area - but this logic gets fuzzy due to the picks.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
AFAIK there is no limit to the number of picks per zone. They reduced the threshold. It sounds like dungeon type zones you need ~18-20 people to spawn a new pick. On Phinny it was common to have 5-7 picks of Lguk available at the beginning, and like 4+ throughout the expansion. With the reduced numbers required to spawn a pick I wouldn't be surprised if we see 10+ Lguks, uguks, solbs etc. Going to popular zones will still be competitive, but likely worthwhile.

As far as the ZEM, I thought they recently made some changes, but I can't remember. It didn't affect me since I wasn't leveling new toons anymore, maybe someone knows the answer.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Zems in some zones were broken, and were a LOT higher than they were supposed to be. They 'fixed' it. So they basically nerf'd some zones that were awesome to lvl in.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bros you need to prepare your minds that you will most likely be in cloth the first weekend and that's ok.

Frenzic was wearing cloth 3 weeks into classic....

Wasn't it netted technically? Not that there's much of a difference.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't it netted technically? Not that there's much of a difference.

Cloth 13pcs 23ac Drops from decayed skeletons / skeletons in Paineel - Tox , Large drops from various Lizards in Feerott.

Woven 12pcs 34ac Drops from various Frogloks in Innothule, and UGuk (No Foot Slot Item) (Magic Hands)

Netted 12pcs 21ac Drops from Various Frogloks in Feerott, Innothule, and UGuk (No Foot Slot Item) (Magic Hands)

Mesh 12pcs 46ac Drops from various Frogloks in UGuk & LGuk, Kobold Hunters in Innothule. (No Foot Slot Item) (Magic Hands)

Raw-Hide 13pcs 50ac Drops from Orcs, Zombies, Ghouls, Goblins various places.

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Frenzic farming Paineel was the reason bone chips got nerfed and the reason he raided in cloth.

Remember he posted 10 mil in pp during classic from them

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So if my buddy and I are starting in the same starting area, is it bad to group right from level 1? SK/Shm