Tokyo, Japan

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Mt fuji isn't a bad hike. My fatass made it up. Plus I saw two people run up it. Just bring water and food or you will pay up the ass for it on the mountain. It also has wifi up it also at the stations. Also you can only climb it in july and august.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That's a good note. I may not make it there that early if I end up going. I really have no idea where/when I'll go on a trip - just want to do it before the year is out. A friend just bought a place in Paris so that's in strong contention as well. Gotta love free crash spaces.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Roppongi is great if you want some nightlife or to hook up. Pretty much a sure thing.

Can confirm, I worked in Roppongi for a month and was getting laid like I was Hef in the Playboy mansion. Good times.

Spend a lot of time eating, Tokyo takes food super serious. Best Italian meal I ever had was there and I have been to Italy. Everything is very authentic (except Mexican).

• 1Solidarity

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Oh yeah make reservations to do the Mario kart through Tokyo because that was a ton of fun. Robot restaurant was dumb as fuck but a ton of fun because of it. I think that was in Shinjuku. All the bomb ass historical shit is in Kyoto so make a trip there if you like that stuff. Kannon and the 1000 buddahs of mercy is one of the greatest things I have ever seen. Sanjusangendo Temple

• 1Like

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Oh yeah make reservations to do the Mario kart through Tokyo because that was a ton of fun. Robot restaurant was dumb as fuck but a ton of fun because of it. I think that was in Shinjuku. All the bomb ass historical shit is in Kyoto so make a trip there if you like that stuff. Kannon and the 1000 buddahs of mercy is one of the greatest things I have ever seen. Sanjusangendo Temple

Mario Cart through Tokyo was a fucking blast@!!! That is a must do matter of fact. I dressed up as Luigi .

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Make sure to get the crepes they do in Harajuku. They're a dessert item and come rolled into an icecream cone shape and are filled with a variety of mostly ice-cream sundae type stuff.

Strawberrys, chocolate, icecreams, various sauces. There's a massive variety of choices you can make.

There's numerous vendors around Tokyo, but the most well known ones are in Harajuku and they all sell similar stuff.

Harajuku Crepes Guide | Tokyo Cheapo

• 1Solidarity

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Make sure to get the crepes they do in Harajuku. They're a dessert item and come rolled into an icecream cone shape and are filled with a variety of mostly ice-cream sundae type stuff.

Strawberrys, chocolate, icecreams, various sauces. There's a massive variety of choices you can make.

There's numerous vendors around Tokyo, but the most well known ones are in Harajuku and they all sell similar stuff.

Harajuku Crepes Guide | Tokyo Cheapo

Don't worry, I'll take him to the one in Akihabara.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I miss those crepes. I don't know how I didn't get fat when I was over there. Never ate some much junk food in my life.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I personally want to go back to that Restaurant that Chys and I went to in Ginza. It was good.

That time I went with you was the worst it's ever been, the service was awful, and we got seated at a table instead of a booth like I requested. Our fault since we were late for our reservation I guess.

I've been back there several times and each time it's been on another level.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, we'll up our game the next time I'm in town. Not sure when that'll be, but soon enough. Gotta show the new kid off to the family.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Giza is expensive but what do you expect! It was awesome though, TY Chysamere Chysamere for taking me there! That Kobe beef Nigiri or Sashimi we had was hellacious the whole dinner was incredible! I remember you had some and you don't eat raw stuff!!!! It was really sweet which was just amazing for a raw meat. Will be seeing you again later this year, will let you know when time gets closer kinfolk. KRA KRA!

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Giza is expensive but what do you expect! It was awesome though, TY Chysamere Chysamere for taking me there! That Kobe beef Nigiri or Sashimi we had was hellacious the whole dinner was incredible! I remember you had some and you don't eat raw stuff!!!! It was really sweet which was just amazing for a raw meat. Will be seeing you again later this year, will let you know when time gets closer kinfolk. KRA KRA!

It was A5 Japanese black wagyu nigiri sushi and it was amazing. I get it every time now :)

• 1Solidarity

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Alex Alex He didn't before he tried that delicacy, omg that shit is extraordinary! No joke. Probably the best thing I had while I was there.

Cybsled

When I went to Japan, the restaurant La Sora Seed was really good...basically an Italian/Japanese fusion. Was at the Skytower in Tokyo. The beef was fucking amazing.

How English friendly is Tokyo?

Super English friendly for the most part. Most signage is in English, all the mass transport have English announcers in addition to the Japanese ones, you'll find a decent amount of people who have at least basic English language ability, and a good chunk of restaurants will have English menu options if you ask. Much like in France, if you at least make an effort to speak the native language or use some words, you'll get a lot more help/appreciation. "Eigo o hanashimasu ka?" Do you speak English? (polite form) never hurts ;)

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Re: English speaking in Japan.

On my recent trip I flew into Osaka first, spending a few days there and found that English speaking, etc was a bit less than Tokyo. And Osaka is a very big city.

To explain further, anything important you interact with will have enough English to help you get around, there's signage, English language announcements in the Subway, the maps will have English on them, ATMs or ticket machines will have an ENG button to switch language modes. But I found that the service people behind the counter at various places had poor English skills. The few times I needed help at the hotel counter, Often the person I spoke to would need to defer me to someone else who was the designated English speaker. It wasn't a small out of the way Hotel, it was part of the APA chain and right in the downtown, walking distance from Osaka castle.

A lot of the museums and cultural places I went to had few or limited English descriptions on things, eg at the big multi story museum of History, English description panels were there, but were an after thought. A printed paper bit of text, sello-taped onto the panel that was made with the Japanese / Korean / Chinese text on it.

And in truth, I found all that, to be a really good thing about the trip. It felt good to be in a place that didn't need to be catering to us English speakers. To BE the fish out of water was refreshing. I had traveled through Europe some years ago and anyone you interacted with spoke English.

But also in Osaka, there weren't many Anglo-saxons there at all. Shit, the corridor in the hotel, all the doors were lower than my head height, I'm 6'3" so kinda tall, but I aint seen that before. It was like some scene from a Tim Burton film to walk down the corridor "Is this a prank or something, they send tall westerners to this floor and watch us on camera??"