Tom Clancy's The Division

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Been playing with a friend some (only level 7, saw your message UT, but was going to bed not long after)..
No Prob
smile.png
I am level 6 almost 7 I believe. I did the 3 main missions to start on my perks with the med lab, tech lab, and Security lab. Everything worked for me last night for about 5 hours without a hiccup aside from the laptop activation thing. A work around I found is activating, then logging out, restarting the game, and sometimes that fixes it and continues you on. I got lucky I guess because when I respawned in, no one was by the laptop and I was able to activate and continue.

Tried some crafting. Right now I am dismantling everything and not selling, as I am out leveling the items in the early stages relatively quickly. The other main missions showed up and gave me their appropriate level - so I think the next one I can do is 12. So I'll be doing side missions, events, and the resource quests for the labs. One thing I did like after opening the security lab was
The police dash cam video

As far as missions go, there was slight deviation in variety in one of the main missions in the start of the game when building up your labs, and one of your team has to carry an object box into a generator while fighting off looters and cleaners. But other than that so far it's the same. Hopefully that opens up later on. All in all, the servers remained stable and considering it is Ubisoft on launch day, that was pretty impressive. I had a queue the second time I logged in with 750 people remaining, which I thought was going to take forever, but somehow it went to 650 the next second, and the next second I was in the game.

Gun play seems to have been honed a bit as mine is more responsive now, however, movement with cover is still clunky. The only way around this is to transfer your mind set to be more strategic in positioning and less twitch since there are options while in cover of leaving cover, shifting cover, jumping over the cover, moving to the next cover spot.

The wording in the game is hard to read and the font is too small even on a large screen such as mine. When using quickmatch, the fonts are VERY small when it says you have 30 seconds to enter a group once it finds one and you need to click the right (or left I forget) thumbstick. I missed that once. That should just be automated. You make a choice to enter quickmatch, and it should load automatically. I do not understand the decision to confirm within 30 seconds with a thumbstick response of all choices.

UI takes some getting used too but once you play for an hour or so it gets easier. Just a lot different than what we are used too.

Weather effects and day/night is pretty good and the graphics on PS4 are fairly good.

Still on the fence about the longevity considering this is supposed to be a game like Diablo 3 and it continues on for loot. If they had some type of base raid for the cleaners with a boss in a 6-9 person squad, that would be something to chase for at the moment. With that said the weapon and gear systems are 5000000000% better than anything Destiny threw at us, the social aspects are MUCH more accessible and on the fly, and the story and world building is above and beyond better.

Worth the $30 I plunked down on it.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Games fun, combats a lot more better when you find a sniper rifle and can just start pickin dudes off with headshots.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Got in a little bit this morning, happy to see different missions starting to pop up, some traditional 'go kill this guy' as well as one to attack an enemy stronghold.

Also ran into what I assume were some rare spawns, they were named and were yellow. One was wandering the street with a crew and the other came up on an area I'd just helped clear out and was 4 levels higher than me and nearly one-shotting me when I'd get careless. Hell of a fight, not sure I would have pulled it out if I wasn't hitting for 7k headshots w/ my new rifle.

Not sure I'm going to stick w/ my flame turret, seemed so much better suppressing enemies, seems like +DMG is the way to go, unless you use a setup that takes advantage of shocking enemies, I haven't tinkered with that to see how effective that is on it's own.

Got the medlab main ability, interested in how much that will help groups w/ a 10? minute cooldown.

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
Try running the missions in hard mode for a bigger challenge. With a two person team, it makes it hard but doable. We did the field hospital at level 6 on hard and died 3 times before getting it done.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Cover system took some getting used too... more than once I took cover on accident from 30ft away and ran up to the middle of people to hide behind the same wall as those shooting at me, lol.

UI of the inventory system was confusing at first as well.

Enjoying the game a lot so far.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I'm 14 and haven't touched any hard difficulty stuff, just pugged normal (and still had a few wipes here and there are teams have been mostly a couple levels under the recommended).

Hope at some point we can just queue for matchmaking for a group of missions, or has someone seen that based on how it's set up now?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Decided to give this a shot on ps4 and I'm stuck trying to verify my identity. Servers are shit so far

EDIT rerolled my character and was able to get past that point

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Just thought of this. There is a twink meta that can easily spawn from this since the DZ's are based on level ranges. Three level ranges although I forgot what they were. So one could min max a second character and wreak havoc in that DZ level range.

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is stash for your whole account or is it just bank storage per character? Haven't used it yet

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
Two unexpected things happened last night:

1) I was able to log in without any trouble.

2) The power went down in my house....twice. The second time it did not come back on. This morning power was still out but I saw utility guys working in the neighborhood, so hopefully will be fixed this evening.

Apologies to those I was with and in chat. I hopefully will be back on tonight!

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is this the type of game where you really need to play in a team to get the most out of it? I usually solo but this is looking interesting .

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Is this the type of game where you really need to play in a team to get the most out of it? I usually solo but this is looking interesting .
You can do both. You do not need a perm group/premade. The matchmaking is pretty similar to WoW if you want to run story missions with a few other folks to make it easier or play with people. Join up, do the mission, leave and go about your business. The game is infinitely more fun with others though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think you run into problems going between grouping with a regular crew and solo, though.

I'm reluctant to do anything without my group, because otherwise I end up overleveled and the game becomes too difficult. There's also an issue where if I do a side mission, when we group up the other team members can't complete it unless they drop me from the group (I'm not positive about this, but I believe it's the case).

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Was on the Joe ferry mission and we killed him on the top floor. Didn't know the whole place would light up so I went to loot some shit and died, rest of friends all ran for it and made it out. So I died with a blue item and a few appearance loots sitting there. Once they ran out it respawned me at the entrance,

Any way to get that loot I missed like in destiny how it goes to the post master?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So? Is this worth the buy or what? Anything interesting or innovative about it?

Column_sl

shitlord
So? Is this worth the buy or what? Anything interesting or innovative about it?
It's worth buying imo. Nothing you haven't seen before it just presents it in a very nice package, and it's fun.

It could have easily been a MMO. They just do everything right.

One thing I'm noticing is all frost bite engine games run extremely smooth without sacrificing anything visual.

spronk

FPS noob
Frostbite is DICE/EA's engine, Division uses Snowbite (yeah I know almost same names)

running around as a level 12 in the DZ is pretty fun when you start exploring the higher areas. I unlocked almost all the safe houses, no other players around so just had to watch out for level 30-50 NPCs.

I've been playing solo 100% the last two days no problem, up to level 12 (10 DZ) and no issues at all. I match-make for the missions and solo everything else. Be sure to run to the mission start point and do a matchmake / quick match there, if you match off the map it doesn't really work as well. I think if someone matchmakes off the actual entry point it gives everyone else the option to teleport to the mission, whereas if everyone map matchs then everyone has to run there and people just don't do that.

I hate the end bosses though, its all just bullet sponges and horde mode waves similar to PoE in destiny. I can't even imagine how insane hard mode level 32 mission/strikes will be.

Twinking a level 14 isn't a bad idea for DZ, especially if you can grind up base points and deck out your entire base. At level 12 I'm 70% done with medical and 20% with the other two. The only thing is though I don't see a lot of new people running into the DZ until they hit 30, so you'd have to set up twink teams and stuff to PVP against similar to wow 19, 29, etc brackets.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Once I managed to connect last night, I had a ton of fun. I grouped up with a buddy of mine and we just ran around doing a handful of missions as they popped up.

I know a lot of people are throwing around different combinations of games to describe the experience... "It's like Borderlands crossed with Gears of War and GTA!"...

For me, the game it reminds me the most of (from a multiplayer gameplay perspective) is actually Army of Two. The Division is very much a strategic cover-based game where flanking, area control, blind-fire, suppression-fire and aggro generation are an integral part of success. That's Army of Two in a nutshell.

When my friend and I were working through a couple missions, we would survey the area before generating aggro. I would stealth around and gain high ground and flank on the core group of enemies. My friend would post-up behind the biggest and best cover, then equip his most ammo-chewing weapon. On my command, he'd open fire drawing aggro. I'd already have a grenade cooked and ready to drop right in the middle of the enemy group, then immediately open fire. The enemies scatter, completely confused by our attack pattern, and then we just pick them off one by one. Fun!