Tomb Raider (2018)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it's a horrible trend to flat chest the bitch, even tho source material says otherwise
51%2BGrQLUwcL._SX370_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Siliconemelons

well... I mean this is the source material so they are being on point... the AJolie ones were sources of the OG Tomb Raider

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

trailer seems to show the whole movie i wouldn't really watch it, closed out after 20 secs
Yeah, that trailer seems to leave little mystery for the plot of the film. It looks like the major plot points loosely align with the reboot though, so not very spoilery if you played it.

Siliconemelons

Yeah, that trailer seems to leave little mystery for the plot of the film. It looks like the major plot points loosely align with the reboot though, so not very spoilery if you played it.

Why not- first 1hr or so of Rise that I have played is better than indiana jones crystal skull - its actually a decent story and been fun.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
That's what I mean - it looks like they did use the game's story, or at least all the major plot points (the finer points seem to be tweaked a bit for the cinema translation).

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah and they mixed up the plot of the two games while doing so.
Shipwreck/stranded on an hightland from the first game, and the whole father's legacy / Trinity from ROTR.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Yeah and they mixed up the plot of the two games while doing so.
Shipwreck/stranded on an hightland from the first game, and the whole father's legacy / Trinity from ROTR.

Well...if you think about it, Trinity is mentioned in Tomb Raider via journals. So, at least it's all connected. I personally dislike that Lara jumps off the boat as opposed to slips and lands in the ocean. Hell, in the game, she literally says, "There are things that push you. To make you continue and leave your mark," or something. Her jumping off makes it seem like she has a ton of courage from the get go which isn't the case in the game.

Siliconemelons

We can't build female characters to start at 1 and grow to 10, they must start at 11.

However I have not played the first reboot, just rise- and even there she is has trepidation even then but is driven by her father's work etc.

So, let's hope they don't really make the girl power to 11, and just let her character be what it is naturally.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
This comes out this weekend and I haven't heard anyone in real life say a word about it. Combine that with this thread being on page 3 two days before release and we've got a real stinker on our hands.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Only review I read was IO9, said it’s a good action movie, not necessary a good Tomb Raider movie.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This comes out this weekend and I haven't heard anyone in real life say a word about it. Combine that with this thread being on page 3 two days before release and we've got a real stinker on our hands.

Advanced ticket sales for this are really bad. Could be the first big budget bomb of the year.

Siliconemelons

I mean... it looks good, but you have to consider the target audience?

Gamer nerds are already "over it" that Croft got a tit reduction- and we have actually liked the new games...

But the movie is a seemingly a direct replay of the new games 1 with some 2 in it... so sure, we wont mind seeing it-- but not going to get up and go in droves - most of us have played it, sure it would be fun watching it...

But... we have to admit...half the fun of "watching" is T&A - this aint no AJolie trouncing around in hot cosplay...

So the STRONG WOMAN! crowed will kinda go see it, but also some of them wont, because its based on TombRaider the OG "BIG TITS = PLAY THIS GAME" trend setter of "modern" games.

This is before the movie itself is judged upon its own merits.

spronk

FPS noob
lol apparently michael fassbender (assassins creed) and alicia vikander (lara croft) are dating, that musta been some great conversations after she finished filming

"fucking video game movies, i'm never doing another one"
"yup"

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user