Tomb Raider (X360/PS3/PC)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My favorite game of 2013. If I actually had a xbone or ps4 I'd probably pick up another copy just to play it again.
Your post made me click Buy on the Amazon page I've had up for quite a while trying to decide if I was going to get it or not. Thanks.
smile.png

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I just finished playing through on PC a few days ago, it was awesome.

I had some trouble (using Nvidia SLI), like I'd run 80FPS until I was shot or otherwise got blood on my screen, then...2FPS. Disabling screen effects and tesselation fixed it right up.

Column_sl

shitlord
reveals that PS4 frame-rates can vary significantly depending on the effects work at play, resulting in variable controller latency and some on-screen judder.
LOL definitive edition, I'll stick with my gaming PC...

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played it last year on my 560gtx and nearly everything was set to max (I think shadows and one other setting was 1 level below max) and had a solid 60+ fps the entire time. On what is really an outdated card. The Xbox one version has no excuse.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I played it last year on my 560gtx and nearly everything was set to max (I think shadows and one other setting was 1 level below max) and had a solid 60+ fps the entire time. On what is really an outdated card. The Xbox one version has no excuse.
on a side note, it's one hell of a (good looking) game.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This was easily in top 3 games of the year for me. The Last of Us was better, but not significantly.

spronk

FPS noob
i enjoyed Tomb Raider but I thought AC4 was a far better game, both are really great though and really fun on the PC (or ps4, xbone). If you already played it once though I don't see why you'd rebuy it on ps4/xbone, the fun was the story and the tomb raiding and fighting, after the first 5 minutes you don't really notice the tiny update in graphics and a second playthrough is gonna be pretty boring.

i wish the fuckers were working on a new tomb raider for the past 6 months instead of tweaking the engine to be better on xbone/ps4, and its pretty lame they didn't just roll out a free pc patch to roll up the changes. I guess it woulda made the console fanbois too mad. still, so far ubisoft is pretty cool in my book for releasing all their games on PC in a pretty good state.

dEADTkZ.jpg

Sean_sl

shitlord
Heh, looks like it may be more than just a framefrate difference between the Xbone and PS4 in this game too. Maybe it's upscaled to 1080p and missing some stuff and people aren't saying anything about it. There's some shit with the lighting too. There's some gifs pointing out some stuff on gaf like these:

ps4.gif

bone.gif

cQCWacC.gif

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thats more than gamma - the textures seem off as well - although I can't put my finger on how - like slightly smudged on some, others are fine though.

Texture on the tide is almost low res in comparison though for example. That's clearly a lower end texture compared to what the PS4 is doing for the water.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah the gamma seems brighter on the Xbox version. Probably some sort of hardware default.
It's definitely not merely a gamma setting. After watching the HD videos from Gamersyde it seems like a totally different Lighting System to me:We reviewed Tomb Raider DE - GamersydeThey say the gamma is different on the capture equipment, but in the videos it looks far more like light sources are working differently. And more than just their captures have the differences.

The FPS difference is painfully obvious too since the PS4 videos are shot at 60 fps and not some youtube garbage.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I like how the graphical qualities 2 480x270 .gif files are being debated.

It all looks like rubbish after playing at 2560x1440 on PC.