Tomb Raider (X360/PS3/PC)

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
For me it showed keys, but at one point I picked up my gamepad and it switched over to xyba stuff.

I failed every quicktime multiple times, some 20+. One in particular was just completely non-obvious. It had a sort of strength test where you had to hammer the key quickly. After trying 20 or 30 times and failing I made a G15 macro to hit it in 5 ms intervals. It still failed.

Eventually I figured out I was just hitting it too fast. I did a really slow hit and got through it.

As for the other actiony sequences where stuff is falling apart and you have to run or sliding down something, I managed to get through one of those the first time through sheer blind luck. The rest I had to do repeatedly. I don't really mind failing at stuff, I died a few times in combat too, but I just don't like the way they are implemented.

I prefer to stay in control of my character at all times.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I think it is a combination of me being terrible, quicktimes being a bad idea in general, and pc specific implementation.

I was thinking that the prompts might be 2D and don't scale with resolution, so they are a lot smaller on a pc where we run 19x12 or higher. I often botched the key hitting F when it said E etc.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Came out Thursday from what my email said - waiting on Gamefly to send it to me though for the PS4 version.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just a FYI that the PS4 version runs at 60fps. Nobody is saying what the XBox One is running at.

Vorph

Nah, I don't think they're bringing the changes over to the PC version and based on what I've seen I wouldn't want them anyway. I'm not a fan of the new model they made, especially the face and the textures used when she gets covered in dirt or blood.

The current PC version is still better than the "definitive edition" anyway. The console version of TressFX is nowhere near as good as the real thing on a high end AMD card, and whatever lighting improvements they've made are still inferior to a good SweetFX preset.

NeoGAF - View Single Post - How much prettier is Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition? [Preview]

Sean_sl

shitlord
The current PC version is still better than the "definitive edition" anyway.
I don't agree with that at all:??<Tomb Raider On PS4 Is More Than On Xbox One

ku-xlarge.gif

ku-xlarge.gif

The extra environmental ambiance absolutely blows away better tree textures and shit for me.

There's a video in the link too showing the difference. Pretty huge, imo.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
My favorite game of 2013. If I actually had a xbone or ps4 I'd probably pick up another copy just to play it again.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I also thought it was a pretty great game. I had been planning on playing it just to oogle at Lara's tits for a bit, but the story and gameplay really sucked me in. One of the few games I actually finished (I almost always get bored before I finish games). Might even pick it up for Xbone to fill the gap between...oh heaven...the next few months of gaming.

Vorph

I don't agree with that at all:??<Tomb Raider On PS4 Is More Than On Xbox One

The extra environmental ambiance absolutely blows away better tree textures and shit for me.

There's a video in the link too showing the difference. Pretty huge, imo.
I won't argue that some things about the new version are better, but you have to admit that other things are worse too--see the GAF link I posted above. Based on what I've seen though, I'd take the PC version on an AMD card with SweetFX and real SSAA (consoles still can only manage post-process AA at 1080p) over the PS4 version.

At the very least, I hope no one with a decent PC actually purchases the 'definitive' version. Charging $60 for a sidegrade (at best) is a disgrace. Rent it if you must, but don't give in to their bullshit.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Can get this with Steam activation from Amazon for $8.99 currently if you haven't picked it up yet.

Vorph

...or $3.99 if you still have a editor's choice coupon (which expire in a few days) from buying games last month. Definitely a good choice to use it on.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I won't argue that some things about the new version are better, but you have to admit that other things are worse too--see the GAF link I posted above. Based on what I've seen though, I'd take the PC version on an AMD card with SweetFX and real SSAA (consoles still can only manage post-process AA at 1080p) over the PS4 version.

At the very least, I hope no one with a decent PC actually purchases the 'definitive' version. Charging $60 for a sidegrade (at best) is a disgrace. Rent it if you must, but don't give in to their bullshit.
Yeah, I'll just take better environmental stuff and little touches like the extra physics and animations over extra AA any day. There's really no contest there for me. Sure, some of the PC stuff looks better in screen shots, but when actually playing through a game with extra ambiance stuff it's just a way better experience.

I'll definitely play it again if it hits PS+. No reason to buy it twice though.

Vorph

I'm curious, have you ever used SweetFX?

Edit: It doesn't begin to do it justice compared to the game in motion, but there's a screenshot I posted back a page that shows what the game looked like on my PC.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I have a code for a free copy of the Xbox 360 version of this game.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I'm curious, have you ever used SweetFX?

Edit: It doesn't begin to do it justice compared to the game in motion, but there's a screenshot I posted back a page that shows what the game looked like on my PC.
On a couple games, yeah. I've used settings that you've posted before.

Environmental shit is just *way* more "immersive" to me than making shit prettier.