Tool might eventually release a new album someday

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tool is a band for which I gave up trying to say a certain song was my favorite. Didn't matter which I picked, I'd hear another and feel the same amount of love for it. With the new album I am just hoping for a few songs that capture my attention like so many of their other songs do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Me when I saw that Aenima passed a drake album to take the number one album sales spot.

C2C08A56-AFE6-4E32-9BDB-DFE849C2BD56.gif

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think it's "sales" is it? Aren't they talking about streams?

• 1Solidarity

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The first time I really heard Tool was after downloading Lateralus after my Quake buddies were talking on IRC about it being released, and I was blown away from the first notes of The Grudge. I listened to the album on repeat for weeks.

To this day I have not found a song as perfect as Schism

How shocked would you be if I told you "Eulogy" is that song for me? Lol

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
First time I heard Tool was on a radio ad promoting Aenima. It included snippets of Stinkfist. Teenager me was like "woah ... that sounds so cool."

Of course, nothing beats the shock of buying the CD, opening it, and the first thing you see is a picture of a dude sucking his own cock. You better believe I had to hide that shit from my Mormon parents. Then you could do this with the CD ...

Internet wasn't as full of information back then, so you had to wonder what kind of degenerates these fellas were. It was refreshing to learn that they like their satire and comedy.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Not really digging the vocals and I feel like I've heard this song before with how similar it is to some of their previous work when it comes to the rest. Still a good song, but not as good as I was hoping.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not a bad song, felt it lacked energy. Certainly didn't seem like a 10min song though.

Edit: It has definitely gotten better from listening a few more times, and still never feels like 10min.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That sounds like tool and there's nothing wrong with that. You can't judge a Tool song from one listen but the guitar and bass were on point. Can't comment on the vocals until I hear it enough to understand the lyrics. It didn't grab me like "Vicarious" did when they used it as the preview for 10,000 Days but then Tool songs aren't really supposed to grab you.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Tool songs aren't really supposed to grab you.

Wat? I mean I guess they aren't always supposed to grab you in the first 1-3 minutes, but there's always a few points that really grab ya and get those "Toolgasms" going. This song, tho, had none for me on my first listen...

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I like it but wasn’t crazy about vocals. Sounds similar to some lateralus songs. Opiate, Undertow, and Aenima were love at first listen but lateralus and 10k days took me months and multiple listens to fully start to appreciate. Also getting to know the lyrics usually makes me appreciate the song more.