Tool might eventually release a new album someday

iannis

Musty Nester
even their heroes King Crimson just finally put their albums on streaming services as of a few weeks ago. and they were one of the last huge holdouts, Fripp says they're one of the rare bands that has actually had their income from physical sales increase over the last decade, so they've avoided it til now.

Yeah, I can see how that makes sense for a band like King Crimson.

Fans of King Crimson want the actual object. It's as much about letting everyone know how smart you are listening to king crimson as it is about the music. Well, it's more about the music. But showing off is undeniably part of it too. Fripp is his own thing. I still have a couple of his "league of crafty guitarists" albums. And some of his songs are pretty damn good on them, too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I've been trying to decide whether to buy the new Tool CD as physical media. That last one was very cool but I just can't imagine what I would do with a physical disk now. I would have to find some software to rip it. Haven't done that in like 10 years.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I've been trying to decide whether to buy the new Tool CD as physical media. That last one was very cool but I just can't imagine what I would do with a physical disk now. I would have to find some software to rip it. Haven't done that in like 10 years.

If you order via their site some bands have provided access to high quality digital formats along with the physical media. Not sure how open Tool is to that.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Grab the vinyl.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I haven't bought a physical album is so long. I'm all digital. I hate owning physical stuff.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Maynard was on Rogans podcast today as well.

Not sure if Maynard and Joe were trolling or what. Maynard mentioned the new album like 5 times, each time Joe would immediately switch topics to fucking elk or dmt or whatever, never got into the new album at all. I mean, god damn.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Damn, been more than 10 years easily since I heard Lateralus. So glad they finally got their shit together.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The first time I really heard Tool was after downloading Lateralus after my Quake buddies were talking on IRC about it being released, and I was blown away from the first notes of The Grudge. I listened to the album on repeat for weeks.

To this day I have not found a song as perfect as Schism

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My first time was in the 90s when their video came out for their first album on MTV, yeah back when MTV still did the video thing. I was into more hardcore music at the time, megadeth, pantera, slayer, sepultura, but this shit was good.

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The first time I really heard Tool was after downloading Lateralus after my Quake buddies were talking on IRC about it being released, and I was blown away from the first notes of The Grudge. I listened to the album on repeat for weeks.

To this day I have not found a song as perfect as Schism

I'm more of a Lateralus guy if we're talking about that album. That is quintessential Tool.

• 2Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I'm more of a Lateralus guy if we're talking about that album. That is quintessential Tool.

Lateralus was really great but I was introduced with Undertow and still think Aenima is probably my favorite.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Been into Tool since 2000 at the age of 14, was hardcore enough to buy Lateralus the day it came out, was in Tool Army and the whole shebang lol. Now I'm more of a casual fan (so many other good bands in the world, Tool fans!) but I'm definitely still looking forward to the new album.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
10,000 Days took a few repeats to grow on me, but has some of my top songs for them now. Jambi, The Pot, 10,000 Days, Rosetta, Right in Two.

Very much looking forward to this new release!

• 2Solidarity