Tool might eventually release a new album someday

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm listening, but the first song has no guts at all. It wants to be awesome, but it isn't. It sounds like EVERY OTHER TOOL SONG WHICH IS WHY I DISLIKE TOOL. I will never get the irrational love for TOOL.

TOOL started off amazing and they pissed out. It continues to this day.

Maynard should have stuck to Filter.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Guitar and Bass dont have any memorable riffs.

While this album is definitely the Danny Carey show and it doesn't have any openers that blow your doors off quite like Schism or Forty Six & 2, the opening riffs on Pneuma and 7empest are pretty badass.

I think this biggest thing that makes this album a "disappointment" for me, if you will, is knowing that this is probably the last Tool album we'll ever get and this is what they went out on.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've only listened to it once. It's probably Tool's most technical album. Going to take a while to digest this one. Danny Carey's best work. He's ridiculous on this one.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
7empest maybe the best song I’ve heard since early 2000’s.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I take everything I said back. It all just clicked this latest playthrough. What a brilliant album. Their message with this one is fuckin cool.

One thing that I love Tool for is how their songs can clear the mind and help folks get past hard shit in their lives.
That's a connection to the audience that others wish they could reproduce.
Furthermore, they open your mind up greatly.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sat down on my balcony last night with a cup of coffee and a joint. Put on my good headphones on and gave the album a listen for the fourth or fifth time. Just closed my eyes and really listened and spent a lot of time trying to count out drum rhythms and stuff. Man the album rocked me the way tool used to when I was in high school. It bums me out to read all you guys not enjoying the album so much. But the more I listen the more I’m digging it. If I listen to it casually it doesn’t grab me. But when I give myself the time to really dive into it...totally different experience.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
As probably expected, new tour starting in Denver October 10th.

Tool

Any Tool Army members? Anyone able to help me with presale for Phoenix?

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
It probably says more about where I am musically right now but I finally got a chance to listen to this tonight on a 1.5 hr drive. I thought it was decent but decided about halfway through the drive I’d rather just put on some Allman Brothers.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
As probably expected, new tour starting in Denver October 10th.

Tool

Any Tool Army members? Anyone able to help me with presale for Phoenix?

i think i can still use my Tool Army account from ages ago, but i forgot the password and the password to the email associated with it heh. but i'm currently in the process of regaining access to that Hotmail account, think i should get back in via customer service. i'll let you know if i do.

• 1Solidarity

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
i think i can still use my Tool Army account from ages ago, but i forgot the password and the password to the email associated with it heh. but i'm currently in the process of regaining access to that Hotmail account, think i should get back in via customer service. i'll let you know if i do.

Thanks man! Pre sale is this Wednesday, 09/04, no pressure but if you’re going to do it, it would need to be soon 😂 I don’t pressure people for favors, so no sweat if you don’t get it.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I have to say, the album is growing on me.

Still like the title track, Pneuma is really interesting to me and of course current consensus favorite which seems to be 7empest.

• 1Like

Del

Vyemm Raider
image.png.a1f297f632c4a5d0d419840ad0739c31.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks man! Pre sale is this Wednesday, 09/04, no pressure but if you’re going to do it, it would need to be soon 😂 I don’t pressure people for favors, so no sweat if you don’t get it.

Yeah who knows if customer service will get back to me quick enough, the ball is in their court now. I filled out as much as I could in their automated recovery thing for long lost dead accounts.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah who knows if customer service will get back to me quick enough, the ball is in their court now. I filled out as much as I could in their automated recovery thing for long lost dead accounts.

I signed up, so no worries.

Are you going to go to any shows?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The thing I find with music theory is the more I learn, the more trapped I feel. I wish I had never learned theory.

What the fuck is music theory?

Is it code for butt play w/ the wife?

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Man I looked at tickets, they’re playing 20 minutes from me. They START at $200. I’m not that dedicated, and can’t remember half the shows I’ve went to to be spending that for a couple hours. Maybe if I could eat some shrooms or something and make a night of it, but I’m too old for that shit anymore.

Listened to the album a couple more times, it still hasn’t grown on me. The music is great, he just never goes anywhere with the vocals. There’s so many points where it sounds like they were creating a build up for him to do the classic Tool pissed-off vocals out of nowhere and it just never happens. It just makes me go listen to older stuff.

• 1Solidarity

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
It hasnt grown on you because its a hollow soulless cash grab.

Maynard is rich and they are all old.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard

Needless

Toe Sucker
I definitely think it got better after a few listens but i mostly have the same feeling as Hateyou. I'd rather just turn on AEnima or any other album after listening to the first few tracks

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Man I looked at tickets, they’re playing 20 minutes from me. They START at $200. I’m not that dedicated, and can’t remember half the shows I’ve went to to be spending that for a couple hours. Maybe if I could eat some shrooms or something and make a night of it, but I’m too old for that shit anymore.

Listened to the album a couple more times, it still hasn’t grown on me. The music is great, he just never goes anywhere with the vocals. There’s so many points where it sounds like they were creating a build up for him to do the classic Tool pissed-off vocals out of nowhere and it just never happens. It just makes me go listen to older stuff.

So you may or may not know this, but tickets aren't even being sold yet. What you're looking at are speculators ie. bots that will buy the tickets at face when they go on sale and then mark them way up. Usually when you see those sites they have some fine print that says you'll be in or around this area, they don't actually have the tickets yet.

The pre-sale is tomorrow and tickets go on public sale Friday. So if you can manage to get them on Ticketmaster at face, they probably won't be as expensive. For other shows I've seen GAs at face for like $65 that end up being sold aftermarket for like $200-300 etc.

I don't actually know what ticket prices will be for this tour, shit has gotten way out of hand, but buying from Stubhub or Vivid or any other number of bullshit ticket sellers isn't the way to go. Check Ticketmaster, try and get in on a presale, test your luck, and if that fails, go to the venue day of and see what you can get for face or from people dumping the shit that didn't sell.

Or stay home and masturbate. Both are fine choices.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Nah my concert budget for the fall is being spent on King Crimson tickets, roughly the same price so yeah haha.

• 1Like