Tool might eventually release a new album someday

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I remember reading something about Maynard not wanting Tool albums on streaming music sites because they were meant to be listened to as a whole rather than as individual songs and blah blah blah integrity of the music etc.
They show up on Pandora though. Weird.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's probably Adam Jones more than Maynard honestly. He's big into the visual appeal of album packaging. He's old school enough where he remembers sitting down with a big record sleeve. I get it.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's probably Adam Jones more than Maynard honestly. He's big into the visual appeal of album packaging. He's old school enough where he remembers sitting down with a big record sleeve. I get it.
This makes more sense than anything else I've heard/read. All Maynard's side projects are on Spotify and others.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, I think they played that at the show I went to as well. I think it's just an extended jam thing.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Well Adam did say in one of the like 15 interviews he has done on the lawsuit and new album lately that they have been jamming some new material/ideas in between songs while touring. Not saying that video is a jam from the new album, but chances are if you have seen them recently you have heard snippets of stuff that will eventually morph into the new album.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
haha, that Rollingstone article has some wonderful Claypool quotes. And that's awesome that they're putting out a new album with him involved again. The last one was kind of meh, whether that had to do with his absence or not I have no idea.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Maynard pls stop being a fgt and let spotify/rdio stream Tool albums ;(
His excuse makes no sense consideringbajillionsof radio stations play Tool

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Maynard is becoming close to moving into Morrissey territory for me. Someone whom I love their music, but they annoy the piss out of the as a person.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
haha, that Rollingstone article has some wonderful Claypool quotes. And that's awesome that they're putting out a new album with him involved again. The last one was kind of meh, whether that had to do with his absence or not I have no idea.
I enjoyed Green Naugahyde a hell of a lot more than Pork Soda and Tales from the Punchbowl. Those albums have some good tunes, but they are pretty awful overall.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Pretty much all artists hate spotify. They have some sort of early deal where basically people can listen to your music all they want and the artist gets pretty much nothing. It's not analogous to radio because you get to pick what you listen to.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I enjoyed Green Naugahyde a hell of a lot more than Pork Soda and Tales from the Punchbowl. Those albums have some good tunes, but they are pretty awful overall.
I'd agree on Tales from the Punchbowl for sure, but Pork Soda is fucking awesome and you should feel bad. Then again, I find that Primus albums tend to grow on me over time, so perhaps Green will redeem itself in time.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'd agree on Tales from the Punchbowl for sure, but Pork Soda is fucking awesome and you should feel bad. Then again, I find that Primus albums tend to grow on me over time, so perhaps Green will redeem itself in time.
Yeah, I don't know what he's talking about. Pork Soda was amazing. Much better recording quality/master than fizzle fry/seas of cheese too.