Top Gun: Maverick (2020)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Cruise apparently in some interview stated that everything in the trailer is real flights and not CGI'd. Obviously some of the really cool shots like him taking off the aircraft carrier that's him in the backseat and shit, but he said for the other pilot actors in the movie they had to find people who could physically take up to 8 G's that I guess they did at times.

it looks too real 2 me!
giphy.gif

fuck this game rental!!!

• 6Worf
  • 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 12 users

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
You guys should try the new ace combat with the VR missions. granted, there's only three of them, but its the closest i'll probably ever come to blasting off the deck of a carrier

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Watch that Conan interview up above if you haven't already. Cruise is so passionate about his craft, Aviation as well, and you just know he's putting in 110% again, as usual.

That interview makes me more hyped to see the movie than the trailer. He's his own best advertisement, the real deal, a genuine Hollywood rock star.
yeah, dude puts in the effort and then some. though i also think he gets off on bragging about how close he comes to killing himself with his stunts.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, dude puts in the effort and then some. though i also think he gets off on bragging about how close he comes to killing himself with his stunts.

I've seen some interviews with Henry Cavill about the most recent Mission Impossible movie, he was pretty much gushing how much work Cruise put in (him too). Talking about the helicopter scene and how the one bathroom fight scene they took a full 3 days to film. I had no idea it was actually Cruise flying the helicopter in those scenes until I saw that interview.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I've seen some interviews with Henry Cavill about the most recent Mission Impossible movie, he was pretty much gushing how much work Cruise put in (him too). Talking about the helicopter scene and how the one bathroom fight scene they took a full 3 days to film. I had no idea it was actually Cruise flying the helicopter in those scenes until I saw that interview.

He really is a badass. My favorite is the scene where he climbs up the rope into the helicopter. It's 100% real. He of course was wearing a "safety wire" that got painted out, but he was absolutely climbing up a rope that was attached to a flying helicopter.

In the trailer for Top Gun: Maverick, there's a scene where Tom is being launched in his plane off a carrier. You can see the G forces act on him, and how there's two different places he gets thumped hard. 100% real. It's just awesome. Compare that to Brie Larson flying an airplane in Captain Marvel.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Siliconemelons

Cruise does this stuff, and that waynes brother ruins a great show because "he was scared" during some stunts "because of a crazy white guy"

This how great movies would be now if everyone as crazy as tom!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

He really is a badass. My favorite is the scene where he climbs up the rope into the helicopter. It's 100% real. He of course was wearing a "safety wire" that got painted out, but he was absolutely climbing up a rope that was attached to a flying helicopter.

In the trailer for Top Gun: Maverick, there's a scene where Tom is being launched in his plane off a carrier. You can see the G forces act on him, and how there's two different places he gets thumped hard. 100% real. It's just awesome. Compare that to Brie Larson flying an airplane in Captain Marvel.

He's obviously sitting in the back of a 2 seater, but yeah it's definitely him feeling the G's. Compared to Brie Larson? You mean compared to any other actor period. Nobody else goes as far as Cruise does really.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He's obviously sitting in the back of a 2 seater, but yeah it's definitely him feeling the G's. Compared to Brie Larson? You mean compared to any other actor period. Nobody else goes as far as Cruise does really.
You have my blessing to call Tom Cruise, Jacky Chan Lite

• 1WTF

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
it looks too real 2 me!
giphy.gif

fuck this game rental!!!

The landing directions are literally useless, they don’t correspond to anything. I just found that out like a year ago, all in all that game was pure shovel-ware

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
The landing directions are literally useless, they don’t correspond to anything. I just found that out like a year ago, all in all that game was pure shovel-ware

Could say that about most NES games really. Also if you've never seen it everyone needs to watch the Angry Nintendo Nerd episode with the Power Glove. The part with this game is A++.

• 1Solidarity

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Could say that about most NES games really. Also if you've never seen it everyone needs to watch the Angry Nintendo Nerd episode with the Power Glove. The part with this game is A++.

• 1Like