Top Gun: Maverick (2020)

Fadaar

That guy
kinda funny that goose's wife was a nobody when she was cast and ended up having a huge career

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

If her character was in this story - I am sure another acress would be cast - not just "lulz she is old" but she needs to be instantly recognizable as the character - and yes, lulz she is old, she does not "look" like her character.

The same way it is VERY doubtful Capt Janeway (Admiral) is going to show up in Picard - yet Data, Riker and 7of9 are going to...they are all very much still very recognizable as the character.

She was Generic_Blond_Love_interest_03 for TopGun and if the character is in the new one- she needs to be essentially, the same - Generic_Blond_Love_interest_03+addtl_param:MILF

the janeway example is not 1:1 but close - look at her in orange is the new black and it takes you a bit to realize and recognizer her.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Kathleen Turner was "hot" for one reason, she didnt mind doing the nude scenes. here you have some gorgeous ice queen who thinks her titties are too important to be shown and then you have this butterface who has a nice body and willing to show all her goods to you. basically Starship Troopers chicks comparison. you expected Denise Richards nekkid but all you got was Dina Meyer. you still got some nice titties, but you only remember those tities and not the chick behind them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I never said anything about who was or wasnt hot. I just said that look was big in the 80s

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Turner's voice did it for me. Especially in VI Warshawski.

• 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Someone better be working on Hot Shots 3

• 1Solidarity

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
It honestly looks awesome. Not one cringey thing in any of the trailers (gay yes, the topless volleyball scene but you know they had to do it), the action looks insane, we know its all legitimate flying. This looks like yet another fucking awesome tom cruise movie.

Someone made a comment in another thread (terminator) that if your name isn't stallone you shouldn't be making these kinds of movies... add cruise to that list, because this is going to be excellent!

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Goose's son.

Untitled.jpg

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
i don't know if that's ACTUALLY goose's son... but as soon as they showed him i was like... that... looks just like goose.

According to USA Today, fans will meet new characters played by Miles Teller, Glen Powell, and monica Barbaro. Teller will star as Lt. Bradley Bradshaw, the son of Mitchell’s deceased friend, Nick “Goose” Bradshaw.

Bradley Bradshaw is the son of Nick "Goose" Bradshaw and Carole Bradshaw. He is about 4 years old when his father died.
He sat with his father as he sang "Great Balls of Fire" by Jerry Lee Lewis.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It honestly looks awesome. Not one cringey thing in any of the trailers (gay yes, the topless volleyball scene but you know they had to do it), the action looks insane, we know its all legitimate flying. This looks like yet another fucking awesome tom cruise movie.

Someone made a comment in another thread (terminator) that if your name isn't stallone you shouldn't be making these kinds of movies... add cruise to that list, because this is going to be excellent!
it was me, but i meant in your 60s you shouldnt be doing action reboots. Tom Cruise is 57. lets see what shape he's still in in 3 years.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If this movie doesn't do a ton of fucking money, I will be shocked. The trailers so far are all you could ever hope for from a Top Gun sequel.

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought I had a bunch of posts in this thread, but not seeing them anymore (edit: I remember now that there was a Top Gun thread before this was officially announced).

Anyway, that last scene in the trailer is the one I talked about where they built that little shack. It's probably a few hundred feet from where I work, and they closed the road to our building for the scene. Pretty regularly planes will fly over as I'm driving there to land. It's always fun to see.

They actually flew that low. I had left early when they closed the road because I would've been stuck there for a while, but my wife stayed to watch and said it was scary how low they were flying.

It also looks like they CGI'd the F/A-18 into an SR-71 for the scene. I mentioned the day I went on set where they had built a giant SR-71 out of wood in the hangar.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Dunno what that was, but it wasn't an SR-71...looks like some future-tech fighter they made for the film.

• 1Solidarity