Top Gun: Maverick (2020)

Siliconemelons

The power glove is still actually a great VR accessory and was way ahead of its time - I watched some documentary about its history and it really is crazy the technology that it holds for its age.

Yet indeed "how it worked" with the NES and games was...crap

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The power glove is still actually a great VR accessory and was way ahead of its time - I watched some documentary about its history and it really is crazy the technology that it holds for its age.

Yet indeed "how it worked" with the NES and games was...crap

Is there any game it works well for?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The landing directions are literally useless, they don’t correspond to anything. I just found that out like a year ago, all in all that game was pure shovel-ware

I've known since I was a kid when Top Gun was one of the few NES games I actually owned, and after hundreds of hours of banging my head against it, I finally figured out how to land on it and subsequently went on to beat the game. There's also a refueling sequence in the next level (and maybe every level other than the first?) that's a pain but nowhere near as bad as the carrier.

Nintendo basically rubber stamped anybody who wanted to release something for the NES. The SNES is when they first started a more rigorous submission/certification process, due to how much utter garbage was on the NES.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think you guys took the landing instructions the wrong way. they were only meant to be suggestions and they were valid for the most part. the only instructions which i ignored were the SPEED UP! warning. its been 30 years, but i remember coming in slow as fuck and almost never crashing.the refuelling one is a bigger pain in the ass IMO.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Nintendo basically rubber stamped anybody who wanted to release something for the NES. The SNES is when they first started a more rigorous submission/certification process, due to how much utter garbage was on the NES.

I know this is unrelated, but with regards to the SNES.. I still think Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is the single best video game ever made. It's just a perfect game.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I know this is unrelated, but with regards to the SNES.. I still think Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is the single best video game ever made. It's just a perfect game.

Not to derail...but 100 percent correct.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

While I wouldn't rank it quite that high, you should check out some of the crazy randomizer versions people still play for it on Twitch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Pretty sure even Cruise himself admits he does some of these movies just to try out new stunts he wants to do, and we get to go along for the ride.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maverick I'm guessing noped that idea from the start

Why would you think that?

1564352763032.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I feel ancient as fuck now. She was so hot in topgun

I hate to argue, but, I just watched this. She was OK. Like nice normal body. But something about her face. She's not a dog, but she's not beautiful by any means (according to what I find beautiful.). Almost any female lead from any show/movie is infinitely more beautiful.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users