Top Gun: Maverick (2020)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tom Cruise's best movie was Collateral. Fight me.

Collateral

(If not the best, one of them. I loved seeing him be a bad guy for once. Top Gun, MI and a Few Good Men dominate, so did Interview with the Vampire).

Color of Money, Edge of Tomorrow...shit sleeper for me was American Made.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
Edge of Tomorrow was great, thought EB and TC had great chemistry, and I'm a sucker for Emily Blunt anyway. Also really liked Oblivion, the ending was so bitter-sweet.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I really dont think anyone else out there comes close to Tom Cruise in terms of consistency of quality. Dude has been in a lot of big movies and very few have been genuinely bad. Im thinking MI2 has probably been his worst?

Only other people that come close are maybe Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Tom Cruise's best movie was Collateral. Fight me.

Collateral

(If not the best, one of them. I loved seeing him be a bad guy for once. Top Gun, MI and a Few Good Men dominate, so did Interview with the Vampire).
It was decent, but I still LOVE Edge of Tomorrow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I will believe in any Tom Cruise movie. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. When he made his old ass midget self believable and fun to watch in Jack Reacher and those movies were actually pretty damn good he made me believe he can make anything good.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Man what happened to Olga Karylonko or whatever?

She hooked up with the fat old scummy guy who was the vampire leader in 30 days of night because I think he’s well connect d. Then he fucked her into a gross mess and her career was over

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
That bitch made my pee pee go doing in the Hitman movie. Awful actress and in today’s metoo world she’s an enemy of the fat dykes that now are arbiters of all content

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users
I'm not even a big fan if his type of movie (like them! just not my fave type), but like Big Phoenix said it blinding obvious he has mastered his craft.

I think the only time I winced really hard was Eyes Wide Shut.

Oh, btw, don't forget The Firm. He got to act with Gene Hackman.

Now, Gene Hackman.... is a whole other level.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Eyes wide shut was his swing at being what he wasnt. Tom Cruise doesnt belong in Kubrick films. I dont blmae him for wanting to try, its an actors dream. But that movie is 1000 times better with Gary Oldman in that role.

• 3Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I watched Top Gun yesterday while doing some reports. It was still awesome.

• 3Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's a shame Tom never got to play Lestat again. He was amazing in Interview with a Vampire. I remember at the time people complaining that he was cast for the role. He proved all of them wrong. Pitt did an amazing job as Louis also.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
what holds up better....top gun or days of thunder?
giphy.gif

• 3Like