Top Gun: Maverick (2020)

Argarth

On the verandah
June 2020 seems like an eternity away. I'm old enough that the years already seem to fly by waaay too quick... still can't wait, damnit!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
This looks really good. At least some of the flying scenes.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

This looks fucking insane. GOD DAMN this is going to be great. Thank god for Tom Cruise, man his movies are always just fucking top notch and so amazing to watch.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dunno what that was, but it wasn't an SR-71...looks like some future-tech fighter they made for the film.
I just kind of assumed it was because I know there's an SR-71 on set. It definitely could've been something else.

And yeah, that flying video is fucking cool stuff. I'd love to see a making of, but it's pretty unlikely just because of the sensitivity of where they filmed. I'm honestly surprised they had the shot of the crew on that low flyby.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My body is so ready for this movie I had forgot the ending of the movie. I was too busy doing high fives I never could finish the end. The last 10 seconds of this video leads to maverick

Last edited:
Some people do not like Tom Cruise. My brother, formter Marine, hates him, thinks he is a pussy etc. I always offer two defenses, and I am not a Cruise fanboy, just respect how he does his business.

1) Hate it or love it, Cruise has been a top tier Hollywood star foir a reason. He is no Nicholson or Hackman, but he does what he does textbook. The camera loves his face, and he has a bag of face expression tricks that are signature. Talent and skill? check.

2) I hear he always wants to do as many stunts as he can, he wants stunts to be as real as possible. And he is a stickler for learning about the "action technology" the film is about. IOW, I bet he has forced himself to learn about basic avionics. Determination? Check.

I like people who do a good job even if they are weirdos otherwise. Kind of why I still refuse to cancel Michael Jackson.

• 4Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 4 users

nu_11

Kind of why I still refuse to cancel Michael Jackson.
tenor.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
2) I hear he always wants to do as many stunts as he can, he wants stunts to be as real as possible. And he is a stickler for learning about the "action technology" the film is about. IOW, I bet he has forced himself to learn about basic avionics. Determination? Check.

Basic avionics? BRO! Did you see the last Mission Impossible? He was flying the helicopter for real!

• 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Like everything this year...this movie has been delayed into December.

!@#% you Corona

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Some people do not like Tom Cruise. My brother, formter Marine, hates him, thinks he is a pussy etc. I always offer two defenses, and I am not a Cruise fanboy, just respect how he does his business.

Pussys dont leap from high rise to high rise.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Pfft, if Fast and the Furious can do it with cars, than ANYONE can do it! (I'm kidding, Tom Cruise is the shit.)

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Tom is the last of the American megastar, whose magnetism and enthusiasm make the movie no matter what it is about.

Your a dick sucking commie faggot if you don't like him.

• 6Great Review
  • 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It appeared to be around 50-60 feet above the people watching. Around the height of a telephone pole.

I wonder how fast he was flying?

EDIT: After watching that, i found this on Youtube. It's so low that it doesn't even appear real. Who knows, it might be, but it LOOKS fake.

Last edited:
  • 1Like