Top Gun: Maverick (2020)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
It appeared to be around 50-60 feet above the people watching. Around the height of a telephone pole.

I wonder how fast he was flying?

EDIT: After watching that, i found this on Youtube. It's so low that it doesn't even appear real. Who knows, it might be, but it LOOKS fake.

It looks like it burnt the grass behind it?? God dman that's insane. Imagine if he smoked one of those people LOL

Pops

Saw a link in the comments of the flyby from the pilot's POV.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, that really changed my thought of that video being fake.

Wow, pure lunacy. That guy's crazy. Seeing the one person run away from the plane was... wow.

iannis

Musty Nester
Tom cruise, so probably not.

Yes avoided the stink so far. It would be odd if this movie is the one that his support network finally caved on.

Top gun was his first big movie. I like legend more, but legend did not cement him as a movie star.

It would be fitting of he made one more after this and retired. He wont, but it would be fitting. I don't know how jaded he is, but it would be very jaded indeed for this movie to not carry personal significance.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Tom cruise, so probably not.

Yes avoided the stink so far. It would be odd if this movie is the one that his support network finally caved on.

Top gun was his first big movie. I like legend more, but legend did not cement him as a movie star.

It would be fitting of he made one more after this and retired. He wont, but it would be fitting. I don't know how jaded he is, but it would be very jaded indeed for this movie to not carry personal significance.

Forgive me, what do you mean about jaded? Or his network fading? Is this from recent events or what?

iannis

Musty Nester
Forgive me, what do you mean about jaded? Or his network fading? Is this from recent events or what?

I mean him personally. I know tom cruise is weird, but I dunno exactly how weird. Like does he just not give a shit about Top Gun? It's hard to imagine he'd be all like "yeah, that was good money, but it was just another job". Since it was his breakout movie I would think he'd be sentimental about it.

And cruise is as good as he is in part because he's got a support network around him that protects him. Chooses good scripts, treats him like a prince, you know. Scientologsts, but they actually know their business. That network will eventually fade. But it might not fade until they all decide to retire. They have protected cruise from the pop culture insanity of the past 5 years. At least his public face, which is the important one and basically their job.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think he's gonna be a mega try hard about this because it's the "but he was the man in Top Gun" thing he has going for him.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I have absolutely no doubt this will be awesome. Honestly Cruise hasn’t put out a turd in a very long time. Maybe the mummy movie??

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Maybe the mummy movie??
I haven't seen that. I remember reading how bad the movie was, so never cared to see it. I realize the movie itself that was a steaming pile, but was Tom himself actually bad in it? Like... bad acting? Or just a terrible script and such?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
I haven't seen that. I remember reading how bad the movie was, so never cared to see it. I realize the movie itself that was a steaming pile, but was Tom himself actually bad in it? Like... bad acting? Or just a terrible script and such?

Fuck what the critics have to say. I've watched it twice, and enjoyed it both times. Cruise could carry almost any movie, and this isn't even a "terrible" movie by any stretch.

Sour grapes is all imo. Now that you've reminded me, think I'll go and watch it again. Thanks!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I have absolutely no doubt this will be awesome. Honestly Cruise hasn’t put out a turd in a very long time. Maybe the mummy movie??

That was entirely Universal fault. Major studio interference they rewrote the script 10 times and then jammed Cruise into the movie when it wasn't even written for him. "Well put Tom cruise on it, cuz we're universal BITCH".

One of the other storylines in the Mummy was also pulled out of their ass as well. There's a whole cut of movie slapped on. It ended up being a headless chicken and the end of the "Dark Universe" franchise they were trying to launch.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Big problems before Cruise was even attached. They hacked it to ribbons and then Universal and Tom kept making changes since they brought him on. Universal wanted more "vehicle" for future movies, and Tom wanted more "movie".

Universal ended up shooting themselves in the foot. They got NO MOVIE, and they got NO VEHICLE. Universal should have never tried to add vehicle for the Dark Universe and it might have been OK.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The Dark Universe being made into big budget films was idiotic. They needed to focus on smaller films like the excellent 'The Invisible Man'.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Good point, the budget-questing, or whatever it's called of "super-sizing" the Dark-edgy-Universe left everyone scratching their heads.

"Hey take a long walk over to those IPs face down in that bog over yonder buried underneath the fucking studio-- let's give them a few hundred million I bet people are dying to see these stale stinky characters in IMAX 3D.

Superbowl Trailer sez, "June 2020." Sigh. Tom should just release it for free worldwide streaming. A gift to humanity. I think a lot of us would be a lot better off if we could download the film for free, let Tom and the CoS eat the friggin costs if they want to save the goddam world so bad.

46v25v.jpg

• 1Picard
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That was never going to happen and you know it. When they invest all that money into a film and spend years planning it and everything, there's a 0% chance they're just going to throw their hands up and give it away instead of earning the money back again.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No chance it goes direct to consumer. This is a big theater blockbuster meant to be seen on the big screen.

They'll hold it as many years as necessary. A big theater movie isn't going to video on demand.

• 2Like

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Tom Cruise's best movie was Collateral. Fight me.

Collateral

(If not the best, one of them. I loved seeing him be a bad guy for once. Top Gun, MI and a Few Good Men dominate, so did Interview with the Vampire).

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users