Torrents

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The one thing that I can't get working properly, is auto unzipping shows after they have been downloaded. It is nice for Sonarr to download it automatically for me, but to have to go in and unzip it before it automatically gets pulled into the proper folder sucks.

Deluge seemed to be trying to do it, but it never works for me. I had used an application called ExtractNow that seemed to work for a while, then something got fucked up somewhere and it would keep extracting over and over again within the folder. I couldn't get it fixed so I ditched it.

So is there an easy way to do that? Cause I feel like I am missing a huge part of the automation here.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The one thing that I can't get working properly, is auto unzipping shows after they have been downloaded. It is nice for Sonarr to download it automatically for me, but to have to go in and unzip it before it automatically gets pulled into the proper folder sucks.

Deluge seemed to be trying to do it, but it never works for me. I had used an application called ExtractNow that seemed to work for a while, then something got fucked up somewhere and it would keep extracting over and over again within the folder. I couldn't get it fixed so I ditched it.

So is there an easy way to do that? Cause I feel like I am missing a huge part of the automation here.
That's why I hate that IPT does almost everything as rars. It made sense if you were downloading shit via newsgroups, but there is no reason I can think of for torrents to be in archives. Thank fucking god BTN only uses a single file for all their shows.

Yes, I know, I'm so lucky to have BTN. Thing is, only a couple people took me up on my offer when I finally made it to unlimited invites a couple years ago, right before they hit their user limit and took it all away a month later. The post is probably still in this thread even. I never understood why more people didn't jump at it just to have it as a backup. It isn't like you even have to keep a certain ratio, you just have to seed for enough time, so there wasn't even any "work" to be put into keeping your account in good standing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
That's why I hate that IPT does almost everything as rars. It made sense if you were downloading shit via newsgroups, but there is no reason I can think of for torrents to be in archives. Thank fucking god BTN only uses a single file for all their shows.

Yes, I know, I'm so lucky to have BTN. Thing is, only a couple people took me up on my offer when I finally made it to unlimited invites a couple years ago, right before they hit their user limit and took it all away a month later. The post is probably still in this thread even. I never understood why more people didn't jump at it just to have it as a backup. It isn't like you even have to keep a certain ratio, you just have to seed for enough time, so there wasn't even any "work" to be put into keeping your account in good standing.
is BTN currently open? I just responded to a recruiting thread on one of my other trackers and I'm waiting to hear back, sounded like it is, unless it's only available to certain membership levels.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
a_skeleton_03 has hooked me up
The issue I ran into, being with Comcast, is that between downloading the shows, and then having to maintain like 200 seeds, my 1 TB data cap was being exceeded every month.

Ended up turning off IPT, and sticking with my usenets.

• 1Solidarity

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
is BTN currently open? I just responded to a recruiting thread on one of my other trackers and I'm waiting to hear back, sounded like it is, unless it's only available to certain membership levels.
It's not open that I can see. The user number is just under the maximum users, so I don't really see that they'd be opening it up.

I can, supposedly, buy an invite for 20,000 lumens, which is their alternate currency. Right now if I convert everything I have into lumens, I have about 3000. So nowhere close. They occasionally have invite auctions, but those go for very, very high amounts too.

It can't hurt you to try getting the invite that way though, maybe it will work. Good luck. I'd invite a bunch of people if I still could.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The issue I ran into, being with Comcast, is that between downloading the shows, and then having to maintain like 200 seeds, my 1 TB data cap was being exceeded every month.

Ended up turning off IPT, and sticking with my usenets.
Why are you maintaining 200 seeds?

Crone

Why are you maintaining 200 seeds?
Because despite having Usenets, it was grabbing from IPT first, and you have to either seed back to 1:1, or for 3 weeks I think? So in 3-4 weeks, that's how many were being maintained. I guess I get a lot of TV shows?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you have share ratio problems with IPT and are worried about your data cap, just download a fuckton of very small books and seed them for a very long time. You will accumulate a fuck ton of points and can use that to eliminate hit and runs and take care of your ratio.

Or just skip all that bullshit and use newsgroups.

Crone

You can pay to remove the cap right?
From Comcast? I have no idea. I know it was like $10 for 50gb or something if I wanted to pay them, and that's assuming they'd even charge me.

But that's ok. I use IPT for some manual things now, and I haven't had any issues using Sonarr with Usenets only. With Sickbeard, I was getting missed shows quite a bit, and so I wanted to add IPT to stop that, but I guess it was Sickbeard because since just using Sonarr + Usenets, I haven't had any issues.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Like Void Void , I have seen twice in all my time on BTN where it gave me an option to buy an Invite. I assume he is at Master level just like me. Overlord class (can invite anyone) seems insurmountable for 99% of the users. I have the 300M+ bonus points, almost to the account age requirement, but I don't ever see a way to attain 35k uploads snatched.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Like Void Void , I have seen twice in all my time on BTW where it gave me an option to buy an Invite. I assume he is at Master level just like me. Overlord class (can invite anyone) seems insurmountable for 99% of the users. I have the 300M+ bonus points, almost to the account age requirement, but I don't ever see a way to attain 35k uploads snatched.
Yeah I am never getting to Overlord, I am content at master. I have around 8k lumen.

• 1Solidarity

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>

I believe I got my invite from you for BTN, and hands down the best tracker I have gotten to date. Thanks!!

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Anyone know if IPT works with couchpotato? Or do you have to use usenet?
It does but I would use jackett as a buffer between the two.

I would also delete couch potato and switch to radarr pretty much immediately if I were you. It is beyond superior.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't remember if it was Void Void or @a_skeleton_03 that asked how I got such a high BTN Bonus Point rate before the forum nuke.

I basically said it was about file size and Seed Multipliers. I believe you posted a screenshot of around ~266 files seeded, but your bonus rate was kinda abysmal. I am similarly hosting 308 files, but they are far larger. Whole seaon BluRay copies of Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and whatnot. I have a dedicated 4TB hard disk in my PC just for a torrent scratch disk.

The other major factor is seeding files that few (if any) other people are seeding. This is where the Seed Multipliers come in. I literally have one 27GB season pack file with a 5x multi that alone nets me ~1.5 million points per month. I also have some other 5x files, a handful of 2.5x, a bunch of 1.67x and 1.25x. Those are where you pull ahead in Bonus Points.

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I got hosed by the freshon tv closedown.

Anyone have an invite to BTN /TV-Vault / Morethan please ? I keep a very high ratio and I'm always happy to donate.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Jysin Jysin it was me that asked. I forgot that I even did, so thank you for the reply. That makes sense I guess, particularly since I don't download seasons much anymore, and I purge them periodically because my Seedbox is only 1.35TB I believe. I also don't really ever look for, or pay attention to, high bonus rate torrents. I have been sitting on a server of my own for months now that I really need to get to a datacenter soon, that would have more than enough space to keep everything for years. I just didn't really bother with it anymore since it seemed that I'd never, ever get to Overlord even if I made a concerted effort at it. But maybe I'll see what I can start accumulating once I get off my ass and make an actual run at it. One of us has to get Overlord eventually, right?!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Void Void Like I said, the only thing realistically holding me back from Overlord is the 35k leech count. You have to be one of the primary uploaders on a regular basis and beat everyone to the punch. First with a valid scene posted wins. I managed to get literally 1 episode of 1 show up recently when Cooper's Treasure first aired, netting me a few hundred leeches. Since that first episode, I get beat to the upload every time.

I guess if you knew something fairly obscure to put up on a consistent basis, you would have a chance.

Like you, I am not all too bothered by it. Of the entire site, there are only like ~25 Overlord classes. It is meant to be ridiculously unattainable. You can, however, bid like a rock star for invites during the auctions with my seeding methods.