Torrents

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Crap! Gotta search harder!!!

I love how in Darkwing Duck, there is an episode missing because it rarely aired. It mentioned the Devil in the episode, and therefore was banned or something. lol!

Can't wait to get me some Ducktales. Awesome.

Edit: And wtf up with not getting ratio on GoT? I call BS on that too! hit up the 720p version last night, about an hour late, since I forgot about it, and 2 hours later, after watching it and some other stuff, I was still at a positive ratio. My 150 down, 30 up maybe is helping me upload faster? I don't know.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
looking to trade IPT invites for what.cd or waffles.fm

To specify - i have the IPT invites and looking for one of the other two.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can anyone recommend a good VPN/proxy for torrenting? I got my first ever DMCA notice the other day, and now I'm worried that my ISP will shut me down. I've considered doing Usenet, but it seems like a lot of work (do people also end up using VPN's for them too?).

I'd prefer Usenet, since it seems more...private? But it also seems more cost prohibitive and really, it's confusing as fuck for me. My brother-in-law uses nzbs.org, but apparently I can't even register for that one.

Edit: I suppose another option would be a seedbox. I wouldn't need anything but the subscription for that, correct? Anyone got a recommendation for one if so?

galgor

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Edit: I suppose another option would be a seedbox. I wouldn't need anything but the subscription for that, correct? Anyone got a recommendation for one if so?
Yes, you wouldn't need anything except the subscription. I've used Feral and a few others. Whatbox.ca is by far my choice. They have great support for people who don't know what the flip they're doing. And they're fast and cheap. There are betters out there, but without good working knowledge of linux... it's a bit tough for your first foray into seedboxes. Cut your teeth there before moving on.

P.S. You can also use your Whatbox as a VPN. Though you should make note note, it counts towards your monthly quota.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I use privateinternetaccess.com worth the $40/year and can use up to 5 devices simultaneously.
That's what I use as well. Myself and others have made several posts about it over the months in this thread I believe, if you want more info.

I also use it in conjunction with a Whatbox so I don't have to leave my computer seeding 24/7. As an added benefit, it also adds yet another layer of protection.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I also highly recommend whatbox. I've been using them for a year or two now and they're great. Seeds torrents like a mofo.

Crone

The ability to setup Usenets with Sickbeard, to turn your computer basically into a DVR is absolutely F'ing priceless. There's no way I'd go with anything else, ever.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think I will probably give Usenet a shot with a free trial and see how it goes. I'll head over to the NZBMatrix thread if I have any questions. Thanks for the advice regarding Whatbox though.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ive been using Feralhosting for my seedbox needs (800gigs, ftps, https, ssh, and a dedicated vpn) for like $30 a month.

I absolutely love it. I run a 100+ person Teamspeak server (as well as other software) as well. I created some jailed ftp daemons for a few people at work and charge them very little (just enough to pay for the box) and they torrent like mad without having access to my stuff.

We all love it and as a bonus; no more worrying about legal notices.

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
I have a couple of invites to IPT, willing to trade for valuable Tuconets!

Just send me your throw away email in a PM.

Knock on wood but I've received no warnings and I've been all over GoT episodes, using nothing other than a blocklist on my client.

Hey Friday - how do you pay for hosting without it being tracked back to you? Maybe bit coins?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
God damn, I was without Internet for like 3 days and I come back to torrent leech and my account is removed. What a bunch of homos, my ratio was like 10:1.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
God damn, I was without Internet for like 3 days and I come back to torrent leech and my account is removed. What a bunch of homos, my ratio was like 10:1.
Just contact them on IRC and they'll likely reinstate the account. The admins there are pretty decent, other than the whole "You can never invite anyone again, I don't care you've uploaded 100TB it was your fault for accidentally inviting an email address who had been banned". My buddy who I had accidentally invited just went on their IRC, used me on as a reference and got an invite from an admin to the same email. But noooooo you can't ever invite anyone again.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
I just checked my account - I haven't logged in for months ... it was still active - wonder what happened to yours.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm not banned or anything, my account is just no longer there. Username and email no longer recognized. I'm just assuming that it was some sort of inactivity rule.

I'll try IRC but from everything I have read they don't or can't reactivate pruned accounts

Crone

Well I suppose the silver lining is that we are in the middle of a Game of Thrones season, and you can build ratio damn quick from just that over the next 4 episodes until season finale.

Siliconemelons

I have some IPT invites as needed- I like their system because if I grab some stuff that's low use I don't have to worry about seeding back the actual amount- just seed it for a week or so then zap it with points or whatever they are called.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I have some IPT invites as needed- I like their system because if I grab some stuff that's low use I don't have to worry about seeding back the actual amount- just seed it for a week or so then zap it with points or whatever they are called.
Maybe we can convince them to start taking Tucobucks.

Crone

Don't have to zap anything if you don't want, after seeding it a certain amount of time. Forget what the time frame was, but it'll drop off after a couple weeks I think.