Torrents

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So I've moved, and I have to switch from wired to wireless. I run a Plex server, and I'm worried about connection speeds. I pay with Cox for 150 down, 50 up or something. Their ultimate package. On wireless, I'm getting about 30-35 down, and 25 up. The up I know is the determining factor for a server... is that going to be enough to stream non-HD videos? I feel like it's more than enough.
Your problem will not be average throughput but reliability. Think how much wireless throughput can fluctuate and how many wireless hops your stream has to traverse before being displayed. I went from 2 wireless hops to both my pc and boxee being wired, huge difference in how fast videos queue up and I haven't had rebuffering once since then.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Might be kind of a weird request, but does anyone know of a media manager program (like Sickbeard or the one I use, tinyMediaManager) that will retain and/or allow you to customize a movie title after you have scraped it? What I mean specifically is, let's say I have Terminator 2 Skynet Edition. When I scrape it, it obviously comes up with just Terminator 2, and if I use the auto-move and -rename function it just calls it Terminator 2. Manual editing is possible, but if I ever do a bulk move/rename again, it will rename it to just Terminator 2 once again. I'd love to have it keep the fact that it is the Skynet Edition in the actual metadata, or anything else I choose to call it for that matter. I want it to download all the thumbnails, background pics, etc. for T2, but I just want it to acknowledge the fact that it isn't the generic version.

If it were just one or two movies it probably wouldn't bug me so much, but now that I am rebuilding my collection from scratch I realized I seem to have so many Director's Cut, Extended, Unrated, blah blah that apparently it is giving me mild OCD about this shit
frown.png

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Can anyone tell me why I am suddenly getting a SOCKS authentication error on all my torrents? I use IPTorrent pretty much exclusively.

Everything I'm finding online talks about this being a proxy error, but I'm not using any proxy settings, either in Windows 7 itself or in Deluge 1.3.5.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
No homepage/internet connection hijackers either? Friend had that error, and some bullshit program he didn't realize he had installed with a download had set up a proxy setting so everything he did went through their servers first.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Not that I'm aware of. My fiance uses this computer for her thesis work, so she might have installed something. I'm not actually seeing any redirects happen though.

I have a VPN client for work but it isn't connected (or even running in the background). Plex is the only thing, but they've worked together for years.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Sorry, I've got nothing then. I'm not much of a networking expert, and I'm using a seedbox now, so even less hands-on experience with it.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
anyone hook me up with a IPtorrents invite? seems my old account got deleted for inactivity

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If anyone has another spare IPTorrent invite, I could use one. Been playing it safe cause I wasn't sure about my new ISP but then I go to finally use it and it's gone. Had like 10:1 upload ratio too
frown.png

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
They nuked my IPT account as well. Fucking ridiculous I used it less than a couple months ago. Someone toss me an invite please.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Looking to replace IPT with another site that handles Movies very well. I have a box and seed. I have nothing to trade atm but when I get something of value (BTN or BC) I shall remember your kindness. If you want anything specific for it send me a PM.

rrr_img_74867.png
rrr_img_74868.png