Torrents

Pizoi

Golden Squire
Has anyone gotten a takedown from IPT while using their SSL trackers? Not that I've ever checked my ISP email, so I wouldn't know unless they snail mailed me anyways.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Using IPT approved client uTorrent 3.2.2 and had to reboot computer for the first time in a long while. Come back and the Torrent tab is blank and tells me to go the featured content page to get my torrents. Go there, it's advertising, but it doesn't come back. Anyone else know what's up?

I believe my torrents are still there, because my upload/download numbers are still going, but I can't get the list back.
frown.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
uTorrent is fine, but you need to use the older version to avoid all that advertising crap. The best version is uTorrent 2.2.1 Build 25154. Just google that and find a download on something safe, or I guess straight from IPT now that I look. I'd probably google it though just to be safe. Not sure I 100% trust IPT anymore after the hinky shit with Expendables 3.

I realize that doesn't help you get your current torrents back, but I have no idea how because I've never used that version. Even if you do get them back, you should switch versions once you've seeded what you want. If you plan on seeding for a long time still, you can always manually add the torrents into the older version and start seeding from there without re-downloading again, but if there are a lot that can be a pain in the ass.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
There's no reason to use outdated and possibly insecure software. There's other clients that are better than utorrent ever was. I don't understand why so many people insist on using it. Baby duck syndrome I suspect.

Crone

It's weird, 3.2.2 hasn't been bad for me at all. This is the first issue I've ever had with it. It's only 3 torrents that "need" seeding, and I've got a few thousand bonus points, so I'll just zap them, and I guess start fresh with the version you suggested. Thanks Vvoid!

ShakyJake

<Donor>
What's the best torrent site for EBooks? Not necessarily school texts...I'm mostly interested in publications from Apress, OReilly, Manning, Microsoft, etc.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TvT was up for me yesterday.
I checked TVT the other day and the page was up but had a banner saying the site was moving.

I moved to BTN though and am pretty happy with it. Not sure if I would move back to TVT, despite having something ridiculous like 2TB of credits.

Kuldiin_sl

shitlord
I checked TVT the other day and the page was up but had a banner saying the site was moving.

I moved to BTN though and am pretty happy with it. Not sure if I would move back to TVT, despite having something ridiculous like 2TB of credits.
BTN doesnt allow you to donate to join? Annoying as crap losing TVTorrents, and these other trackers wont let you in without an invite/donation. BTN sounds like the preferred one for me, but I cant see anywhere to donate (so guessing they dont).

galgor

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Nope. No donations for an invite at BTN. Currently you need to know someone who is of the user class "Master" or higher. They're the only ones who can send out invites, currently. Though you can also get an invite through official PU+ Invite forums of other trackers such as What.cd...

galgor

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone got a waffles or good music site invite?
Waffles was good for quite some time, but I personally moved on to What.cd and haven't been happier. If you can't find an invite, you can get an interview to get in. Just be sure to bone up before you try to interview, they will ask specific questions about bitrates and such. More info here:What.CD Interview Preparation

riptorn

Lord Nagafen Raider
not really the thread but is anyone elses calendar grid on mma-tv.net showing a login page? Been doing it to me for the past couple of days. Signin doesnt work.

Crone

Got moved in and settled into my new place, and after 2 email reminders about being inactive on IPT, finally got a new torrent client established. Using Deluge, and the while uTorrent maybe could have done it, I'm already in love with the speeds, and ability to move completed torrents to a new location. Love it! (although now that I think of it, I can't do that because IPT needs to keep seeding it from the original download location. Oops!)

Edit: Well actually, Deluge is pretty damn smart. Tell it to move a file after it's done, and it'll just seed from that location. That's pretty damn smart!

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
not really the thread but is anyone elses calendar grid on mma-tv.net showing a login page? Been doing it to me for the past couple of days. Signin doesnt work.
It's been doing this to me for months now. Tried multiple browsers on multiple devices and it's the same thing. Strangely, it works perfectly on my phone/tablet when I'm not on my home wifi. I have no idea what's causing it. You can download XBMC and the XBMC addon for mma-tv though and see the calendar on there.