Torrents

riptorn

Lord Nagafen Raider
btn is starting to shit the bed for me on shows. corrupt videos, videos marked as present season but old. tvt is down. what a man to do.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No issues here on btn. I use it for pretty much everything TV related. Use the scene downloads for better quality. (they have standards)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Same, I only use the scene uploads and rarely have a problem. The occasional proper, but 98% of the time (totally true statistic) a proper is just correcting an early cutoff or something. Rarely does it have a major problem that makes it unwatchable without getting the proper. My only complaint is that I'm starting to get the "Internal" downloads as well, because they are marking those as scene now at times too.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Loving Sonarr and it is only using BTN right now so I might be able to drop my newsgroup access.
While my setup is pretty good for what I want, there is always room for improvement, so I'm wondering if this could be integrated to work with a seedbox? I started to look through the wiki but I'm not seeing anything immediately, and figured you'd have a better handle on it anyway.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
While my setup is pretty good for what I want, there is always room for improvement, so I'm wondering if this could be integrated to work with a seedbox? I started to look through the wiki but I'm not seeing anything immediately, and figured you'd have a better handle on it anyway.
Sonarr will grab the torrent and send it to the URL you give it for download. Your seed box then grabs it and you sync it back to your local folder how you are already doing that now. It will then take from that folder and rename and place accordingly I assume. The step I don't do is transfer from seed box to local disk. I think you already automate that process yourself now so integrating Sonarr would be low effort and high reward.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it sounds like that might work. I'll give it a look when I get some time. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Since my RSS feed pretty much already does the first part, I might just set it up to do the renaming part, which I realize I could have done long ago with Sickbeard, but maybe this will motivate me to at least look into doing things even more efficiently. I suppose I should also check if tinyMediaManager has some scripting that does the exact same thing, since I already love (and donated for) that program.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah, it sounds like that might work. I'll give it a look when I get some time. Thanks for the info.
Yeah it's a pretty slick setup. I give my wife a link to the calendar it generates and she can see right away when her show is on next and whether or not it has downloaded.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was said that Sickbeard is no longer being developed or updated? Where is Sonarr headed, that would make the need to switch? or maybe not right now, but where do we expect it to head. I feel full automation is pretty set, so how can it get better?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It was said that Sickbeard is no longer being developed or updated? Where is Sonarr headed, that would make the need to switch? or maybe not right now, but where do we expect it to head. I feel full automation is pretty set, so how can it get better?
Yeah the one dev recently announced he quit and the other disappeared a while back. Sonarr integrates torrents and nzb seamlessly and that is nice. The main thing they do that made me switch is release blacklisting and manual nzb/torrent selection. If a download fails you can tell it to grab the next one out of its list. That is a feature that would have been quite useful for sickbeard that was never implemented. That is the only major difference but I feel it is a big one.

By no means is it a huge deal where you have to switch but I did and it took a few hours of it scanning ~8500 files and then it was done and ready to go.

Crone

Oh fuck that would have been nice. Sickbeard was down for me, for like 2 weeks and didn't realize it, and turned it back on and at least 50% of the shows failed, because it had been too long to get them. Integrating into IPT would be nice as well as a backup. My problem is, I don't want a seedbox, and I also can't seed from the final destination because all the files are renamed.

So how does it work with torrented shows? Torrents it, then copies it to your blackhole folder? It scans that folder, like Sickbeard does? I probably could set that up now, but basically I want all my seeded torrents on 1 drive, while all the completed done TV/Movies on another. I suppose this is basically the same thing as a seedbox? it copies from seedbox to dropbox or wherever, and then it remains on the seedbox as well.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Oh fuck that would have been nice. Sickbeard was down for me, for like 2 weeks and didn't realize it, and turned it back on and at least 50% of the shows failed, because it had been too long to get them. Integrating into IPT would be nice as well as a backup. My problem is, I don't want a seedbox, and I also can't seed from the final destination because all the files are renamed.

So how does it work with torrented shows? Torrents it, then copies it to your blackhole folder? It scans that folder, like Sickbeard does? I probably could set that up now, but basically I want all my seeded torrents on 1 drive, while all the completed done TV/Movies on another. I suppose this is basically the same thing as a seedbox? it copies from seedbox to dropbox or wherever, and then it remains on the seedbox as well.
No it is quite easy if it's on different local drives.

I have Transmission as my client. All of my stuff is on the same server. The IP is 1.16 so let me walk you through the process.

1.) Show airs and Sonarr starts checking its sources for a download.
2.) It check's NZB as my default and then checks my torrent providers I have listed. With BTN it can search, with IPT it's only if it's in the RSS or something I don't know because I didn't do the research for IPT.
3.) It finds a release within your video quality paramaters and it's an NZB.
4.) It sends that NZB to SabNZBD and then moves it from your complete folder over to the show it needs to be with and renames it and then oddly it deletes that record from SabNZBD so that your log isn't full, unless it fails then it leaves it there.
5.) If it fails you have an icon at the top of the site called activity and it will have a number up there for amount of failed releases. You can click on that and it takes you to a page where you can blacklist that failed download and pick from a list of similar ones.
6.) Ok it finds a torrent instead, I have Transmission set up on 1.16:9091 and it sends the .torrent file to it, once it is downloaded it leaves the copy there and moves a copy over to the proper show folder and renames it.

So I have the following installed on my local NAS server.

Sonarr
Transmission
SabNZBD

I have the following folders

incomplete
complete
torrents

The only thing about a seed box would be to get the files from torrents over to complete or somewhere else locally for Sonarr to know they are there and do something about it.

It also has a lot of notification options, I could have it notify Plex, XBMC, Growl, email me, or even more I have never even heard of.

Crone

Sweet, thanks a_skeleton_03. Works how I would of guessed, and just copies the completed torrent over to the complete folder, which is then scraped by Sonarr to move/rename into the correct shows folder.

I use Deluge as my torrent client, and I haven't looked too much into it, but I wonder if could set the same thing up with that. To make a copy of the completed file to another location.

Edit: Doesn't look like Deluge can do it, but on second thought it wouldn't really matter. Plenty of torrents are actually still RAR'ed up, but I wonder if SABnzbd could handle that instead... oh dang... getting complicated! lol

Pizoi

Golden Squire
Is there something I could install on Whatbox that will automatically unrar (or just copy if it isn't rar'd) downloaded torrents into a different directory? I have autodl-irssi setup to grab the torrents I want and put them into separate directories based on who the download is for, hoping to be able to further handle the files automatically so I can just setup some ProFTPD accounts for family members, giving them access only to the torrents they've requested.