Torrents

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Also, looking to pick up a VPN again. Heard PIA was having issues? What's the go to VPN currently? Torguard has a special on Slickdeals for $23.50 /yr.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, looking to pick up a VPN again. Heard PIA was having issues? What's the go to VPN currently? Torguard has a special on Slickdeals for $23.50 /yr.
You are fine using VPN on IPT, but be careful as other sites do not allow it. BTN is an insta-ban for using VPN on their website. (Perfectly fine to torrent / seed with VPN though)

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Yeah you can use it to seed but when you visit the site to download the torrent you have to use your actual IP. This is why I like PIA's SOCKS5 with Deluge. Allows me to have it all setup so that the torrent traffic is sent over the VPN without everything else going as well.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone else get an email from IPT about making sure to stay active and visit the site? I know these come out regularly, and I'm constantly seeding. Just felt it was a little soon. I can't check right now, but I feel it's been less than a week since I got something and have been seeding it. So why the email so early?

Immediately I'm all thinking doomsday and the sites gonna shut down soon if they are asking that quickly for people to come back.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Anyone else get an email from IPT about making sure to stay active and visit the site? I know these come out regularly, and I'm constantly seeding. Just felt it was a little soon. I can't check right now, but I feel it's been less than a week since I got something and have been seeding it. So why the email so early?

Immediately I'm all thinking doomsday and the sites gonna shut down soon if they are asking that quickly for people to come back.
I got one tonight and I was just on their site snagging a few things like 3 hours ago. Decent chance it was a mistake, or just a mass email to everyone regardless.

I have got the "be sure to keep your account active" reminders before when I'm out of town and haven't been on the site in a week or something, but that was no where near the case this time.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I got it as well. I think it is just a mass email. However, it did specifically mention the .com site, whereas I always access the .eu one, so I went ahead and clicked on the link and had it show my presence on the .com one as well. Not sure if that matters or not, probably not, but it is either that or just a mass email that I wouldn't worry too much about.

As mentioned though, seeding is totally different than visiting the site. You can stop seeding for years as long as you keep visiting the site (ratio notwithstanding).

spronk

FPS noob
btn is back up, was a pretty scary 48 hours but fortunately i am marathoning through black sails again so no time to watch new stuff

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What's the best way to go with one of those seedbox thingies? Cox finally stopped being cool about stealing massive amounts of shit now that they lost.

Also, still looking for an IPT invite because I'm a ri-tard.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It doesn't need to be user friendly. ssh is my life now, sftp/scping firmware to the dumbest, most expensive little embedded linux devices you've ever seen.