Torrents

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The keys from software shop are single use - that's one reason they are so cheap.

Just bear that in mind cause when you format down the road that key won't work again for the OS or for your office install.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
been over a decade since i've messed around with pirate torrent sites. would really dig a good one for music tho. anyone, if you know one, please? :)

Orpheus is amazing. Has everything. It's a pretty rare occasion when I can't find something there. I may have an invite.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not a torrent question, but didn't want to make a new thread for this:

I'm using an EST (US) Fios account to watch tv online and keep bumping into issues for times/shows because it detects I'm not on the East Coast. I'm sure there is an easy way for me to fool the Fios website into thinking I'm in EST but I don't know how because I'm a tech retard. Any ideas? Thought about using Hidemyass, but that's definitely not a good solution in this case (I don't think).

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>

I'm using an EST (US) Fios account to watch tv online and keep bumping into issues for times/shows because it detects I'm not on the East Coast. I'm sure there is an easy way for me to fool the Fios website into thinking I'm in EST but I don't know how because I'm a tech retard. Any ideas? Thought about using Hidemyass, but that's definitely not a good solution in this case (I don't think).

assume a VPN service could easily be used to make it appear as though you are on the east coast.

nordVPN always has a decent sale going and is a quality service I use myself.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

fios internet was amazing when i was in nj, now i have shitty cox, boo

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Cox isn't bad for me it's just they assrape with prices. I leave my internet running videos even when I'm at work so I can piss them off. Hit 6tb last month.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
assume a VPN service could easily be used to make it appear as though you are on the east coast.

nordVPN always has a decent sale going and is a quality service I use myself.

Never messed with a VPN. My (limited) understanding of VPN is that it masks your IP- does it spoof it? Can you control where it looks like you are coming from or is it random? If it routes me through Norway or some shit it's not really going to fix my issue. I need to appear like I'm coming from EST

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Never messed with a VPN. My (limited) understanding of VPN is that it masks your IP- does it spoof it? Can you control where it looks like you are coming from or is it random? If it routes me through Norway or some shit it's not really going to fix my issue. I need to appear like I'm coming from EST

I think most of them have an option to pick servers and locations. So you should be able to pick an east coast location. It would be surprising if most of them didn't have east coast servers, but then again I don't use a vpn much.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think most of them have an option to pick servers and locations. So you should be able to pick an east coast location. It would be surprising if most of them didn't have east coast servers, but then again I don't use a vpn much.

Yeah I guess that was my next question... Any use for VPN aside from being able to watch FiOS in EST? If not, not sure it's worth the $

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I guess that was my next question... Any use for VPN aside from being able to watch FiOS in EST? If not, not sure it's worth the $
Well, the better services (I use Private Internet Access, but NordVPN qualifies as better as well) will allow you to have anywhere from 5-10 devices connected usually, and if you wait for a good deal you can often get it for under $4 a month, so if you connect to public wifi with your phone etc. it is useful to keep people from stealing your shit. And both of those services for sure have EST servers that you can choose, with incredibly easy to use apps as well (my 70 year old parents figured it out), so for $4 a month you could fix your issue and even give yourself a little piece of mind on your phone.

The only drawback to using a VPN constantly on your phone is if you use any of the fast food apps, they can't figure out where you are sometimes so you have to turn it off in order for the app to realize you are at the restaurant. Other than that, there's really no downside to using a VPN.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds like VPN probably worth it for security anyway then. Nord was like 6 or 7 bucks a month for a yearly plan. Thanks all for the input.

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Any of you lads provide me with a smooth streams invite or coupon code ? Would be greatly appreciated.

dizzie

Triggered Happy

Make sure you use a vpn that doesn't log. Most large media organizations blacklist vpn ip addresses from their streaming services, decent vpn companies like nord, torguard pia etc set up specific servers for streaming. If you get a vpn and it won't stream, search on the vpn forums and you'll find a regional server most of the time. They aren't normally in the default server lists.

As for using them, you just click on the list of countries and cities, connect and then it seems to the world that you're in that specific country.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Make sure you use a vpn that doesn't log. Most large media organizations blacklist vpn ip addresses from their streaming services, decent vpn companies like nord, torguard pia etc set up specific servers for streaming. If you get a vpn and it won't stream, search on the vpn forums and you'll find a regional server most of the time. They aren't normally in the default server lists.

As for using them, you just click on the list of countries and cities, connect and then it seems to the world that you're in that specific country.

I picked up Nord. I'm guessing by your quote it doesn't log. It lets me select a NY location which gives me exactly what I need to watch live FiOS (the whole reason I wanted it).

I stopped using torrents after all the good ones I knew shut down. Been messing around with putlocker. Super sketch but generally has what I want

sole

Molten Core Raider
If you want to use torrents again I can send you an invite to IPT, just PM whatever email you want the invite sent to.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah, I have to turn off the VPN on my Shield when I want to watch Amazon Prime. I'm sure PIA has some way around it too, but I honestly only use it on the Shield because I don't have enough devices to use up all the ones they allow me, so why not? So I just turn it off with a couple button presses, no big deal.