Total War: Warhammer

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Also, I find it interesting that people really like the slayers. I found that using the top line infantry units that you have available combined with ranged damage was superior. The wide spread of slayers makes it easy for deeper penetration, causing my ranged squads to often be engaged in melee combat. And, to be quite honest, I found it easier to use some long range weaponry (or even Quarrellers/Thunderers) to take down big units. Sometimes have to micromanage them, especially gunpowder users, but it's worth it.

It also saves a building slot by not having to build a Slayer shrine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I used Pyros's heal suggestion as Vampire Counts so many times. Good player alert.

In other news I read about this forced melee stuff with the Norsca chariots. Everyday is a school day in Total War, sick stuff rolling thru and they will still fire their ranged weps if they got em. Impressive when pulled off correctly. I was never a big chariot user outside of microing em a few times but I'm a changed man now.

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Chariots are very good, but they are the most micro intensive units in the game. Their one and only purpose is the cycle charge, and if they get stuck in a blob or run down by cavalry, they are doomed. That said they fuck immobile races like dwarves hard if you can keep on them. Obviously the AI has no idea how to use them, but good players can do a lot of damage with some of the stronger chariots (Chaos and Norsca).

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider

I know most don't play TW games for their multiplayer, but fuck this looks so fun. Go to 17:30 for the first battle (Skaven vs Lizardmen). Visually, Lizardmen just make for such fun looking battles with dinosaurs just rampaging everywhere and fucking shit up.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Wait wait wait

Skaven ARE in this one? For some reason I thought they weren't.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Well.... they are. They weren't announced with the other 3 races because dramatic tension, but yeah, they are in. They aren't based out of Skavenblight on the Vortex Grand Campaign map, but probably will be on the Mega Campaign.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm all about the artillery turtle or small but really elite units. But, Skaven look the most fun in the new game and I think I'll enjoy trying something new with them. LM look great too, honestly. Pretty "meh" on the Elves, though.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
No way, all skink lizardmen armies were the best

Maybe add a few Kroxigor

But screw the rest

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Skaven against dark elves seems like it'll be a pain in the ass based on those multiplayer videos, it seemed like they triggered murderous prowess super fast from killing garbage clan rats, which in turns made them rape everything else. Really pumped about all 4 races.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I planned Skaven but gonna roll DE. Witch King too dank.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Eh honestly all three besides Skaven interest me to play.

I'm curious about unit selection/lord choices and tech trees though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I like that they increased max level and gave every lord more abilities. The tech trees also look a lot larger and some youtube commented that on these videos they're showing, they're often on turn 150-200+, which might point out to much longer campaign, which would be a lot more fun. In the first game once you know what's going on, you get Chaos to spawn on 80 or whatever and you can generally achieve global victory within 150turns, less if you have good attrition management options(like army wide attrition removal or even better, faction wide, rather than having to trek in the desert in raiding stance moving 3tiles a turn like a shitter).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I managed to beat the grand campaign with Dwarves, Empire and Wood Elves so far.

WE were definitely more interesting at end game, without any meaningful outposts for garrisons even the smallest armies can really steamroll through pretty effectively so you have to field a lot more. Plus my 'raze for gold then colonise' strat worked but really ran out of the steam at the end (post chaos) because most places were already razed so there wasn't much consistent income from it.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I really, really love this game.

That being said, the way legendary difficulty works is annoying as fuck. +10 leadership bonus across the board isn't just broken, it also changes the way battles work entirely. Yesterday i was doing a battle with dwarves, due to a campaign event I had -12 leadership, along with the difficulty modifier (and some other minor stuff i guess) there were greenskins with leadership better then my dorfs.

That fucking sucked. I don't mind being zerged by greenskins and losing, but if I reduce a lone orc unit to 30% of its original size, i expect it to flee.

jeje salty

• 1Solidarity

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Thr thing that makes legendary almost unplayable for me is not having a slow mo battle speed and issuing orders while paused. Might be ok with dwarfs cause there isn't as much army micro in battles but there is no way in hell I can micro other factions without pause or slow mo. I've completed legendary campaigns with dwarfs, greenskins and beast men just by auto resolving which isn't very rewarding.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think this is the first game in about a decade I'll be paying full price for and doing so at release. Steam has made me pretty spoiled with their sales, but I'm not waiting for this one. Looks way too fun.

• 1Like