Total War: Warhammer

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
HsgV6Ok.png

man, those close victories barely help you win the campaign in the long run.

I have 471 hours in this game and have never seen that. I am so confused.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider

Every so often, the game gets weird with what it considers a "close" or "Pyrrhic" victory. Using up most of your spell reserves and/or your ammunition seems to make the game think the match was much closer than the losses indicate.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Is there a Total War 3 Kingdoms thread? Or is this the all purpose Total War thread?

Cause i finally broke down and bought it and holy fuck its the best optimized, smoothest running, prettiest and best version of Total War I've seen as a long time fan of the series going back to Medieval 1 and Shogun 1 and Rome, I'm shocked.

Not a huge fan of the Warhammer Total War games though :/

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Is there a Total War 3 Kingdoms thread? Or is this the all purpose Total War thread?

Cause i finally broke down and bought it and holy fuck its the best optimized, smoothest running, prettiest and best version of Total War I've seen as a long time fan of the series going back to Medieval 1 and Shogun 1 and Rome, I'm shocked.

Not a huge fan of the Warhammer Total War games though :/

Pretty sure there is a 3 Kingdoms thread but not many posts in it. LInk here:

Total War: Three Kingdoms

• 1Solidarity

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
xNlQZol.jpg

When you zoom all the way in, you see the funniest shit in this game. What is this? the actual dead corpse of a knight carried on a wooden horse by a few peasants into battle? And that's a 4000 hp hero unit? "Grail Reliquae"!

That is like straight out of Monty Python.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Been a while, but we got new content here.

Lizardmen getting Nakai the Wanderer (with the Dread Saurian among their roster), and the Empire getting Markus Wulfhart (and bringing back the War Wagon, of all things).

Lizardmen are also getting Gor-Rok as FLC, and the Empire's getting a general revamp.

Nakai's going to be a horde faction, and they're doing some interesting stuff with him. Basically, they're cutting out the slog of building recruitment infrastructure for every army by making it so everyone's recruitment pool is based on the infrastructure in Nakai's personal army. Assuming that works, I suspect that the system will get back ported to Chaos and Beastmen before too long.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Empire is a lot more interesting to play now with the revamp, particularly on the campaign map. Not a whole lot different in battle, but archers and huntsman are nice additions. Wagons fucking suck though.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Empire is a lot more interesting to play now with the revamp, particularly on the campaign map. Not a whole lot different in battle, but archers and huntsman are nice additions. Wagons fucking suck though.

Yeah I like the addition of archers at level 1 to help early. I also like the political stuff for Empire as well, makes confederating the rest of them so much easier. Its also possible to confederate dude with golden mask(forget his name) before the AI ruins him by using up a ton of his skill points in stupid shit.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Yeah I like the addition of archers at level 1 to help early. I also like the political stuff for Empire as well, makes confederating the rest of them so much easier. Its also possible to confederate dude with golden mask(forget his name) before the AI ruins him by using up a ton of his skill points in stupid shit.
The golden boy is Gelt. Definitely a good idea to confederate him first and just let Wissenland secede (pretty sure they always start with low fealty) so you roll through and connect your lands. Also, send an agent across the sea to make contact with Wulfhart and you can confederate him the old way (doesn't take your IA down).

This is the first time I've played TWW on legendary (guilty of being a savescummer previously) and it's a blast so far.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
With the line of sight legendary nerfs and AI gaining crazy experience on legendary it is the most challenging it has ever been that I can remember. I tried to do chaos and beastmen campaign and it is fucking tough with the two earlier changes and Empire AI is super strong right now and steamrolling everything.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Shit, I still haven't played a Clan Skryre campaign... this game has so much content.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Snikch going full anime, gotta love it.

The FLC is apparently going to be Repanse de Lyonesse for Bretonnia. Essentially the Joan of Arc stand-in for Warhammer. That also makes the second WH1 faction to become playable in the base WH2 campaign.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Those trailers are really fucking nice for in engine trailers. Won't buy for a while though I still have to play 3 or 4 of the DLCs I bought already, and have to play the reworked old races, just haven't gotten to going back to TW yet.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I bought my 1st Total War game, and of course it's Warhammer! There is a LOT of info to grasp here. It's like learning Civ with a full blown RTS element to it! How the hell have I not tried these games over the years is beyond me! These battles are fuckin nuts!

During the tutorial/campaign I was told to siege a town...Ok. I did. Does this take like several turns of me not doing anything other than looking at the other factions move around? I mean I'm doing micro management shit, Like combining troops, but that's all. Am I supposed to be in a battle looking at me lay siege?

Tips?

• 1Like