Total War: Warhammer

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Wow, so it's Ogre bulls, Maneaters, and Mournfang cavalry as the options for recruitment with the Ogre Mercenaries and a new worldwide mechanic to recruit them. That would pretty much mean Ogre Kingdoms are a lock for the pre-order race given that is a chunk of their 8th edition roster and their history with Grand Cathay. I've been waiting for so long for this, the Gnoblar chaff will flow.
I was expecting bulls and/or maneaters, but mournfangs were a big surprise. Preorder race is looking pretty likely, but they could also end up being similar to the Brets at WH1 launch, where they existed as a placeholder with a stripped-down roster until the full race is released. Either way, I was expecting the WH3 campaign at launch to just have a bunch of greenskin factions sitting in the mountains as a placeholder for the ogres, so this'll be a step up from that.

Dwarfs also got Thorek Ironbrow as their free LL, so the dwarfs now have a "magic" LL option. Haven't seen a decent writeup yet of how their campaign mechanics have changed, however.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This is just about the only franchise that I like and that is being managed properly.

This is what happens when you attract raw talent and real enthusiasts instead of corpo magnet slime.

They over delivered too and got the auto resolve stuff out that door for this update.

Gives me hope until they're offered untold billions and it all goes to cuck town. Well, here's to hoping it never happens.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
This is what happens when you attract raw talent and real enthusiasts instead of corpo magnet slime.

They over delivered too and got the auto resolve stuff out that door for this update.

Gives me hope until they're offered untold billions and it all goes to cuck town. Well, here's to hoping it never happens.
CA is owned by SEGA if I recall correctly. They are pretty safe from any buyout. No way SEGA is gonna let go of one of their big cash cows.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
bummed... I've finally got a box that can play games enjoyably and somehow I missed picking this up on summer sale... considering a full price buy on this, tho that seems silly with total war: Warhammer 3 on the horizon

Meester

Trakanon Raider
bummed... I've finally got a box that can play games enjoyably and somehow I missed picking this up on summer sale... considering a full price buy on this, tho that seems silly with total war: Warhammer 3 on the horizon
Depends how much you like Beastmen and Lizardmen I suppose.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Be patient, it goes on sale several times a year.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
If you do, get just TW:WH2. That plus the various free content updates will easily carry you to the next sale.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Dont you need TW:WH1 for the Mortal Empires campaign?
Yes, you need it for ME. WH1 would be the first "dlc" to pick up for exactly that reason.

I just think that core WH2 offers enough play time to carry one for quite a while. The four core races obviously, but you also get to play at least Brets and now Dawi through the FLCs without having WH1. If nothing else, buy just WH2 first to check it out, and then pick up WH1 a few weeks later if the wait for a sale is too annoying. The game is certainly worth the full price in any case.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
unknown-52.png

unknown-59.png

This Oxyotl campaign was a hoot.

I have the chaos invasion rolling through a gigantic mine field of saurus ambush sanctums with melee buffs right now.

Not sure if the visions I need to get the win will spawn during it, kinda hope they don't.

Reddit tards seem to be struggling badly with this one.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I fucking suck at this game. I keep chipping away at it, and learn more each time. But is there a youtuber or similar that you guys would suggest over others that I would find in just a general search? Sometimes I feel like Ill be doing well, and then Ill just get hit randomly by an enemy that for all I can see is no different than the last 20 I stomped, but instead I get stomped. The diplomacy bit is f'n me up quite a bit too. I was fighting against this skaven and the Mother fucker just kept assassinating and wounding all my f'n people non stop. Like.. I get that theyre rats, but yelling "you rat f'n bastards" at 3am was not what I had in mind.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users