Total War: Warhammer

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
been having lots of fun playing WH2 without any DLC or part 1..

only major frustration so far is trouble finding the right army for me.
I like heavy ranged/artillery with little/no micro management. dwarfs and skaven both fun, but dwarfs seem OP and I don't enjoy skaven campaign mechanics.
Lizard men monster armies are tons of fun, except skinks fuckin suck ass and make them no fun to play.
I would highly recommend getting WH1 so you unlock the large combined “Mortal Empires” campaign map as soon as you start getting tired of the vortex campaign. It’s the default way to play.

You really can’t play skaven without the prophet and warlock dlc as it unlocks some their best units, the weapons teams. The trick with the skaven campaign is to maximize food in anyway you can by using buildings, technologies, post battle loot, and under cities to build up enough food to colonize ruins of all the major settlements you take at tier 4 or 5. That and try to maximize your ambush chance on lords as much as possible. The sneaky trait +25 ambush is the best trait to go for. You can also get followers, items, techs, and traits to raise your ambush chance. The first dlcs I’d get would be tomb kings, the queen and crone(sisters of Avalorn OP), prophet and warlock( skaven goodies).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I would never tell someone to buy Queen and the Crone as a priority dlc because High Elves are still quite good even without SoA and both lords are just generic vortex racers.

The difficulty with dwarves is on the campaign level with their placement being just immediately north of the badlands bowl and how quickly greenskins can run out of control.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
Outside of no mention of auto resolve the blog post seems pretty good. Being able to remove souls from the enemy factions and buildings to stop rifts from spawning will let people slow the game down massively and allow people to expand without having to worry about always doing rifts or camping heroes and armies around to close rifts in the middle of your territory while you push out and conquer new lands. Not having to sit in a city waiting to lose the corruption effects will be nice too.

While I've not had more than a crash or two I'm glad they are focusing on getting things stable first before selling DLC so while I really want the grand combined map I'm ok waiting in the make the Realms of Chaos more fun while ensuring stability for the people with issues. Just fucking rebalance auto resolve so I don't have to fight every minor battle without losing my army.

I also hope they don't forget to rebalance the Ogres in the single player with red line buffs after they take the meat mallet to them in multiplayer.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Patches can't get here fast enough. Been playing WH2 because 3 just isn't that fun yet. Factions lack depth, I hate the new magic system, the UI is worse (in my opinion) and the map doesn't have nearly the character of WH1/2. No need to mention the campaign problems, auto-resolve BS, and the fact that 80% of fights are sieges. That horse has been beat to death (but you better fix that shit too, CA).

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I felt the path finding, units going idle, forgetting orders, LOS issues and terrible AI we’re so bad that I couldn’t even play a campaign long enough to get to the shitty chaos realms part of this abortion. I have no desire to come back until a patch or two after mortal empires is released. I think WH2 will probably have a higher player count by the end of the month until the patch is released. I’m thinking about leaving WH2 run 24/7 to inflate the player count to that end as a micro aggression because I can’t be bothered to write a negative review and it feels good to be petty once in a while lol

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Wonder if they can bring the TW3 factions into TW2 instead and expand the map.

• 2Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
one frustrating thing I have learned is that because of the endless loading screens it is way faster to exit the game entirely, and restart it if I am ever losing a battle and want to try it again

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
TW2 is the pinnacle I think.

Then they used that money to hire retards with shiny resumes.

Ah welp, see how it goes.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
If there is still anybody in this thread who doesn't own the game, it is coming up for free on the Epic Store.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If there is still anybody in this thread who doesn't own the game, it is coming up for free on the Epic Store.

It is? I want a refund. $60 for 7 hours sucks. Then, I'll have to pay what, another $20 for the first DLC that will fix what should have been in the game at release?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1648409121938.png