Total War: Warhammer

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Is there a mod that lets you win campaign faster or have a better option than just taking over every single province to win? What I mean is my diplomacy has got like half the map on my side but when you see what it takes to win it requires you to fight them later even if they are allies.

I’m glad we can turn that chaos realms off. It was fun the first time but it got old by the 3rd playthrough. Looking for Tzeentch portal while getting owned sucked lol.
I saw an updated victory condition mod but didn’t check it out

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I agree with everything. Just about everything in WH3 seems uninspired, rushed, and uninteresting. Especially the tech trees, traits, skill trees, and minor settlement battles. The game just reaks of a mismanaged company and no developer working in it gave a shit because of the mismanagement. Playing something like Elden Ring makes this more apparent.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I agree with everything. Just about everything in WH3 seems uninspired, rushed, and uninteresting. Especially the tech trees, traits, skill trees, and minor settlement battles. The game just reaks of a mismanaged company and no developer working in it gave a shit because of the mismanagement. Playing something like Elden Ring makes this more apparent.
Legend a week or so ago, basically said the same thing, with an addition of CA rested on their laurels of success in TW:WH2 and coasted the development of TW:WH3.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Really hope they get their shit together and overhaul this mess with the release of ME's successor.

• 2Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
^^^
Completely agree. I played 7 hours total the first few days and haven't touched it since. It's not enjoyable, it has no depth, the mechanics are worse than WH2, the races are not very interesting, the magic system stinks, the graphics/aesthetics are worse, sieges for 85% of the fights sucks, etc. etc.

Its been a huge disappointment so far after how polished WH2 eventually was. Maybe M.E. and the Chaos Dorfs turns it around?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
^^^
Completely agree. I played 7 hours total the first few days and haven't touched it since. It's not enjoyable, it has no depth, the mechanics are worse than WH2, the races are not very interesting, the magic system stinks, the graphics/aesthetics are worse, sieges for 85% of the fights sucks, etc. etc.

Its been a huge disappointment so far after how polished WH2 eventually was. Maybe M.E. and the Chaos Dorfs turns it around?
If CA doesn't fix it by the time Mortal Empires II is released, hopefully some modders will figure out how to totally neuter it.

I just looked though 14 pages (out of 39) of the most popular mods and don't see anything that converts non-walled minor settlements into field battles, but there is one that disables building anything after the deployment stage (HERE).

• 2Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
If CA doesn't fix it by the time Mortal Empires II is released, hopefully some modders will figure out how to totally neuter it.

I just looked though 14 pages (out of 39) of the most popular mods and don't see anything that converts non-walled minor settlements into field battles, but there is one that disables building anything after the deployment stage (HERE).
That's probably all I'd need to not be infuriated by minor settlements.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
I played TW:WH2 to death, loved it, all the DLC etc.

I've really struggled to enjoy WH3. The Chaos gate mechanic has meant that expanding beyond 2-3 provinces just screws you over, and the best way to win is just to turtle the hell out of a small nation and wait for gates to spawn, send army in, close gate behind them, and then finish. Its utterly boring.

I finished a Cathay campaign, and got half way through a Slaanesh campaign before I just noped out.

I really hope the IME campaign patch will fix this. Plus, ya know, Chaos Dorfs.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

"Mods will fix it"

Mfw the modders are cringed off :/

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's funny how the Ursun campaign initially seemed so much better than the Vortex race, but now seems so much worse.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Any of us could literally sit them down for 30 minutes and pitch the changes absolutely necessary to the minor settlement stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
this roadmap is gonna be most vague shit ever. I bet it's just "we plan on releasing patch 1.x in Q2, ME in Q3, first dlc in Q4 etc. "

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

--

Side note, there was a patch yesterday for tw: wh2 that allowed steam and epic join in multiplayer games. With that patch, if you had any Co-Op games going, you will have to go back to the previous iteration of the game of 1.12.0 (or 1.12.1 depending on what you were running when the patch hit yesterday). You can select it by going to steam library -> right click tw:wh2 -> properties -> beta -> 1.12.0/1.12.1.

Should download the old patch and bring back your campaigns.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
Jesus Christ. No wonder CA were holding back on a roadmap - this is total dogshit.

The only thing we'll see in the next two months is a 1.2 patch coming in May that centers around more bug-fixes? Same plan with the 1.3 patch for the summer - mostly more bug-fixes there, too. No new DLC or Immortal Empires - even in Beta - until sometime around September? Same for the Blood Pack, which is mostly in the game files already?

This game has fewer current, active players every day on Steam than TW:W2 has, despite being only 2 months old. Creative Assembly are not going to have hardly any DLC money coming in for the rest of 2022, and the most popular game mode is almost guaranteed to be a sloppy, buggy disaster when we get to Beta test it five months from now. At the rate TW:W3 is going, I honestly would not be surprised if Creative Assembly dropped support for this title by the end of 2023; they killed off Total War: Three Kingdoms, and that game was in far superior shape to TW:W3.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Roadmap for those that dont want to read through the whole blog:

2022-Roadmap-1920x1080-1.jpg