Total War: Warhammer

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I know nothing about this game. Is it like tabletop warhammer I played 20 years ago?

I'm planning on starting to play the first one that I got for free at some point. Do I want any DLC's to make it worth it?

Maul

Dental Dammer
I know nothing about this game. Is it like tabletop warhammer I played 20 years ago?

I'm planning on starting to play the first one that I got for free at some point. Do I want any DLC's to make it worth it?
Skip it and go right for warhammer 2, its vastly superior, although you will want warhammer 1 to unlock mortal empires

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
In the video game sense, that is asinine.

In the tabletop sense, this is closer to the way formations moved, which was a pivot on the corner of the formation and you measured the move distance from the other corner. Why they decided to adopt something like that in this iteration makes zero sense!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I played 1 for a few months before picking up 2, and I wished I'd just gone straight for 2.

Not only is there a lot more content if you have both due to mortal empires, there are lots of small changes. For example, vampire counts were no fun to play in 1 because they were missing a key technology that was added in 2.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Ten months ago CA releases a beastmen DLC, one of the factions that focuses on primarily fighting ambush battles as a main mechanic. That same patch completely broke the AI on ambush battles causing enemy armies caught in an ambush to afk roam around in the center of the map and not advance allowing you to murder them with artillery for a cheap win. This shit is still in the game from ten fucking months ago when they released for a faction that focus on this shit.

When I play skaven and beastmen I focus on a lot on ambush chance anyway I can. I’d say 50-80% percent of field battles are ambush battles in my campaigns and they are completely busted.

I don’t know who’s behind the wheel at CA but they seems like they’re like asleep at the wheel. I hope their best years aren’t behind them like Blizzard.

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ten months ago CA releases a beastmen DLC, one of the factions that focuses on primarily fighting ambush battles as a main mechanic. That same patch completely broke the AI on ambush battles causing enemy armies caught in an ambush to afk roam around in the center of the map and not advance allowing you to murder them with artillery for a cheap win. This shit is still in the game from ten fucking months ago when they released for a faction that focus on this shit.

When I play skaven and beastmen I focus on a lot on ambush chance anyway I can. I’d say 50-80% percent of field battles are ambush battles in my campaigns and they are completely busted.

I don’t know who’s behind the wheel at CA but they seems like they’re like asleep at the wheel. I hope their best years aren’t behind them like Blizzard.
first time GIF

Buncha CA newbies in here..

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I beat prologue, Khorne on legendary, Cathay, and started Daemon Prince Unaligned. I had fun but feel the game has no meat. I’m taking a break.

• 1Solidarity

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I just did the prologue and one Realm of Chaos campaign. Waiting on the mortal empires successor at this point as I imagine most people are.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

• 1Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Looks like a good first pass but holy fuck gorgers got destroyed, would have liked to a more moderate nerf instead of nuking them from orbit. Either one of those changes would have been enough.

I won’t be rushing back but I’ll probably redownload overnight and give the campaign an honest shot if the feedback on unit responsiveness is positive.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Looks like a good first pass but holy fuck gorgers got destroyed, would have liked to a more moderate nerf instead of nuking them from orbit. Either one of those changes would have been enough.

I won’t be rushing back but I’ll probably redownload overnight and give the campaign an honest shot if the feedback on unit responsiveness is positive.
It took Legend nearly 3 hours to patch. Same shit happened to me when the game opened up and I had the prelaunch already loaded. I ended up uninstalling the game and starting from scratch.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I'll be in the "wait and see" mindset for a while as well. This patch doesn't cover half of what I dislike about WH3, but its a start.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
We haven’t even mentioned the most important part of the patch notes, mods are available. I was browsing through them last night. They have a mod to shut of the Chaos Realms campaign and go full sandbox if that was keeping anyone from playing.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Is there a mod that lets you win campaign faster or have a better option than just taking over every single province to win? What I mean is my diplomacy has got like half the map on my side but when you see what it takes to win it requires you to fight them later even if they are allies.

I’m glad we can turn that chaos realms off. It was fun the first time but it got old by the 3rd playthrough. Looking for Tzeentch portal while getting owned sucked lol.