Total War: Warhammer

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I gave Warhammer 3 another shot last night and started a Nurgle campaign with the ROC campaign turned off and a updated victory conditions mod and I had a really good time. Unit responsiveness, while still not perfect, was way better than pre 1.2 and that was my main complaint. Had a lot of fun figuring out how nurgle plays.

I still really don’t like the campaign map and new aesthetic. A lot of the new chaos wastes seem pretty generic and forgettable and the empire territory’s just seem foreign and uncomfortable to me but that may change as I get used to it.

They still have a way to go but it seems like they are heading in the right direction and to me it is very playable with mods at the moment.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Do you have links to the specific mods you used? I'd like to get into this again with those same settings.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Yep, through Steam.
02325CB8-2C0B-4B28-B831-999506DC5DA9.jpeg

sorry for the shitty pic but this was the fastest way for me to do it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If the game requires that many mods to be "OK", still a hard pass and I'll keep enjoying WH2 until Mortal Empires. Nothing in the patches made me think the game was going to be enjoyable all of a sudden. Sad times.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Blog post today.

--

Not really much to it of interest, except for this.

WHAT’S NEW IN IMMORTAL EMPIRES?​

Immortal Empires is much more than the sum of each game’s content smashed together into a larger map. Rather, the new game mode offers a variety of new features and approaches to the combined battlefield:

• Access all 86 Legendary Lords from all three Total War: WARHAMMER titles.
  • Be’Lakor is now a Legendary Lord with his own faction.
  • Dedicated factions for a number of the older Legendary Lords, including: Grombrindal, Helman Ghorst, and Volkmar the Grim.
  • New starting locations for 29 of the older Legendary Lords.
  • Improved personal faction mechanics for a selection of the older Legendary Lords (such as Volkmar the Grim).
  • A new ‘Sea Lanes’ feature, which allow you to move armies between distant lands and continents—from one side of the map to the other—without leapfrogging them all the way across the map.
  • New dynamic end-game scenarios: randomised mid- to late-game challenges we’re introducing to challenge the late-game steamroll—where the player is so powerful that there’s little-to-no challenge left and less of a reason to complete the campaign. Think Greenskin invasions or resurgences of the undead, as a few examples…
  • Revamped victory conditions. Most players don’t end up finishing campaigns, and we want to give them better reasons—and a greater level of satisfaction—for doing so. As such, we’ve simplified the victory requirements into more meaningful objectives while avoiding any arbitrary playstyle requirements.
  • Corruption rework. Players will have new tools for spreading (or reducing) corruption through more active usage of their armies. Small amounts of natural reduction will also be available to uncorrupted factions.
  • 8-player multiplayer campaigns. And as a bonus, only the host of an Immortal Empires multiplayer campaign needs to own all three games. Friends who only own WARHAMMER III will still be able to join the campaign, though their Legendary Lord choices will (naturally) be limited to the ones they own.
As you can see, on top of the enormous collection of content, there are plenty of new features and improvements on the way, including a new lease on life for many of the older Legendary Lords! (We’ll be talking about each of these points in the weeks to come, so watch out for more deep dives into them in the future.)

---

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Sea lanes are top of my interest list.

Willing to wait till it's all purtied up. Haven't lost the faith yet.

• 1Solidarity

Muurloen

The slow drip is real. Trying really hard not to get hyped about IME so I am not disappointed if it is a failure.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Fuuuuuck yeah, glad we're likely going to see Ind and Khuresh at some point. Just wish they'd do Araby.

Muurloen

Not a IME Blog post.

However this is good:

UNIT RESPONSIVENESS​

Several changes have been made to improve unit responsiveness in the game: from how units navigate settlement entrances and react to retreat orders, as well as how large units and heroes interact via synced animations.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users