Transformers 4: Baylicious

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Went to the theater to see the first Transformer movie, saw the 2nd on TV.....and that was it.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
And they will keep making it. Especially since the drama queens here who act like they just watched the worst thing in their life and had to suffer for 2 hours through some horrible torture will still buy tickets and go watch the next one, while complaining about the same torture.
My nephews wanted to see it, that's the ONLY reason why I went to see this abortion in the theaters. Personally, I'd rather have jumper cables hooked up to my balls...

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
And they will keep making it. Especially since the drama queens here who act like they just watched the worst thing in their life and had to suffer for 2 hours through some horrible torture will still buy tickets and go watch the next one, while complaining about the same torture.
Haven't paid to see the last three and not paying to see any transformers movie with Bay's name on it.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
can't wait to see Megatron back in action in #5... just hope it can live up to the 4th one.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Hey guys, not only did I only pay for the first movie, but I went back in time and redid it all to make sure that I could say I never gave that jerkface Michael Bay any money for any movie ever! Also, I don't ever steal movies, but I've seen this one without paying for it, and I'm outraged that it is so bad!

P.S. I haven't seen this movie.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Movie was awesomly bad from what I saw, definitely going to get drunk and watch with friends. The car off the ten story building onto a perfectly placed ramp was amazing

Agraza

Registered Hutt
If you like 1-3, you'll like 4.

I was looking forward to the montage of optimus getting repaired, but they robbed the audience of a magical experience with a 4 second event.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I've never been a Transformers fan, didn't see the original cartoons as they weren't much of a thing here in Europe back then, but I thought Transformers 1 was decent despite the obvious flaws (mostly Shia, Megan Fox scenes where she is doing anything but showing her ass, and the terrible humor).

I absolutely loathed Transformers 2, which destroyed any expectations I could have had for Transformers 3. Surprisingly, I ended up disliking Transformers 3 anyway despite the low expectations.

So I had no intention to go see Transformers 4 but my wife decided otherwise because she has the hots for big robots...

Anyway, long story short, I was dragged to the theater, I expected to be once again utterly disgusted by this movie, and it was bad yes but it was better than 2 and 3. Not as "fresh" as 1 obviously, I think the design of the robots is very uninspired now but this movie had a lot less dumb humor (still some but funny enough the comic relief characters tend to die immediately in this movie).

Mark Whalberg was leaps and bounds better than Shia, and I thought he was not annoying at all which is quite a feat when you're in a Bay movie. Even the daughter and the boyfriend seemingly had some use despite a couple bad scenes.

The main issue with the movie was the plot that made absolutely no sense and went all over the place, and the movie itself was too long.

I now rank these movies as 1-4-3-. Because 2 doesn't exist. I can't say I really recommend this movie because it was not good by any means, but it was not as bad as I'd figured by reading the comments here so make up your own mind.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK, one problem I have (I know.. you're asking.. "Only one?!?!" but work with me here.)

When Optimus pulls the "I must go, my planet needs me" moment. He flys off with the seed. Does this mean Optimus is capable of FTL travel in space? WTH?!? If transformers are capable of that why did they need to build spaceships?

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
It's been very inconsistent in the movies anyway. The first and second movies showed the Autobots and Decepticons arriving on Earth in "metal asteroid" forms, we never saw any use of a ship though the Fallen lives in orbit in a ship. Then the third movie had the ships crashed on the Moon and another ship hidden on Earth, then the fourth movies shows only those big ass ships and for some reason Optimus can now travel through space in non-asteroid form.

It's like they don't care about the plot!
rolleyes.png

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Every autobot, decepticon, dinobot, and whateverbot in this movie is a trigger happy retard, except for Optimus and and the one autobot that dies at the beginning.

These super advanced robotic lifeforms acting like retards really kill this movie for me. It dehumanizes the robots and turns them into cartoon characters that we don't really care about if they die. I think they need to go opposite way next movie and make us actually care if the autobots live are die.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Soo, just got around to watching a torrent of this. Expectations were low after reading all the reviews.

One thing that bothered me that hasn't been mentioned was the driver / bf of the daughter was supposed to be Irish, right? He was even called "lucky charms" on a couple occasions by Wahlberg. The actor was speaking in a straight-up Australian accent. What really makes zero sense is that the actor was US born but moved to and studied in Ireland. I am confused as fuck to why he didn't sound Irish AT ALL in the movie.

Just one of those stupid niggling things that drove me nuts on top of all the other glaring issues with this movie.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I had nothing better to do so I Redboxed this movie tonight. I had heard already that the Dinobots were barely in the thing and didn't even speak so I wasn't expecting much out of this film...

That having been said there were at least 5 different plots in this movie, some of which were in direct opposition to each other and the characters were all over the freaking map in terms of personality or motivation.

Wahlberg is a decent actor, but he sucked here. I blame the script for having one character be 1) nerdy inventor 2) teenage accidental dad / over protective dad 3) former football jock 4) crack-shot warrior and quite possibly a few other personalities at the same time. Can characters be more than one note? Absolutely, but in this case I did not buy it.

There were too many antagonists and despite a nearly 3 hour running time almost nothing makes sense. Transformium is amazingly versatile and awesome in its dynamic properties until such a time when the plot needs it to just be giant robot parts at which point it just falls apart. The Seed was a serious McGuffin and at no point is it explained why the hell Lockdown is on Earth in the first place and how exactly the CIA made a deal with him.

It seems everyone in charge is a completely scenery chewing bumbling idiot, with the exception of the Chinese Central Government in Beijing which we take time out of the movie to consult and then have them commit to saving Hong Kong at all costs. The whole sequence just screamed of being a concession to Beijing in exchange for the production of and marketing of the movie in China. Thank goodness I didn't spend more than $1.69 on this.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Did you just refer to mark wahlburg as a decent actor? I don't even...