True Blood

[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
fuj32CbJSWl5UldUNWFa0xDW93.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]True Blood[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2008-09-07[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]True Blood is an American television drama series created and produced by Alan Ball. It is based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries series of novels by Charlaine Harris, detailing the co-existence of vampires and humans in Bon Temps, a fictional, small town in northwestern Louisiana. The series centers on the adventures of Sookie Stackhouse, a telepathic waitress with an otherworldly quality.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

I fiquired start thread so we can comment on how much more Retarded this show has gotten.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Couldn't get through the first few episodes of this show. I have no idea how people are still watching it. Is it just filling the void left by Twilight?

Couldn't get through the first few episodes of this show. I have no idea how people are still watching it. Is it just filling the void left by Twilight?
I am in the same Boat, just DVR and fast forward to watch few parts more out of boredom as well as Comedy, its not even campy anymore its just stupid.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I fiquired start thread so we can comment on how much more Retarded this show has gotten.

Cheers.
Ugh. If you hate it so much, do you really need to make a thread? Either you

1) Are trying to get attention

or

2) In fact love this show but dont want admit it on RR to be met by ridicule.

Either way, UGH.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I like the show for what it is. Vampires. Making fun of the South. Random T&A. Lots of good actors making the best of really awful writing.

The books are better, and now they're done.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The only reasons to watch this show are, Eric Northman(whom they almost ruined), Jason Stackhouse(his level of "airhead" is goddamn hilarious, at times), and TNA. Mostly the TNA.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I caught the 'last season summary' thing on HBO earlier today while I was doing my laundry. I forgot just how 'full retard' they went last season. This show is really bad, but I enjoy watching it and making fun of it, much like The Walking Dead.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
How people watch this but rank on Vampire Diaries i'll never understand.
Ive watched up until last season with my wife, never even heard of Vampire diaries until I passed it on Netflix. Its rated well, so you are saying its GOOD or BETTER THAN TRUE BLOOD?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
The only reason I ever watched this show was because it was a guaranteed BJ from my ex. That was the earlier seasons. Current girlfriend could care less, so no reward BJs = no watching it for me.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ive watched up until last season with my wife, never even heard of Vampire diaries until I passed it on Netflix. Its rated well, so you are saying its GOOD or BETTER THAN TRUE BLOOD?
No god dam comparison. VD starts slow but by episodes 10 you should be well sucked in for a few seasons. TB is just terrible story wise and VD has a great cast and awesome story. Its easily the only vamp anything worth watching.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
No god dam comparison. VD starts slow but by episodes 10 you should be well sucked in for a few seasons. TB is just terrible story wise and VD has a great cast and awesome story. Its easily the only vamp anything worth watching.
Pretty much this. Stefan and Elena's relationship is pretty Twilight-ish at the beginning, but other than that Vampire Diaries is pretty fucking solid. The teen romancey drama is a bit heavy at times, but the characters and cast are top-notch, and you can tell the writers (mostly) really think shit out with the various plot-lines, instead of making up random retarded shit as they go. Not to mention some amazing dialogue. That being said, Damon Salvatore totally carries the show. My biggest gripe is the witches. Too much use of them and their magic as deus ex machina.

I watched all of True Blood last year and mainly stuck with it for the same reason as others, had a couple characters I liked and it's fun as shit to mock. But TVD is totally streets ahead of TB. The first season starts a little slow while they set things up, but it really starts to shine in the second. Think of it kinda like if Anne Rice had written Twilight, back when she still wrote good shit.