True Detective

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Well yeah, he was a bit off. Whether he still knew right from wrong would be decided by a psychiatrist. He seemed plenty rational dealing with Velcoro at the station. Planning to kill someone doesn't make you a psychopath. Acting on it doesn't make you a psychopath. It doesn't even necessarily make you a bad person. There are plenty of justifications that are even legally accepted such as working for the military. Kid had nothing and no one and he worked with what he had. Pretty smart to use the perv mask to hide his identity, but being angry and smart isn't sufficient to make you crazy or deranged.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Finished it yesterday. I enjoyed it somehow. John Carter should have just sucked dicks and be happy. The weird dialgoue just gave me a David Lynch feeling and I didnt bother me that much.

I want a standalone with Nails though with him doing Gangsterstuff and talking nonsense only.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, in merrith world we overlook the mime and bird costumes he was wearing and the grizzly torture/murders he committed in the name of revenge, yes thats completely normal behavior, i heard merrith dressed up as donald duck last week because he ran into an old boyfriend from back in the early 90s who had a bad experince at disneyworld with Mickey in a public bathroom. poor merrith, he led a normal life, owned a nice house in the valley, a successful career in the film industry, but threw it all away because Mickey and Goofy had to pay for what happened!

at least Sleepers was logical, they bumped into their rapist and spur of the moment shot him dead then and there, they didnt need to wear ridiculous costumes either. just boom and done.

lets keep this circular argument going til one of us (you) gives up
I have to give up, your arguments don't make any sense. It's like arguing with a woman. Or a psycho.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Killing was Casper was always personal, all of the season was spent trying to get this point across to you.

For some reason you think blowing a dudes dick off and gouging his eyes out wasnt something personal. Even with Franks death you and others assumes it was the same killer when anyone paying attention said no or wait for the story to play out
I've ripped on Astro plenty in other threads, and it's certainly fun to do so I hate to take that away from anyone, but it makes you look like the retard when you're fucking wrong and he was one of the first to call it as a revenge/personal killing:

hmm, looks like a revenge killing for sure....
So, yeah, you waited the season out to found out Astro was right all along despite you calling him dumb when you're the one who is wrong on this. How's it feel to be worse than Astro at watching a tv show and posting about it?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well yeah, he was a bit off. Whether he still knew right from wrong would be decided by a psychiatrist. He seemed plenty rational dealing with Velcoro at the station. Planning to kill someone doesn't make you a psychopath. Acting on it doesn't make you a psychopath. It doesn't even necessarily make you a bad person. There are plenty of justifications that are even legally accepted such as working for the military. Kid had nothing and no one and he worked with what he had. Pretty smart to use the perv mask to hide his identity, but being angry and smart isn't sufficient to make you crazy or deranged.
you overlook the mime outfit and ritualistic torture and murder. i get the revenge part, it was obvious from the start, but there is getting revenge on somebody and then there is decimating them into bits and melting their face with acid then driving around all day with their corpse propped up in the backseat of your car and then dressing up as a chicken and shooting somebody and then painting yourself up as a mime and torching the aforementioned car.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Don't understand the obsession with nude scenes - tits are literally all over the internet, what's so amazing about seeing them on TV?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
They're better on TV. It's like finding money when you weren't looking for it. TV tits are special because they are rare.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I just finished this season. Here are my comments.

Great to see Paul walker back in action. Playing a closeted ex marine was very good. I was very surprised to how good he acted, i believed he was gay.

However Vince Vaughn I never believed he was a gangster.

Since his comedy is done without changing the tone of voice, i was expecting him to just say something funny. Really a turn off. I could tell he was really trying and acting properly, I just couldn't separate him from his comedian persona. I guess is a side effect of the voice thing. For example when Jim Carrey or Will Ferrell, does a serious roles they don't use they comedic tone. See sunshine of the spotless mind, and stranger than fiction for an example.

Maybe giving him a scar, or forced him to speak in a different voice, would have helped. He literally sound the same as in the motorboat scene, as in when talking to his girl about his life plans and his design.

Rache adams carried the series, much better than Colin Farrell, however farrell didn't do a bad job.

I would rate them as: Rachel > (Colin = Paul Walker) > Vince.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just finished watching this. I prefer to "binge" watch True Detective, so I waited a while.

I thought it was damn good television. I wouldn't call it worse, nor better than S1, just "different". I thought Vaughn did a really good job, honestly. Sure, his scenes with red were pretty cringe-worthy, but his "gangster" stuff was great. The only criticisms I have for this season were how many cliches seemed to be used - red shirt cops, spec ops shootouts from guys who were sheriff's deputies and small-time mobsters just a few years prior, Russian "mafia", etc. Also, some of the dialogue was pretty off-putting, but some of it was so hilariously bad that it has made its way into my circle of friends. If one of them makes a stupid ass play in something like Heroes of the Storm or an MMO, I'll always come back with the line, "Sometimes your worst self..is your best self!". Cracks me up every time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The show was so bad that even the 'would-be' epically-horrible-quotable dialogue has been forgotten already.

We are all at the point of pretending this shit never happened and content to never bring it up again.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
The show was so bad that even the 'would-be' epically-horrible-quotable dialogue has been forgotten already.

We are all at the point of pretending this shit never happened and content to never bring it up again.
Reminds me of Halloween 3 : Season of the witch, Superman 3, Star Wars 1-3, etc.

Forget it and try again.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Was hoping for some news on Season 3 being confirmed, but instead it seems HBO's President is taking blame for Season 2, saying it was his fault he rushed Pizzalotto into getting season 2 out the door, acknowledge that it needed more time to come to fruition, and are now allegedly forcing Pizzalatte to either bring on other writers or be replaced for a season 3.

I dunno, all very awkward since nobody noticed any shift in quality between season 1 and 2 and nobody seemed to care or point out the situation the HBO President is taking responsibility for. Right?

Very confusing article about nothing anyone notice or pointed out in Season 2.

So, who do you guys think the new cast will be for season 3? And what about the prospect of a new writer?!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Took me like 6 months to watch the finale of this. What a terrible piece of shit season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if they're dead set on a season 3. Everyone involved seemed pretty noncommittal about a third season after season 2.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Cast and even the director changed from season 1 to 2, so doesn't take everyone from season 2 to be commital to have a season 3.

Sounds to me like the President of HBO was doing things out of hunger. He probably even eats when he's hungry. What a pity.