True Detective

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Something tells me Pizzarolli or whatever the fuck was an unbearable faggot.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I chalked up the crap writing to the shorter turn around and Nick trying to do it all.
Indahresting.

Hey, do you still have me on ignore because you got so bothered by me saying those exact things at the beginning of season 2? Sorry it took you 7 more Episodes and 10 more months for your grand insight to finally happen. Shame they aren't coming back for season 3, though, as season 2 was just about to get good, right guys?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Kind of surprising that it just took one lackluster season to kill the show.

You'd think the first season would have at least bought another season or two. There are some absolutely fucking terrible shows that last longer than two seasons.
I don't think it was the lackluster season 2 that did it so much as the realization they couldn't ever capture the magic of season 1 again. You can't take the magic of a project that was a labor of love for everyone involved who worked on it for years and duplicate that by just generally casting some biggish names, having your writer bang out a script in 7 months and plug in a new director every few episodes. Even given more time, it seems they didn't want to proceed with another season, which makes me think it's not that they couldn't, but they just knew it was going to suck, and continuing to produce shit because there's a lot of shit produced is kind of the opposite mentality of what brought about season 1.

The real question is whether Pizzalotto was really the genius behind season 1 or if he was just propped up by so many other great efforts. It seems he tried to shoulder the burden of season 2 and it didn't go so well. Curious if he'll ever be behind something great again or just kinda have his one hit and fade away.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Didn't Pizzarolls work on season 1's story for like 10 years?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The real question is whether Pizzalotto was really the genius behind season 1 or if he was just propped up by so many other great efforts.
You answered it yourself really.

The S1 story was something he worked on and fine tuned for years. It was worth bringing to the screen, for which they did some great casting and hired an exceptional director to make happen. They needed to do at least as well in those two departments for his follow up work to come close to equaling the success of that first season, and they didn't. If he has another S1 type of effort in him it will probably take him years to polish it to that level and I don't expect we'll find out one way or the other.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Indahresting.

Hey, do you still have me on ignore because you got so bothered by me saying those exact things at the beginning of season 2? Sorry it took you 7 more Episodes and 10 more months for your grand insight to finally happen. Shame they aren't coming back for season 3, though, as season 2 was just about to get good, right guys?
I don't have you on ignore. You are just an insufferable faggot. The writing was bad I stated as much in the thread.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't have you on ignore. You are just an insufferable faggot. The writing was bad I stated as much in the thread.
rbdWv.gif

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
You are just an insufferable faggot.
Indeed.

Just for argument sake, is it possible that season 1 just had better production, more passion, more pre-time, more engaged actors, etc, etc, etc, and that's what made season 1 more interesting?
Bingo. Nic Pizzolatto took his time when he wrote the first season of True Detective. Something that brilliant must have taken a long time to write, with plenty of edits and rewrites along the way. Then it's a huge success and HBO throws a shit load of money at him and tell them they need another season, but instead of being able to take his time and do it right, they give him a few months to complete it so they can start filming. Not really his fault, but proof that you should never rush genius.
Unbelievable that these kind of comments are being made 2 episodes in.

Because everyone was applauding the first season and giving it awards and critical acclaim 2 episodes in.
Exactly. People forget so quickly.
It doesn't seem so unbelievable now that people were making very specific comments on the contrasting quality of the seasons after only 2 episodes? Criticism you were so opposed to at the time you sunk to such depths as to agree with Jozu, a certifiable retard too dumb to realize plenty of people were actually praising Season 1 from the very first episode? Of course, in retrospect, the very specific criticism of season 2 turned out to be quite valid.... and now that it's the popular opinion you yourself are agreeing with.

I'm sorry you can't manage an informed opinion until it's the popular one, and sure pointing that out makes me insufferable, but you sir seem to me to be the faggot.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you. Shut up Popsicledeath. Stop making every conversation about this show about you.
Sorry. You're right. I guess it's better late than never that some of you are finally having the conversation others started so long ago. It's a good one, so I'll bow out and let you all finally have it
wink.png

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
It doesn't surprise me that it would take Chanur that long to realize he's wrong. He's one of the sandy vagina book douche nozzle brigade that cries like a bitch every week while watching GOT. If you bash GOT, and defend season 2 of True Detective, you're not only a faggot, you're the very definition of the word.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
It doesn't surprise me that it would take Chanur that long to realize he's wrong. He's one of the sandy vagina book douche nozzle brigade that cries like a bitch every week while watching GOT. If you bash GOT, and defend season 2 of True Detective, redundant.
K.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
It doesn't surprise me that it would take Chanur that long to realize he's wrong. He's one of the sandy vagina book douche nozzle brigade that cries like a bitch every week while watching GOT. If you bash GOT, and defend season 2 of True Detective, you're not only a faggot, you're the very definition of the word.
No surprise you are wrong about this like everything else you have ever posted. I really enjoy GoT and complained about one scene they made worse for no real reason. Also I defended some individual performances in season 2 and said the writing was poor. Please carry on being terrible though.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
No surprise you are wrong about this like everything else you have ever posted. I really enjoy GoT and complained about one scene they made worse for no real reason. Also I defended some individual performances in season 2 and said the writing was poor. Please carry on being terrible though.
They took out two sentences from the Tower of Joy scene and you cried like a bitch. You also white knighted for True Detective season 2 for several episodes, even when everyone else had already admitted it was shit.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
You have now made more posts about that scene than I did. You are completely retarded.