True Detective

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Remember that the original play about the yellow king was never resolved. They never revealed who the yellow king was. So if this story is following suite, chances are we are not going to find out who the yellow king is.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Could someone link that article please?
Emily Nussbaum: The Shallowness of : The New Yorker

Khor beat me to it. Essentially she's saying all the women in the show are flat...well duh, the show is focused almost exclusively on the main characters. Then she compares it to a show where the main character is a woman, to show how women are written well. (Yeah, that's a fair comparison--the exlcusive character in one show, vs the reoccurring side characters in this show.)

I think the worst part though is she intimates the female characters are flat and undeveloped purely because they are women---Because, you know, cliche characters like the asshole major, or the drunk cops or the disillusioned preacher are all deep characters, amirite? (Shit I mean even the killer was an intentional cliche of what we view "bad men" to be, tattooed up, imposing giant men) I hate when people ignore an obviously stronger unifying theme (IE side characters aren't developed) and instead go for their own flawed themes to push their agendas (IE females aren't developed.)

Edit: Anyway, she was obviously shooting for clicks. She took the hottest thing out and of course tried to be contradictory just to set herself apart. Predictable, but still annoying.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They dont even allow comments on that article, what type of shitty organization is that? Fuck that place! (Yes I know what New Yorker is)

khalid

Unelected Mod
After reading it, I apologize for asking for the link. That shit was horrible and I feel bad for sending them more pageviews.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So aside from Tad shitting up the thread claiming a mustache and longer hair could make a well known hero cop unrecognizable to the very people he was investigating...the biggest story with the show is how they're going to tie all this shit up in 2 episodes. I'm expecting some big reveal regarding Hart's daughter once he sees whatever video Rust is going to show him. They really need to set the stage for the finale well, I'm not sure how it's going to end but I don't know if I can imagine a satisfying one unless it's Rust absolutely kicking the shit out of the Yellow King at the end of the finale and telling him he should kill himself if he gets the opportunity.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I do have a hard time thinking how they will resolve all this in 2 episodes. If it is some wideranging conspiracy, I don't see how it happens at all. Unless it has a "bad" ending, where the ending is Cohle getting framed and the audience knowing the Yellow King or the cult is free.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
7dae7y9.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
People said the same shit about Breaking Bad when it has one episode left. Shit, the same with Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones. The last two episodes of a season usually have a lot happening. With Boardwalk Empire, the last two episodes of season three covered an entire fucking mob war.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What are we supposed to be deducting from that image exactly? Please, let me into your genius intellect because I'm too stupid to understand.