True Detective

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Of all the female actors I honestly think she has the best chance of pulling something decent off in this universe. She always plays broody moody characters and plays the bitch very well.

I could see her playing the privileged daughter of the racist police chief. Struggling to work with the black FBI agent assigned to some case in her town.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This news title is very misleading when you read the article :

Recent rumors have stated series creator Nic Pizzolatto was seeking a female-driven cast for Season 2 of the hit HBO series, and now today, Nerdist has learned exclusively one of the names that may be on the bill in 2015: Jessica Chastain.
"learned exclusively one of the names that may be on the bill" means "we are doing educated guesses out of Google and call it exclusive news".

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Calm down, He-man Woman Haters. She is a great actor and has been in a lot of quality roles, she would kick ass in this I am sure.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Female characters can't possibly be good in a lead role. That's why nobody liked Aliens or Kill Bill.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
True Detective with female leads:
195919_015.jpg

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It doesn't matter who they cast, s2 is doomed to be a letdown initially and then years later gain new appreciation.

Of course, I'm referring to The Wire here.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
?True Detective? Season 2 Will Have Three Leads, California Setting

In a recent interview with public radio program ?To the Best of Our Knowledge,? Pizzolatto revealed that in the new season?s current form, ?we?re working with three leads. It takes place in California ? not Los Angeles, but some of the much lesser known venues of California ? and we?re going to try to capture a certain psychosphere ambiance of the place, much like we did in season one.?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nah, two of the leads will be married so their home life can be covered as if it were one character.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm thinking either northern CA or Central Valley if it's going to be a non-typical setting. It could be Fresno! My guess is Bakersfield.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Season 2 is destined to disappoint unless they wrestle the expectations down to something manageable.... that's gonna be impossible if season one wrecks shit at the emmys around the time HBO needs to start promoting it, which it almost certainly will.

They could have Brad Pitt playing a pinkerton agent chasing shub-niggurath in a Joss Whedon-directed western/noir season and it would STILL struggle uphill unless the hype dies down a bit.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty much, the performance of the two leads is what made this shine because the story/writing, while interesting, wasn't what made the show a success.