True Detective

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've never even heard of Rampart. Not worth checking out, I take it?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I wouldn't call Rampart "terrible" per se, but the trailer was so good it had me hyped up for the movie, and I was pretty disappointed when it just kind of sputtered out.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've never even heard of Rampart. Not worth checking out, I take it?
It's an "experience", like "how badly you can fuck a movie production with on-the-fly writing, no actor direction and fanboy cinematography". It's pretty bad, Harrelson is on the loose (and probably high / drunk) most of the time, the director changed lenses / cameras during filming to mimic Michael Mann's Collateral, there is no obvious script / writing and they did ahorrible PR campaignon Reddit, trying to promote the film. The movie islooselybased onRampart Scandal. Harrelson is a nice actor and the film setup isn't bad, but it was both poorly made and sold.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I hope I am wrong but....

I, think Matthew Mc will end up being the killer and not know it until later. Drugs fucking him all up. Not sleeping. Being "one with the universe", etc. He knows certain things cause he did them but doesn't remember due to the drugs.

Then flash forward to 2012 and he killed again because he remembers and couldn't get it out of his system or some such shit. Would explain the new investigation and how Woody says something along the lines of,"Your looking to trip someone up".

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I hope I am wrong but....

I, think Matthew Mc will end up being the killer and not know it until later. Drugs fucking him all up. Not sleeping. Being "one with the universe", etc. He knows certain things cause he did them but doesn't remember due to the drugs.

Then flash forward to 2012 and he killed again because he remembers and couldn't get it out of his system or some such shit. Would explain the new investigation and how Woody says something along the lines of,"Your looking to trip someone up".

I would be very very disappointed in the integrity of the show's creators, writers, and cast if some amateur level bullshit like that happened

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Just watched the first two episodes. Have not followed thread. Wow. Just Wow. (tm 2012 - 2013)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't think you really need to spoiler that, Wuyley; unless you're one of the show's writers.

That said, I would be pretty disappointed if they go that route.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, "the killer doesn't know he's the killer" is right up there with "the whole thing was a dream" for terrible plot resolutions.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, "the killer doesn't know he's the killer" is right up there with "the whole thing was a dream" for terrible plot resolutions.
Yup. Right out of Adaptation.

This show will be much better than that. I'm still hoping for the Robert Chambers / HP Lovecraft thing to pay off. I don't want a supernatural show, but I'd love to see it played straight as a cult type thing.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Thoughts on it being the creepy Priest with ties to the senator(Brother-in-law or cousin I think)? Motive could be purging evil, bla bla bla.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Great outake music on 2nd episode, Kingdom of Heaven by 13th Floor Elevators.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Thoughts on it being the creepy Priest with ties to the senator(Brother-in-law or cousin I think)? Motive could be purging evil, bla bla bla.
Also really cliche. I'll agree with the rest that we probably haven't met the killer yet. It's not really a Who-dun-it show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
those tits were glorious, it more than made up for the extra slow paced episode. how many episodes in this season? 10? so basically we will find out by ep 5 who the killer is and by ep 7 or 8 we see them "solve" the case? the last 2 will be saved for the resolution of the real/copycat antler murderer?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
8, there is some teen male they keep showing in the opening credits and he was there in next weeks preview. Curious to see his role in all this.

The minister, gov's bro in law, must he involved. That higher up investigating task force is there to make sure the dots do not get connected.

Whoever posted those tits will sag in her 30's doesn't know tits.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think worse would just be the fact that the run down looking guy is the killer. He's got a creepy vibe, and I'd be disappointed if he were the killer.

And those tits will absolutely be saggy by her 30's. What are you talking about?