True Detective

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I wouldn't binge this show. One episode every 1-2 nights is good. Savor it.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Insider info from Hollywood Life tabloid. It's as credible as Pacino doing Scarface prequel in a Terrence Malik flick produced by both John Waters and Disney.

Since we're into rumours and anticipation, how about Jodie Foster, Charlize Theron and Michael Shannon dwelling into 1985' Los Angeles metro rail / underground society. Both Jane Fonda and Jimmy Smits are rumoured as guests. James Ellroy (LA Confidential, American Tabloid) is also rumoured as doing some writing / consulting. Sam Rockwell seemed interested about "doing some epic tv stuff", but he isn't linked to the project right now.

Jodie would make sense, she has nothing in the tubes since Elysium, Sharlize only has 3 projects for the next 2 years (including that Mad Max reboot) and Michael is getting free from Boardwalk Empire while having 2 other projects in 2014. True Detective's creator Nick Pizzolatoo already said(True Detective) season 2 will be about "hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system."Both Smits and Fonda are pretty close to the tv shows sphere since Fonda was in HBO's The Newsroom and Smits was in a lot of tv shows (NYPD Blue, The West Wing, Sons of Anarchy). James Ellroy had ups and downs as a film writer, he co-wrote LA Confidential movie and also Street Kings, Rampart (with Woody Harrelson) and Dark Blue. Main problem when working with Ellroy tv show wise is that the guy doesn't seem to give a fuck about anything, therefore you'd end up shooting some track with 150 extras and live street scene with lots of props and effects just because the guy wrote a 1.9s scene on a 1h length product.

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
Watched it, loved it, I can't believe how often I laughed at the dialogue from the first episodes, the chemistry between the 2 characters is so great.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
i heard matthew and woody are irl great buds and they had a blast working together, maybe that's the magic formula? 2 irl buddies.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i heard matthew and woody are irl great buds and they had a blast working together, maybe that's the magic formula? 2 irl buddies.
Interesting.
rrr_img_63604.jpg

rrr_img_63605.jpg