TV Show Cancellation/Renewal 2014

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Only slightly more cancellations than usual, honestly, and most of that was due to the comedy pileups at NBC and ABC, as expected.

The only shows I am bummed about are 30 Rock, which had a good, long run, and Last Resort, which I ultimately found underwhelming.
This whole year was underwhelming for television. If it weren't for Hannibal sneaking in at nearly the end of the season, this likely would've been the first year in quite a while where there was no new shows I cared about getting renewed. Revolution is the only new show I've stuck with, and I really wouldn't have been the least bit upset if it got cancelled.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Well, I was talking quantity of shows canceled point of view, not show quality. (Though the number of new shows killed was higher than usual - again, see the ABC and NBC comedy pileups.)

Quality wise, yeah, I can't disagree with you. Vegas, Revolution, Last Resort, and Elementary were OK at best; none of the new comedies grabbed me. Of returning shows, all put out seasons that weren't their best, though Justified was close. (Disclaimer: It's too early to tell for GoT and Mad Men, and Breaking Bad doesn't start for months.)

And while it's clearly early, I'm not getting positive vibes from the new shows either. The drama I'm most interested in*... is a Person of Interest clone where the hero had a chip in his head that lets him read emails and hear phone calls. Wooo? (Okay, The Blacklist, where a criminal mastermind turns himself in and ruins the operations of other criminals for some future purposecouldbe okay.) Comedy-wise, I am looking forward to Brooklyn 99... but because the staff is so shared with Parks & Rec, you have to think Parks suffers as a result.

Honestly, I am beginning to think the situation is the same as the movie industry - there's too much product. There's only so many good writers and charismatic actors out there, and instead of being concentrated in 4 networks worth of shows, they are spread out to 5 broadcast networks, 20 cable networks, and an increasing number of online entities. Overall quality drops as a result.

*Obviously, SHIELD is such a given I'm not including it.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought elementary was good and actually preferred it over the Sherlock series after how annoying Moriarty

kidgamer_sl

shitlord
ABC Renews ?The Neighbors?, ?The Middle?, ?Last Man Standing?, Modern Family?, ?Once Upon A Time?, ?Revenge?, ?Suburgatory?, ?Scandal? ?Grey?s Anatomy?, Castle?, ?Nashville?(source)

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/270...rn-next-season

Pretty good list here so far.
Just wish it covered basic cable shows a bit more.
Pretty good list, though off the top of my head they missed that CBS picked up the comedy "We Are Men".

As to the current limbo shows:
The Cleveland Show - Fox has officially stated that they are not ordering any more episodes, which in the world of animation means the show is dead.. until it isn't. (See Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama.) It almost certainly won't be on the air next season.

Hannibal - This is actually an international production that NBC gets for cheap. The ratings aren't good, but it's so cheap that it could get a second chance. No one knows at this point.

As to cable:
1) Most of them don't have upfront meetings next week, so they don't have to make decisions now.
2) In addition, they may pick up some of the failed pilots now, which could change the rest of the lineup.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hannibal - This is actually an international production that NBC gets for cheap. The ratings aren't good, but it's so cheap that it could get a second chance. No one knows at this point.
I saw some talk of it being moved to Friday, which would make sense if they renew it. Friday nights aren't heavily contested and don't really need the highest ratings, which led to moderate successes on the night for NBC with Chuck and Grimm. I just hope NBC tries it on another night before pulling the plug. The timeslot they currently have it in has been the most difficult timeslot for NBC since ER ended in 2009. It'd suck for a good show to get cancelled because they didn't realize the problem with it was just the crappy timeslot.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Updated list in OP with most current info I saw. Didn't add any shows just updated everything that was unclear. Hannibal seems to be the last thing with no word.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Just watched the finale of Vegas, there's much worse shite on tv but I suppose that cast and amount of work to make it look period etc wouldn't have come cheap. Stupid fucked up modern telly system
frown.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well if it was a brit show it would have taken place in england and only have been 6 episodes, maybe.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
I hope Happy Endings gets picked up by another channel... I thought it was funny. Airing two episodes back-to-back made it clear they were going to cancel it, though.
frown.png

Cybsled

Warehouse is being renewed for a short 6 episode final season, which will be it's last.

Which means they will get fucked over like Eureka and just get an hour to wrap stuff up, if that ;P Fucking Syfy. "Derp, we need to make more 'Haunted Outhouses' and 'Paranormal Grocerystore' shows!"

Goatface

even the ghost shows are starting to fail on syfy, but their costs still have to be next to nothing. not looked into it, but wonder if dvr/vod/rips effect scifi more than other shows.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The entire network should have been nuked from orbit the second they changed the name to "Syfy".