Twin Peaks

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I didn't know the Log Lady actress actually died a couple of years ago. Lynch must have had this in the works for a while if he shot a bunch of scenes with her before she was gone.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Man, that's what made that part so rough. Imagine shooting a scene about your character dying while you're actually dying.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally caught up after doing a 9 episode marathon a couple of days ago and it seems like theirs some Lynch bucket list film making, "Network wouldn't let me do long scenes of nothing? I'll show you long scenes of nothing...". I'm glad to see some of the story threads are finally coming together though I still feel like I need to watch a detailed breakdown after this finishes, especially with ep8.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i don't see how all this can get wrapped up in three more episodes.

also, i'm incredibly disappointed that we still have Dougie instead of Coop. hopefully him electrocuting himself at the end of the last episode brings back real Coop.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Lynch lost me this time around several episodes ago. At this point I wouldn't be able to tell it everything is wrapped up at the end or not. I've stuck around mainly to see what musical acts he rolls out every episode and to see just how long he blue balls us with Dougie. Was also hoping Gordon would make it back to Twin Peaks at some point and cross paths with Shelly again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So glad to be wrong about Audrey, that was fucking awesome. All of it.

• 1Solidarity

Fedor

<Banned>
5xdqmsojrdiz.jpg

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So obviously the real Coop was in there the whole time, but couldn't wake up - he kept all his memories of his Dougie time, arranged to have a new Dougie constructed, the whole nine yards.

God when he woke up and started tearing hospital shit off, and talking in that Cooper cadence, I was losing my shit. Literally yelling with glee at the TV. It took SO goddamn long but that was a worthwhile payoff - I just wished it had happened like 6 episodes ago.

• 1Solidarity

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So Diane, I guess that Bad Cooper raped/killed her back in the day and replaced her with a bot? That Naido in the jail cell is actually the real Diane? Weird.

Also, given the revelation about who Richard Horne's father is and the Audrey thing, pretty much confirms the "Bad Cooper raped her in a coma" theory, which is disturbing.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wasn't sure what they meant by tulpa but it's tying in Tibet to the new series

"Tulpa (sprul pa, སྤྲུལ་པ) is a Tibetan word meaning ’emanation’, ‘apparition’ or ‘magical illusion’, and the practices of contemporary tulpamancers are supposedly modeled on the esoteric procedures of Tibetan mystics, who we are often told, have been producing sentient mental-entities through meditation for centuries."

So potential explanation on how Dougie / Fake Diane came about from Bob Cooper, this may also be why Laura Palmer showed up in ep8 in that gold seed that fell to earth. I'm still not entirely sure who the guy was in the Twin Peaks jail that was drooling and parroting everyone, seems like another tulpa going haywire.

This might also explain Sarah Palmer as well, perhaps when Leland was possessed by Bob he replaced her back in the original series.

Last edited:

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As this season's Twin Peaks is almost impossible to recommend to anyone who hasn't watch the original show, this new season in my opinion does a quite good job between fan service and David Lynch artwork. It's definitely the TV show you wouldn't recommend to your worst enemy, fearing he afteral might like it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I feel fairly safe in saying this is the most original thing I've ever seen on tv. I'm not 100% clear what we are seeing, but we are certainly seeing something.

NOW THIS IS REALLY SOMETHING INTERESTING TO THINK ABOUT

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's alot clearer once you start having your own Monica Belucci dreams.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Slow burn of Coop's return was worth it. Although it would have been better five episodes back.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
That fucking ending, so help me there had better be a season 4 negotiated I need to be LYNCHED more.

Last edited: