Twitch.tv

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean... why? It doesn't take anything away from the game streams, there's only really 2 categories for it (IRL and Creative right?), and it's an extra source of income for Twitch and it apparently makes some people happy. I don't watch much of it myself but it certainly isn't hurting me.

People like to enforce their views on others when they can very easily just not watch it themselves and let other people enjoy what they like in life. You really have to go out of your way to find the IRL section.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Adblock. Sometimes there is an ad before videos/streams and adblock skips it, but the player keeps playing the ad. So you just have a black screen for 10-30 seconds. It sucks.
I don't know if they got rid of them but every now and then Twitch would play an ad that was 3 minutes or longer. I had adblock off to support various streamers but man fuck that horseshit. Yeah sure you can skip it but come on fuck that shit on principle alone. Adblock4life now!

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't think of the last time I saw a streamer even try to play an ad. The only time it wouldn't be a direct revenue loss would be if they were AFK anyway and usually they just let the chair sit empty or whatever. Twitch will autoplay one when you swap to a stream if you aren't in Twitch Prime or subscribed I think? I'm not sure, I just know I see 0 ads on the app so it's not just adblock doing it for me.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
For people having issues with Ads(I have massive issues with them, quality of the ads are to much for my internet)

Get Streamlink here Releases · streamlink/streamlink · GitHub (comes set for VLC to be the primary player) command line program

get's rid of the ads, streamers still get the hits for them but they will never play thru whatever media player you use, also you can have have it pull just audio from streams makes it really nice for podcasts, when you don't care about the actual video

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I am ok with the Creative, but it seems the majority of the IRL channels are a bunch of cam girls flaunting their boobs to get sub/donation money.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I am ok with the Creative, but it seems the majority of the IRL channels are a bunch of cam girls flaunting their boobs to get sub/donation money.

It's the perfect filter though, instead of shitting up the gaming sections they've essentially created an easy mode section for the cam girls (and consumers) to sequester themselves in. It's brilliant really.

• 2Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
you also don't see ads with ublock origin on chrome
uBlock Origin

mia khalifa is streaming again just cooking in her kitchen

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

It's the perfect filter though, instead of shitting up the gaming sections they've essentially created an easy mode section for the cam girls (and consumers) to sequester themselves in. It's brilliant really.

This is true. Creative is also fine to have...lets your Bob Ross wannabes do their thing.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Then don't watch IRL. How does this affect your life? Why do you care enough to post about it more than once?

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah cmon bruh, how else am i going to watch mia khalifa stream herself cooking with her beta roommate?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Plus streamers do like Q&A stuff with their fans in the IRL section, which is fair. Again, keeps them out of the actual "games" section and lets them (and their fans) do their thing. It's not just boob streamers that do it either although obviously that's the most common.

If Patrick Stewart did a Q&A on Twitch I would sure as fuck watch it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So what is the attraction to lirik? Sounds like a basement dwellng white boy talking gangster speak. I don't get it.

• 1Picard

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So what is the attraction to lirik? Sounds like a basement dwellng white boy talking gangster speak. I don't get it.

I said the same thing at first, but he grew on me. He's pretty funny to me. The last couple weeks though the stream has been in a rut since there hasn't been many games released that he likes or interested in. I've been watching Seagull lately instead. Sometimes Reckful if he's doing IRL stuff.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The funny thing is he is a rich Indian, thanks to twitch and no web cam.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I couldnt understand the appeal either but he has grown on me to the point where he is basically the only dude I really watch. He is the most consistent, has the best "time slot" for my schedule and is actually a pretty good gamer besides. Watching him win 1v4 squad games on pubg (often) never really gets old.

Starts around 2:30
He also tries pretty much every game and gets all the early beta keys because of his status. I also grew to enjoy his humor where once I kinda found him douchey. He's way more humble than I would be given his success.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I still dont understand watching randoms play a game you can go and play yourself. Let alone give money to said people. Its like paying me to take a shit, I was going to do that regardless if you paid me.

Like people watch tom brady and lebron james because they can do things you could never do. That guy isnt doing anything I cant.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I still dont understand watching randoms play a game you can go and play yourself. Let alone give money to said people. Its like paying me to take a shit, I was going to do that regardless if you paid me.

Like people watch tom brady and lebron james because they can do things you could never do. That guy isnt doing anything I cant.

I don't give money but I spread my amazon prime free sub around every month. I watch fairly often mostly because I don't have the time to play a lot of games I want to play anymore so when I'm doing shit i'll bring up streams as background noise.

GTAV RP is sort of an outlier though, as it's sorta like watching an unscripted TV show.

Oh and of course I watch the majors / TI for dota. Or have it up when i'm doing other shit at least.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Lirik I don't get. He's fucking annoying and he's rich because of it. Same thing with PewDiePie.

Watching someone like seagull that is an actual pro gamer now that's good shit.

• 1Salty

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Lirik I don't get. He's fucking annoying and he's rich because of it. Same thing with PewDiePie.

Watching someone like seagull that is an actual pro gamer now that's good shit.

It's a niche that's a bit more complex than a lot of people realize just popping in and looking at it with a mindset that's not really use to the twitch culture.

For example, I often throw on Kripparian playing hearthstone. I don't even like heartone but knew about him from his diablo / poe days. His whole shtick nowadays is being a salty baby and his chat plays so beautifully off of it. Even though I don't really care about the game, his reactions while playing and interactions with a chat that he's purposely cultivated into being insanely toxic is hilarious.