Twitch.tv

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't get Lirik and I also don't get the GTA RP shit. FInd them both boring as hell. That's the great thing about twitch though is there is such a huge variety of content and people that you will eventually find something you like. Watching someone drop $100 and tell the streamer "thanks for being there for me during a rough time in my life" creeps me the fuck out and makes me turn it off though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think Moonmoon can be fucking hilarious, but at the same time I definitely can't always watch him. Sometimes the shit is way too annoying, especially the music

Ryanz

<Banned>
Twitch is like hanging with your buddy watching him play games back in the day, and it's also a nice background noise to have on your 2nd or 3rd monitor when you're doing shit. I don't watch the popular streamers because they are usually try hard's and I can't stand someone who's trying to be entertaining instead of just being themselves.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Twitch is like hanging with your buddy watching him play games back in the day, and it's also a nice background noise to have on your 2nd or 3rd monitor when you're doing shit. I don't watch the popular streamers because they are usually try hard's and I can't stand someone who's trying to be entertaining instead of just being themselves.

I only watch TB, Jesse Cox and Dodger when it comes to streamers. I don't include SC2 tournaments in that. There are occasional PoE streams from nugijen and 4k strategy stream from quill18 but that's about it. As you said, it's mostly background noise

Needless

Toe Sucker
twitch is a gateway that lets me watch autistic people be autistic, feelsgoodman

• 1Solidarity

Szlia

I watch a lot of twitch these days, mostly on a 2nd screen while web browsing, etc. I almost only watch speedrunning retro games and Mario Maker (playing levels as well as making levels). It's a kind of ever entertaining game design class. EndySWE, Arcus87, Syun_N, Thabeast721, Aurateur, PJDiCesare, GrandPOOBear, GoSeigen, BarbarousKing, Enviosity, Carlsagan42 (almost impossible to catch live though), etc... They are streamers that are between about 600 and 30 viewers.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Anyone watching the Dragon Warrior randomizer races at night? Pretty interesting viewing experience.

Oldbased

> Than U
Was browsing around some games tonight and noticed tons of people with sub button in the header. Sub button hype! I look and they had 2k followers. Used to be unless famous or friend of a friend it was 10-20k followers, a consistent schedule, all sorts of formatting rules and no violations within a period to get it, or for most people a 1-2 year grind. With it so easy to get the button now many people will attempt for it. Most will fail to become full time but as long as they don't expect to be Lirik no harm in making a few bucks while you do what you enjoy. It's those (80%) who start off and think they are going to buy a mansion in 6 months that are annoying and I fear that will overrun the majority of twitch.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It is just an affiliate thing now. They get like 3 emotes and get paid out of subs when they accumulate 100 bucks, not sure if before or after twitch's rumored 50% cut.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I found Jesus and he's on Twitch drunk as hell. lol

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I've been using AdBlock Plus for a year now, and haven't seen an ad on Twitch. Recently though I'm starting to get ads showing for some reason.. is AdBlock allowing ads now?

Cybsled

If you have Amazon Prime, just link your accounts and you get Twitch Prime /w no ads.

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Stream ads are already complete cancer. So far haven't seen any from any of the streams I watch, but I'm almost positive streamers make their cash from donations and subs way more than ads.

LennyLeonard

Trakanon Raider
Stream ads are already complete cancer. So far haven't seen any from any of the streams I watch, but I'm almost positive streamers make their cash from donations and subs way more than ads.

You're right, however the larger streamers that are in sub-only mode have nothing to lose by playing ads. People who want to avoid ads can sub (win) or they can not sub and deal with the ads for $0.001 per view (or whatever), which is still a win. Also I think there's some kind of plugin or broadcaster setting to auto play ads when the streamers switch games/categories. I'm pretty sure Lirik, amongst others, use it, as he always plays an ad after about 10s when he switches games. The timing is too consistent for him to do manually seeing as how his sense of timing for most other things is poor.

Last edited: