Twitch.tv

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This new homepage blows. Feels way to crowded. Rather go back to the old one and if I want to see anything deeper I can click on something to get to that.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I never go to the frontpage. My bookmark is linked to here: twitch.tv/directory/following/live

spronk

FPS noob
twitch 2017, its a white girl with big titties having dance seizures for 2k people

shit though if you could make a living doing that for 2-3 hours a day i'd do it, mad respect to her for taking advantage of teenage boys

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I still just don't get this. I tried searching for streams from more watched channels/games, figuring people must be watching something interesting, and all I saw was a lot of idling. I then searched a few games and selected some previously recorded streaming sessions figuring maybe you can't just tune in half way through a live broadcast and I saw a lot of recorded idling. The best I could find just clicking around things that didn't look completely retarded was some top dude playing Darkest Dungeon or whatever and he was spending like 5 minutes narrating and joking with chat about every option he could choose in the next turn and exaggerating every thing that went on in the game.

This service is dumb. It's like watching a CCTV camera of mostly dumb people play video games as your fake friend while trying to scam money from you. There's so much fucking waiting it's like CSPAN. There needs to be some serious thought given to the stream model. I'm sure it was envisioned as just a "live broadcast" version of YouTube but everything is AIDS just watch boring people do boring shit for hours endless sub farming stream time whores. YouTube is all like concise, labeled and edited content. This stuff is just a nightmare.

• 2Picard
  • 2Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Translation: wtf, why can't I also have those sweet stream dollars?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Nope, just don't want to pay for TV and I'm running out of useful YouTube content.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
You might have to someday acknowledge that not everything that other people enjoy, you also enjoy.

The games with the biggest downtime are... well, pretty much just League, because of queue times at higher ELO (which is what people want to watch). Most other games have very little downtime that isn't built into the game itself (Overwatch round starts, PUBG plane countdown, etc.) and that is usually when the streamers take a quick break or just bullshit with their viewers.

If you want TV shows, get Netflix or pay for TV or just pirate stuff. Twitch is NOT a TV show and never will be. The streaming model is working exceedingly well for them (Twitch is raking in tons of money and hundreds if not thousands of streamers just stream as their primary income, compared to how many YouTubers?) and now there's even games coming out specifically made for streamers, with chat voting integration and such.

I don't enjoy the bulk of TV or movies that are popular. I hate watching sports and even most esports. But I enjoy Twitch. Especially a few of the streamers I've found via PUBG, really fun to watch.

Edit: Twitch sort of simulates the experience of sitting in the living room hanging with your friends while someone plays a game. I used to do this with my friends so maybe it resonates with me easier, but there's a fuckton of people on Twitch so it's not JUST people like me. It's some weird social media-entertainment hybrid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
speaking of twitch, i recently started watching rampage as he streams a lot of pubg. I don't know much about wrestling, is he a big wrestling guy? Like Hulk Hogan / Rock level of WWE famous? It blows my mind that kinda guy would be streaming video games nowadays

i love the travel IRL streams too, its cool watching someone walk around in asia or eastern europe just doing shit, as an older guy now and someone who hates planes it scratches an itch. they definitely need a LOT more of that.

• 1Solidarity

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
speaking of twitch, i recently started watching rampage as he streams a lot of pubg. I don't know much about wrestling, is he a big wrestling guy? Like Hulk Hogan / Rock level of WWE famous? It blows my mind that kinda guy would be streaming video games nowadays

i love the travel IRL streams too, its cool watching someone walk around in asia or eastern europe just doing shit, as an older guy now and someone who hates planes it scratches an itch. they definitely need a LOT more of that.

Rampage is a former MMA fighter, fought in UFC and Pride. Very old school. In terms of MMA, he's very well known, big fan favorite. He just didn't have the crossover power of Hogan/Rock and isn't Hollywood rich. There's quite a few active MMA fighters that stream as well.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this new ad system something that the streamers have to opt into, or is it Twitch sending ads to their streams regardless?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Streamers turn on a thing to have ads try to bypass ad blocking. There are entry ads to partner streams that the steamer has nothing to do with

Brikker

Trump's Staff
i've never even played the game but watching Grimmz on PUBG is insane. dude is a beast. randomly turned it on last night and he was duo'ing with anthony kongphan? and his win was something like 34 kills combined, with 25 himself.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
If you want TV shows, get Netflix or pay for TV or just pirate stuff. Twitch is NOT a TV show and never will be. The streaming model is working exceedingly well for them (Twitch is raking in tons of money and hundreds if not thousands of streamers just stream as their primary income, compared to how many YouTubers?) and now there's even games coming out specifically made for streamers, with chat voting integration and such.

I don't enjoy the bulk of TV or movies that are popular. I hate watching sports and even most esports. But I enjoy Twitch. Especially a few of the streamers I've found via PUBG, really fun to watch.

This was touched upon a bit on Dropped Frames (some fairly high impact twitch bros discussing the latest stream news/games), that since the Bob Ross marathon twitch is doing more TV-series marathons (power rangers and now crunchy roll), side-stepping the streamers. Of course, streamers are not going away, but it seems twitch might be expanding into other avenues as well, like streaming TV, but with a chat too (which is something I never understood why netflix etc. haven't utilised, chat can be cancer but also is a big part of the draw of twitch)

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

There are a few outside of Twitch famous people that stream. Freddie Prinze Jr streams on twitch

And this guy is a current UFC fighter and champ. He streams a ton and is a big nerd.

Oldbased

> Than U
Watching PG rated tit streams should get old after 5 minutes for most people. Much better action out there for free. Power to them hoes though.
Anyways this one caught me by surprise.
Police officer live streaming his daily patrols.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
This was touched upon a bit on Dropped Frames (some fairly high impact twitch bros discussing the latest stream news/games), that since the Bob Ross marathon twitch is doing more TV-series marathons (power rangers and now crunchy roll), side-stepping the streamers. Of course, streamers are not going away, but it seems twitch might be expanding into other avenues as well, like streaming TV, but with a chat too (which is something I never understood why netflix etc. haven't utilised, chat can be cancer but also is a big part of the draw of twitch)
Yea, Twitch seems like they just want to stream anything and everything. I've long wondered why services like Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, etc. were slow (or not even trying) to get on the "simultaneous watch" train so you can watch something with other people. Maybe I'm overestimating how much it would be utilized but considering how big the random shows on Twitch have been I think there's some value there.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I saw the police officer one the other night. I feel like that is a good way to get fired if someone told your boss. Seems crazy

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I saw the police officer one the other night. I feel like that is a good way to get fired if someone told your boss. Seems crazy